Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who is helping us - Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Kold wrote: »
    America.

Too big....how about Malta? Luxembourg maybe? Or Vatican City!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dinter wrote: »
    Jaysus try research beyond hysterical government scare mongering. We're still intrinsically linked to Europe. How hard is that to understand? We just didn't merge any further.

Or have you been off sick since we joined in 1973.

We said no, end of. My point being, linked or not, why should we expect them to help us now??

It's a bit like the spoily child yelling "no" to Mummy or Daddy... they may still be "intrinsically linked" to the family, but they're not going to get sweeties when they fall over....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Bono and Bob Geldof likes helping others - where are they

What about Bertie but alas he only likes helping himself :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't think "recession" is high up in the "humanitarian crisis requiring international aid" list...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

FÜCK YEAH ¿!?¡
    Kold wrote: »
    America.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

What about all those "personalities" climbing Kilimanjaro,cycling to Bangkok, helping the street children of "insert appropriate city(not Irish)"walking backwards to Vladivostok??

Where are they??

Not in Ireland... ok ok ok ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

How about we help ourselves and stop looking for hand outs.

Anyone flying to new york for shopping holidays or driving up north for shopping are slowly helping to kill the economy.

Next clown I meet who tries to show me some disgusting, over sized, brand named shirt that he bought in an outlet store in NYC is getting a slap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    We said no, end of. My point being, linked or not, why should we expect them to help us now??

It's a bit like the spoily child yelling "no" to Mummy or Daddy... they may still be "intrinsically linked" to the family, but they're not going to get sweeties when they fall over....

Yes but it's not really like that at all for more complicated economic, mutual dependency, related reasons that I'm not going to bother explaining to you now as no doubt you'll get them wrong, not understand, pointlessly question facts etc as per usual.

Seriously the amount of time I spend explaining and referencing things for you here I keep waiting for all your posts quoting me to consist entirely of "O Captain! My Captain!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

SheroN wrote: »
    How about we help ourselves and stop looking for hand outs.

Anyone flying to new york for shopping holidays or driving up north for shopping are slowly helping to kill the economy.

Next clown I meet who tries to show me some disgusting, over sized, brand named shirt that he bought in an outlet store in NYC is getting a slap.

Ok ok, calm down pilgrim.

We'll all stay here and get ripped off.

Put on that safety catch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Ok ok, calm down pilgrim.

We'll all stay here and get ripped off.

Put on that safety catch.

You will save some money. But the whole shopping in NYC/NI is very short sighted.

Heard some dickwad fresh off the plane from a shopping trip to NYC giving out about the poles and how they send all their money out of the economy.

• Advertisement

Dinter wrote: »
    Yes but it's not really like that at all for more complicated economic, mutual dependency, related reasons that I'm not going to bother explaining to you now as no doubt you'll get them wrong, not understand, pointlessly question facts etc as per usual.

Seriously the amount of time I spend explaining and referencing things for you here I keep waiting for all your posts quoting me to consist entirely of "O Captain! My Captain!"

You're the guy who once said that jail worked as a perfectly acceptable deterrent to criminals, so I wouldn't trust your "explanations and references" even if you did.

Anyway, back on track, you still haven't answered my question: Why should they help us when we got ourselves into this mess (and, in fairness, they're just as shagged as we are)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I for one believe the answer to our current predicament is thus...let's all simultaneously wish REALLY REALLY hard that things get better. Seriously it might work this time.

That or address the fundamental flaws in our society and adapt to the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Let's start hijacking ships and hold them for ransom in Foynes. Why should those Somali guys get all the action?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't think "recession" is high up in the "humanitarian crisis requiring international aid" list...
    I can't afford to wipe my ass with €100 notes any more. We need that damn international aid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I blame non-market control of intrest rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Fcuk who's going to help us. Who's to blame? Wall street and financial cnuts should be strung up by their knackers. That would make me feel better tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

An ex Nigerian Finance Minister emailed me this morning and is offering over $150 million in aid. I am currently sending him the €20,000 required to unlock the funds from his swiss account. It seems the Nigerian's are helping us best, sending us money and migrants, they even make our Guinness.

togster wrote: »
    Fcuk who's going to help us. Who's to blame? Wall street and financial cnuts should be strung up by their knackers. That would make me feel better tbh.

Agreed, but when it comes to greed and poor planning, Ireland isn't exactly innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

North Korea aren't looking so stupid now

Mark200 wrote: »
    North Korea aren't looking so stupid now

You've obviously not studied the history lessons on their website. :eek:

http://www.korea-dpr.com/mother.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

I think we should claim back all of the charity money we've been pouring into Africa and other third world countries over the years.

It's not like they've done anything useful with it. I still see ads on the TV with starving mucky black kids when I'm trying to tuck into my nice warm dinner. EVERY time I go to eat something one of those ads comes on, and no matter how many times I shout at the telly telling them I couldn't give a **** about races who still haven't managed to get their act together yet, they still show the ads.

Anyway I've gone off on a tangent, so yeah we should get all that charity money back, and if they can't pay us they should become our slaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I think we should claim back all of the charity money we've been pouring into Africa and other third world countries over the years.

It's not like they've done anything useful with it. I still see ads on the TV with starving mucky black kids when I'm trying to tuck into my nice warm dinner. EVERY time I go to eat something one of those ads comes on, and no matter how many times I shout at the telly telling them I couldn't give a **** about races who still haven't managed to get their act together yet, they still show the ads.

Anyway I've gone off on a tangent, so yeah we should get all that charity money back, and if they can't pay us they should become our slaves.

Controversial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

What Africa and those Third World countries needs is contraception or absentance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

JP Liz wrote: »
    absentance

maybe donate them some of yours? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Personally Im ruthless(i cant find ruth)

Take the 8cent back of the petrol that was put
    , cut all State Jobs over 60k per year by 5k ,

Limit TDs expenises to a max of 5k per year.

Reduce taxes , Sack my sister form her state job , she is not doing anything anyway.

Take back at least €720000 of the €800000 on putting in the traffic lights on my way to work , How it took 8months i will never know. and then look at all the other projects that are over running and take the money back there as well. should help the Gov Coffers recover with out taxing the private sector which pays for feckin everthing.

Reduce , Tax on everything that involves entertainment, All this should help ppl spend and make us cheaper as a whole again.

Kill the next guy that says we are moving to a service industry (you need manufacture to have service to provide twats)

Bring in life sentence chain gangs for repeat offenders , they can fix all our fecking road. Cheaper that paying the clowns we have at the moment.

Next person to say the average industral wage is 33k ,,,,,,,,,,,shoot them also cause they are prob on 70k a year and looking for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[WoW]

Joeface wrote: »
    Kill the next guy that says we are moving to a service industry

but we are mainly a service industry?! most manufacturing is carried out overseas- cheap labour and all that.
    don't kill me

Joeface wrote: »
    Kill the next guy that says we are moving to a service industry (you need manufacture to have service to provide twats)

Just as a matter of interest, what would you suggest we manufacture (excluding economic figures) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Who will help us? donr make me laugh, nobody will help us, you see my dear fellow irish people we are a soft touch, throughout the celtic tiger we became more and more of a soft touch for all manner of foreign aid, refugees and every other tom dick and harry with a sob story to tell, no one is gonna help us now not a chance you see we were fools hopefully this depreesion which is what it will be, will give a good wake up call to all these loony left wing bleeding heat libeals and they will have to deal with the real world for a change, then we will see how left wing they will be when they have to deal with this recession for a few years.
    Hopefully by this time next year we will see the rise of the far right in this country.

Advertisement