Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band Of Brothers Box Set - €13.99 Free Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

That is a stunning price, easily the cheapest I've seen it at yet. Good find OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

No there are no excuses not to own this, no matter how hard the recession has hit you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Contender for Bargain Alert of the year. I remember picking this up for €45 a few years ago and thought I had gotten a bargain. Amazing series.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just ordered, been meaning to get this.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 greenhill

How do you get them to deliver to Ireland as they wont allow me? Really want this series for this price Is there any way around it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

You have to select euro as your currency first (top right) and then add stuff to the basket. You cannot get electrical goods delivered to ireland either, just cds,dvds, software etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Holy sh*t, that's a crazy price. BUY BUY BUY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 greenhill

thanks a million noblestee worked perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

Thanks, Just after ordering it aswell what a great bargain....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Always wanted to check out this series. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

thanks for the tip. thats 1 more Xmas pressie ticked off the list

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Thanks OP, will do as an xmas pressie for someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

Lord of therings trilogy is on send it for about €15.50, great present also!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, wonderful show.

Already bought it but it's top-notch stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

while it is a great deal play's exchange rate is disgraceful - according to xe this should be €11.70 it's well worth keeping an eye on amazon at the moment as you get the proper exchange rate and even with the postage you may come out cheaper than play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ongarite

For any of you folks with Blu-Ray players, the series has just been released on Blu-Ray and its OMG AWESOME. Buy it now!!!!!
    http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/6033697/Band-Of-Brothers-Limited-Edition-Collectible-Tin/Product.html

Not strictly as bargain alert, just awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Feck. Bought it just a couple of weeks ago for €25ish, and thought that was good value.

Now, however, I've just blagged a cheap Xmas pressie... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It BeeMee wrote: »
    Feck. Bought it just a couple of weeks ago for €25ish, and thought that was good value.

Same here bought the tin edition several years ago. Just ordered this for the auld lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

dereko1969 wrote: »
    while it is a great deal play's exchange rate is disgraceful - according to xe this should be €11.70.

How much are xe.com selling Band of Brothers for :rolleyes: ?

If you think the play.com price is not a good price, then don't buy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Cheers OP just bought this for myself....now to make time to watch it all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

Thanks a lot to faoile@n for pointing out this great deal. HBO certainly produce the best TV from the US.
    while it is a great deal Play's exchange rate is disgraceful - according to xe this should be €11.70 it's well worth keeping an eye on amazon at the moment as you get the proper exchange rate and even with the postage you may come out cheaper than play.

There's often not much in the difference. In this case, you'd pay €14.82 (including postage) for Band of Brothers from Amazon. If you were already buying other DVDs, it might be better to buy them from Amazon as the proportional delivery charge per item goes down, the greater the number of items in the delivery (there's a £1.49 per delivery and then 39p for each extra item). I find that Play is usually best for the once-off purchases. The great thing about Internet shopping is that it's just so easy to shop around. :D

I've also noticed that some time over the past 6 weeks or so, Play's exchange rate has become a bit more reasonable. They had been using an exchange rate of €1.50 for £1 but they're now using €1.40. I figure that the reason for their higher exchange rate is that it's a convenient way for them to incorporate the extra cost of delivering outside the UK into the price of the item.

TarfHead wrote: »
    How much are xe.com selling Band of Brothers for :rolleyes: ?

If you think the play.com price is not a good price, then don't buy from them.
    if you bothered reading what i actually wrote, i said it was a great price but that it would be worth keeping an eye on amazon.co.uk for other items where the difference in the costs may not be so great bearing in mind the exchange rate differential.
    play's usp is that they have free shipping as opposed to amazon - however it doesn't always lead to a better deal given the exchange rate used and i thought it helpful to point that out in this thread rather than putting it into a thread on consumer issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Great find gonna add that to someones stocking for christmas
    fe2d010308a6b3799a3d9c728ee74244.gif

while it is a great deal play's exchange rate is disgraceful - according to xe this should be €11.70

Well, if you had bothered to use punctuation .. :rolleyes:.

The exchange rate is irrelevant. If PLAY are quoting EUR, that's the price and it's the prospective buyer's choice as to whether the offer is good or not. The underlying echange rate used is irrelevant; the GBP price is not available outside of the UK.

Quoting xe.com to 'justify' any statement is, to me, specious.

TarfHead wrote: »
    Well, if you had bothered to use punctuation .. :rolleyes:.

The exchange rate is irrelevant. If PLAY are quoting EUR, that's the price and it's the prospective buyer's choice as to whether the offer is good or not. The underlying echange rate used is irrelevant; the GBP price is not available outside of the UK.

Quoting xe.com to 'justify' any statement is, to me, specious.

i'll ignore your spelling errors so :rolleyes:, again i did point out that this particular deal is excellent. My general point was that when people go to the Play site, generally speaking the sterling price is the default price and to remind them to shop around as the euro price quoted will be significantly more than the use of a foreign exchange site would indicate. In that regard using Amazon.co.uk or Hmv may result in a better bargain. well done on using specious correctly.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

It BeeMee wrote: »

ditto
    :(

i'll ignore your spelling errors so :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with my spelling - it's my typing that is sh!t€ :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

that is a crazy price, I remember getting it for about 30euro (that was about 2 years ago) and that was a great bargain!
    brillant show, worth every penny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thanks OP. Ordered one this morning. Great price for a great show.

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Great find, ordered also! Thanks OP :D

Advertisement