Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭slim223

dobman88 wrote: »
    Where do people get their Chinese from now seeing how the best in town has closed?

I refuse to go to Mayflower after a bad experience there before so tried Xin Garden near Hegartys tonight and wasn't impressed with it.

Does the place near Scotts do a take out or is it eat in only? Anyone tried the Thai place?

Is west lake palace closed for good? Tried the one out near Hegarthys also and it was brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

News coming through of a bad crash, near Farranfore, about a dozen injuries but no news on fatalities.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1229/669483-kerry-crash/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

No deaths appartently....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Have a small problem of cold radiators and want them fixed!!!!

So... Any recommendations be grateful.

moved your post into the Killarney thread, hopefully someone can assist you there.

anyone in Killarney able to help this boardie?
    MOD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Have a small problem of cold radiators and want them fixed!!!!

So... Any recommendations be grateful.

Have you bled the radiators?

Is your pump still working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Sikpupi

Have you bled the radiators?

Is your pump still working?

Ha... All done. Sludge in radiators is cause. Need to take off rads and flush them out. Had a plumber give that assessment... But he never came back!! Hence in looking for a new plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Anyone know a bar in killarney that's good for work experience? A friend and I are looking for unpaid work experience in the hopes of getting trained up. We would also be able to put this on our cvs as relevant experience.
    Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Anyone know a bar in killarney that's good for work experience? A friend and I are looking for unpaid work experience in the hopes of getting trained up. We would also be able to put this on our cvs as relevant experience.
    Thanks in advance :)

McSorleys would bite your hand off! You'd only get Saturday night between 11pm-3am most likely but no better place to learn. Always busy. I worked there for 5 years and had some of the best craic while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭brodsy

I had a similar problem s while back after switching back on the heating after the summer. The trick is to turn off all it rads except one and then after about 20 or 30 mins turn on another and so on and so . This gives the sludge at the bottom a chance to be heated up and circulated and then the next one and the next one etc. Your first feed rad should be the last to be turned on. Failing that try calling Falveys oil burner service crowd their no in advertiser.
    quote="Sikpupi;93613569"]Ha... All done. Sludge in radiators is cause. Need to take off rads and flush them out. Had a plumber give that assessment... But he never came back!! Hence in looking for a new plumber[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

McSorleys would bite your hand off! You'd only get Saturday night between 11pm-3am most likely but no better place to learn. Always busy. I worked there for 5 years and had some of the best craic while I was there.

I'll give them a shout, sound!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Give The Grand a shout as well, place is always mobbed so I'm sure they'd take the extra help.

The grand would be great craic ld say! you'd prob end up getting work there too...they often advertise positions

Wouldn't advise working in the grand or mustangs trying to get experience. I've worked in both. Horrible places to work. Try Scotts aswell.

^^ ok l take back what l said :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭careful_now

Where do people get their Chinese from now seeing how the best in town has closed?

I refuse to go to Mayflower after a bad experience there before so tried Xin Garden near Hegartys tonight and wasn't impressed with it.

Does the place near Scotts do a take out or is it eat in only? Anyone tried the Thai place?

I get my Chinese take away from Golden Chopsticks there near Scotts. Love the food from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

I get my Chinese take away from Golden Chopsticks there near Scotts. Love the food from there.
    Yes Golden Chopsticks is lovely

Thanks. Might try that next time so. My OH said there's one up behind the royal hotel too. I never knew it was there so may check it sometime too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I've heard a lot of positive talk about the Thai place.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of positive talk about the Thai place.

Yep. Been there loads of times. Highly recommended. The tasting platter is very good. Bits of everything

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Sikpupi

Is there a Council recycling point for Xmas Trees this year.

Been to Aras Padraig Car Park ... and it doesn't look like this is the centre this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

J Mac office supplies down the lane at Market Cross in Killarney. Anything I've had done to my laptop has been done there and never a problem with them.

Thanks. Job done, would recommend them also.

Anyone know of any sewing classes that might be starting??

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Yeah I'm wondering too about a Christmas tree recycling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Anyone know of any sewing classes that might be starting??

Wander into Trants Pharmacy on the Park Road. For AGES they had a lickle poster up on their counter-front over by the chemists side advertising sewing classes for all ages. Name & Number given on the poster.

Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam

Thanks a mil Kerry 4 Sam, where abouts is park road?? Any other shops near by?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thanks a mil Kerry 4 Sam, where abouts is park road?? Any other shops near by?

You know where the auld Ryans/Quality/now Hotel Killarney is? SuperValu or New Church/Church of the Resurrection is located? If not, that's okay I'll pop up there tomorrow for you and see get the details if it's still there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

Hi all,going to keep this short and sweet.In need of some advice,recommendations etc.
    Basically, am helping a friend sort her hen night in Killarney in February, she isn't exactly into the club scene anymore(although on the night she might change her mind)so what I'm looking for is some pointers,want to give her a great weekend.....
    Thinking of karaoke on the Friday night and a decent live music session on the Saturday night.I guess my big question is......are there any karaoke bars in Killarney?Haven't been to Killarney in years so really clueless as to what our options are !!!!!
    Also if anyone has ideas for a laid back way to spend Saturday morning afternoon I'd be very grateful for suggestions.
    Thanks 😊😊

kerry4sam wrote: »
    You know where the auld Ryans/Quality/now Hotel Killarney is? SuperValu or New Church/Church of the Resurrection is located? If not, that's okay I'll pop up there tomorrow for you and see get the details if it's still there :)

ya l do, is it the pharmacy beside supervalue?? Theres no need honestly l can pop in there myself sometime:)

Hi all,going to keep this short and sweet.In need of some advice,recommendations etc.
    Basically, am helping a friend sort her hen night in Killarney in February, she isn't exactly into the club scene anymore(although on the night she might change her mind)so what I'm looking for is some pointers,want to give her a great weekend.....
    Thinking of karaoke on the Friday night and a decent live music session on the Saturday night.I guess my big question is......are there any karaoke bars in Killarney?Haven't been to Killarney in years so really clueless as to what our options are !!!!!
    Also if anyone has ideas for a laid back way to spend Saturday morning afternoon I'd be very grateful for suggestions.
    Thanks 😊😊

As far as l know theres no karaoke anyway in killarney! *thank god*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

Thanks 😊😊

No karokee bars but plenty of bars to have fun in. College street is the main spot - you can go from pub to pub! Late bars in Killarney- McSorleys is usually busy with hens... so is the Qube. Scotts Bar has good band playing every Friday & Saturday night...

Advertisement