Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Ireland living in the Dark Ages ?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

nilhg wrote: »
    They are all mad, some genius in the US wants to make it compulsory that cameraphones emit a "tone or other sound audible within a reasonable radius of the phone" when they take a picture.

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2009/01/our-intrepid-leaders.html

The lunatics are taking over the asylum it seems.

I think Japan already has such a law due to a craze for men taking photos up women's skirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Many countries have it I think - I thought the EU were working towards some legislation (or maybe it was just individual countries).

I remember my Motorola (US) phone couldn't let you turn off the shutter sound, until I upgraded to Chinese firmware.

Even in Ireland there have been scandals involving nude pictures of secondary school girls being sent around the country - so there's certainly reason for people to be aware of what the situation is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

Anouilh wrote: »
    One good reason to join the Freelance Branch of the NUJ, perhaps?
    But since the term journalist is not a restricted why would you need that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Thirdfox wrote: »

Even in Ireland there have been scandals involving nude pictures of secondary school girls being sent around the country - so there's certainly reason for people to be aware of what the situation is.

hehe i remember them

Advertisement