Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair 1 Million Free Flights

Options
  • 18-11-2008 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Fares include taxes & charges
    Booking Period:Tue 18th Nov 08 - Fri 21st Nov 08Travel Period:Tue 09th Dec 08 - Thu 12th Feb 09Applicable Days:after 12pm Monday / all day Tuesday & Wednesday / before 12pm Thursday
    Subject To AvailabilityFlight must be purchased:14 Days in advanceBlackout Period:19th Dec '08 - 05th Jan '09
    30th Jan '09 - 01st Feb '09Notes on this fare:All Holidays, School Breaks and Major Sporting Events are excluded from this offer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Just so we can address this issue prior to people turning this into an idiotic thread on Ryanair - these flights will cost you €10.02 including your credit card fee and nominal charge. If you want priority boarding, check in at the airport or to bring baggage aside from hand baggage you will be charged more.

Now you know exactly what the deals includes so lets avoid the usual "I don't like Ryanair because they charged me for a cup of coffee" carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

johnfás wrote: »
    Just so we can address this issue prior to people turning this into an idiotic thread on Ryanair - these flights will cost you €10.02 including your credit card fee and nominal charge. If you want priority boarding, check in at the airport or to bring baggage aside from hand baggage you will be charged more.

Now you know exactly what the deals includes so lets avoid the usual "I don't like Ryanair because they charged me for a cup of coffee" carry on.

+1 :D

And just in case anyone doesn't want to pay the €10, get a Visa Electron card!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Doesn't appear to include flights from Ireland either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Do Ryanair still do email notifications of offers like these? If so does anyone know where I can sign up? Searched the website but no luck. Tks.

commited wrote: »
    Doesn't appear to include flights from Ireland either.

You were looking at the wrong page. Here are the destinations from Dublin:

Aberdeen Alghero Berlin Billund Birmingham Blackpool Bologna Bournemouth Bremen Bristol Brussels Cork Doncaster Durham Tees Düsseldorf-Weeze East Midlands Edinburgh Eindhoven Frankfurt-Hahn Glasgow Gothenburg City Hamburg-Lübeck Karlsruhe-Baden Leeds Liverpool London London (Luton) London-Gatwick Milan (Bergamo) Newcastle Paris-Beauvais Pisa (Florence) Reus (Salou)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

cornbb wrote: »
    Do Ryanair still do email notifications of offers like these? If so does anyone know where I can sign up? Searched the website but no luck. Tks.

Never mind, just booked some flights and ticked the appropriate box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Visa Electron card

Is it a normal Visa card or does the "Electron" have some significance?

Visa Electron is more akin to a Laser Card. I think Halifax are the only people doing them. If you have one Ryanair don't charge you a credit card fee so you would get the flights for 2c return rather than 10.02.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

johnfás wrote: »

I don't like Ryanair because they charged me for a cup of coffee - Robbers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Ryanair made me wet the bed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭collymcd

Am I doing something wrong? I just got quoted €250 for a return flight to Karlsruhe. Got quoted €60 for a return to Liverpool too. Both flights leaving on the 21st Dec and returning on the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

collymcd wrote: »
    Am I doing something wrong? I just got quoted €250 for a return flight to Karlsruhe. Got quoted €60 for a return to Liverpool too. Both flights leaving on the 21st Dec and returning on the 23rd.

Read read read...

Blackout Period: 19th Dec '08 - 05th Jan '09
    30th Jan '09 - 01st Feb '09
    Notes on this fare: All Holidays, School Breaks and Major Sporting Events are excluded from this offer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

collymcd wrote: »

dude, blackout period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Did any of you have problems booking --Are Ryanair having technical problems with their site?
    I chose my flight details, entered credit card details and then the site told me ''your session has been blocked''. Then it told me I had entered the payment details incorrectly -- and now I have a booking confirmation email in my inbox with a confirmation number. Has the booking gone though, do you think?

Thanks a lot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭collymcd

That might be it then.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

twanda wrote: »
    Did any of you have problems booking --Are Ryanair having technical problems with their site?
    I chose my flight details, entered credit card details and then the site told me ''your session has been blocked''. Then it told me I had entered the payment details incorrectly -- and now I have a booking confirmation email in my inbox with a confirmation number. Has the booking gone though, do you think?

Thanks a lot

Once you have a confirmation numbered with confirmed underneath its gone though.

twanda wrote: »

Thanks a lot

Yup happened to me, must be related to their traffic levels. I was there trying loads of different credit cards too thinking one was maxed out.

I left it a while and tried it on another computer (thought that might be the problem) and it worked but it was probably just pot luck.

Bit annoying that Saturdays are not included (they usually are) but you gotta take the deals you are offered and I am not complaining as I have to travel to the UK alot and I can work around the dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 tytlak

sweet..flyin to Eindhoven for 2 days for 2 cents with my visa electron :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

is it possible to get a visa electron in ireland or is just uk?

im sorry for going off topic

also i keep getting 'cant calculate fees,try again' anyone getting this as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 tytlak

sorry mate, up north for sure but no joy with electron over here, only laser which should get the top prize for the most useless debit card ever, get yourself a northern Irish address and open an account over there, it is worth a hassle if you fly a lot w/ ryan

ps there is also halifax visa debit card but ryan charge 5 euro for each flight nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Just booked for myself and herself to Paris for €30:02
    15th - 18th December.Disneyland here We come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

So there's no way of avoiding the CC charges if you live in Republic of Ireland as there's no cards available to avoid these charges yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is the website borked for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

okidoki987 wrote: »
    So there's no way of avoiding the CC charges if you live in Republic of Ireland as there's no cards available to avoid these charges yes?

The only one is a Halifax debit card.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

askU wrote: »
    The only one is a Halifax debit card.
    okidoki987 wrote: »

Halifax debit card still has a charge of €10 same as any visa excluding the 'visa electron' which isn't in Ireland but can be gotten via Britain or Spain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Is the website borked for everyone?

From the website
    Sporadic System Error -18 November 2008 - www.ryanair.com

There is a sporadic error message occurring when customers are booking flights or using the Manage My Booking section of our website. A error message is appearing which states 'Unable to Calculate Fees for the Requested Items'. Customers receiving this message should refresh the web page and resubmit their request.

We apologise for this problem which should be rectified shortly by our system provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

davton wrote: »
    Halifax debit card still has a charge of €10 same as any visa excluding the 'visa electron' which isn't in Ireland but can be gotten via Britain or Spain.

What banks do it?

askU wrote: »
    What banks do it?

lloydstsb

Halifax uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Trampas

I don't like Ryanair because they charged me for a cup of coffee - Robbers

You must not fly Aer Lingus and a lot of other airlines as well.

Advertisement