Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Mountains - Sydney Region

Options
  • 19-11-2008 6:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Heading here at the weekend and was wondering does anyone have any tips on places to stay and things to do for a one nighter in the blue mountains.

Looking to stay in a nice hotel 3-4 *

Not into hiking or anything but any other activities that may be fun please advise.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

I suppose the traditional viewing of the 3 Sisters rock formations is a 'must' anyways.

However, when in the Blue Mountains I think hiking is a must. It doesnt have to be strenuous either so dont let that put you off. I just did a one day walkabout with an aboriginal guide yesterday and it was fantastic. Took 8 hours but it was broken up very nicely so about 4 hours of that was walking through the valley (not too tough) mixed with some great relaxation spots for the other 4.
    www.bluemountainswalkabout.com is the site for anyone interested. The guide Evan is a bit 'out there' but still makes for a great insight into the indigenous history of the area as well.

Bike rentals are another option to explore the area at your own pace. There should be a rental store in Kotoomba.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Attachment not found.

The three sisters. Pretty. Taken by moi just over a year ago while in the Blue Mountains. Go for a rainforest floor walk and do some hiking. The blue mountains are a very attractive area.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

There's a place in Blakheath that has the best steak sandwich you will ever taste. It's beside the pub on the corner (can't remember the name of it)!

The pub there did $2 schooners and 20 cent pool when I was there!

Katoomba has that 3 sisters cable car thingy, that's good for a few photo's. If you're leaving on a Friday evening, you should leave early. The traffic is chaotic always on that road (a lot of people commute).

It's gas out there during yulefest, having Christmas dinner in July. it seems to be Christmas all year round out there.

It is great for hiking but if that's not your thing there are some nice views out there anyway.

Why do you want to stay in a hotel, I don't believe there are many out there. We stayed out in a rented holiday home type thing in Wentworth falls and it had a savage view. If I find the link I'll post it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Attachment not found.

The three sisters. Pretty. Taken by moi just over a year ago while in the Blue Mountains. Go for a rainforest floor walk and do some hiking. The blue mountains are a very attractive area.

I dont like the fat one in the middle, but the one on the left is HOT!!

Advertisement