Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mythbusters Moon Landing Special, Discovery at 8pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

King Mob wrote: »
    Please explain further. You do know the are thousand of really crap photos taken during the mission that didn't appear in the news and such? And that the crew had a lot of training and practice with the chest mounted cameras before launch?

Yes, I realise that. This website sums up my points about the chest mounted cameras and crosshair anomalies.
    Who said the Van Allen belt would do anything to the film? They where in metal canisters inside the craft.

If these metal cannisters did shield from radiation, then how would the film have withstood the temperature variations on the moon inside the camera?
    Can you please point out these anomalies? Is it possible that Nasa only slightly touched up certain photographs for artistic proposes?

Again, the website I pointed to has ample amounts of information on touch ups.
    What about the mountain of other evidence besides the photographs such as the samples brought back by all the Apollo missions and the tracking of the capsules by a load of radio telescopes?

Samples brought back could have been obtained during Von Braun's Antarctic expedition. Plenty of moon rock to be found there. http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/666/forget-apollo-antarctic-moon-rock-better
    But the big question is: If they faked it, how come the Russians never said anything?
    Wouldn't the fact that the space race was about a climate of oneupmanship mean the Russians have pointed out this so called evidence?
    They certainly would have known being able to track the Apollo missions and being well able to analyse the photos.

Good man, now you're thinking outside the box. So, theorise as to why the Russians never said anything, answer your own question. Don't go for the cop-out of 'because the landing happened for real', I want conspiracy theories from you King Mob, theories as to why the Russians wouldn't have called this into question.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Kernel wrote: »
    Yes, I realise that. This website sums up my points about the chest mounted cameras and crosshair anomalies.
    And if you actually read any of the critical links the crosshairs thing is explained.

If these metal cannisters did shield from radiation, then how would the film have withstood the temperature variations on the moon inside the camera?
    Both ideas have been debunked
    raditation and film: http://www.clavius.org/envradfilm.html
    Heat and film: http://www.clavius.org/envheat.html
    Again, the website I pointed to has ample amounts of information on touch ups.
    Not really. Alot of what they're saying are anomilies are well explained and debunked. You really should check sites like these against the skeptical ones.
    Samples brought back could have been obtained during Von Braun's Antarctic expedition. Plenty of moon rock to be found there. http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/666/forget-apollo-antarctic-moon-rock-better
    Well no they couldn't have. Moon rock found in Antarctica are in fact meteorites and are obviously so to geologists. Plus alot more samples where taken by the Apollo missions then have ever been found in Antarctica.
    But tell me why would Von Braun, a rocket engineer, go to Antarctica to collect samples anyway? Isn't that a geologist's job?
    Good man, now you're thinking outside the box. So, theorise as to why the Russians never said anything, answer your own question. Don't go for the cop-out of 'because the landing happened for real', I want conspiracy theories from you King Mob, theories as to why the Russians wouldn't have called this into question.
    Because they tracked the Apollo missions, had spies close enough to see if it was a hoax or not, had legions of scientists and other experts who would have identified any inconsistencies in the footage or returned samples.

Why would I bother creating a more elaborate theory when a simpler one explains everything?

Maybe the Russians got their hands on a stargate and were busy fighting the Goa'old?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Wiki wrote:
    During the local summer of 1966/67, von Braun participated in a field trip to Antarctica, organized for him and several other members of top NASA management.[34] ([2] Photo of von Braun at South Pole]) The goal of the field trip was to determine whether the experience gained by US scientific and technological community during the exploration of Antarctic wastelands would be useful for the manned exploration of space. Von Braun was mainly interested in management of the scientific effort on Antarctic research stations, logistics, habitation and life support, and in using the barren Antarctic terrain like the glacial dry valleys to test the equipment that one day would be used to look for signs of life on Mars and other worlds.

so von Braun did go to a Antartica, I wonder did it have anything to do with the Nazi's secret base there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

so von Braun did go to a Antartica, I wonder did it have anything to do with the Nazi's secret base there?

Okay the wiki text makes sense, dunno if it's true or not but it does make sense. But what secret nazi base?

No he obviously went there the secure the second stargate for the Americans.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

THE secret Nazi Base, C'mon lad surely you've heard, the Nazis are in Cahoots with the space Lizzzards, they have a secret base in Antartica, has been there since the 30's

heres a Youtube explainin it all

its where they kep the Nazi flying saucers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭MrDaithi

I have seen a better hoax debunking documentary on Discovery or National Geographic before. It went over the majority of the hoax myths and shown that they don't make any sense. The attempt with the full body suit and also parabolic flights was the only thing new to be seen in the mythbusters' show. I find it quite upsetting when the Mythbusters guys said nobody had tried to debunk that much on TV before.

I recorded and encoded that documentary and saved it somewhere. I'll try to remember it's name and the name of the guy who made it. Will post back with documentary info.

Here is a very good site going through the hoax myths one by one: http://www.lunaranomalies.com/fake-moon.htm

I just don't believe they went to the moon in 1969... I KNOW they went to the moon in 1969.

MrDaithi wrote: »
    I have seen a better hoax debunking documentary on Discovery or National Geographic before. It went over the majority of the hoax myths and shown that they don't make any sense. The attempt with the full body suit and also parabolic flights was the only thing new to be seen in the mythbusters' show. I find it quite upsetting when the Mythbusters guys said nobody had tried to debunk that much on TV before.

It may have been the one I mentioned in this thread, narrated by Neil Morrissey of Men Behaving Badly fame? I thought it was definitely better than the Mythbusters special. I mean, NASA provided them with the material to test the footprints! :)

No he obviously went there the secure the second stargate for the Americans.

Don't be silly, that's in the Himalayas.

Don't be silly, that's in the Himalayas.

Sir I beg to differ.
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Beta_Gate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

tsk ... No King Mob, that's a distraction. Disinformation if you will.
    The real one is buried deep in the Himalayas. They haven't been able to get it yet and it seems the rock is too thick for it to be simply beamed out.

Advertisement