Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 condoms, €2.64

Options
  • 15-11-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17873

Just dont blame me if they break and leave you with a kid :P

DX have stress tested each kind though and they don't seem too bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Thanks, that will get me through the weekend.

Wah!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Prefer to spend more and get decent ones tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

sure how bad can they be and at that price its worth the risk :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

- Product of China -- where locals rely on such products to avoid birth control penalties (the government legally enforces birth control and fines "overage")

How reassuring...

DX, is there anything you won't sell??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Kristok wrote: »

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Sure why bother when you can get a roll of Lidl Clingfilm for under two Euro ? Can even be washed and re-used if you're careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

c - 13 wrote: »
    Sure why bother when you can get a roll of Lidl Clingfilm for under two Euro ? Can even be washed and re-used if you're careful.

Classy lol.

Awaiting reviews on DX about these, should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

love the way they advertise these ones (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17865) as multi-purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Can someone check these out and come back in 9 months and let us know please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

c - 13 wrote: »

Pack of tayto's are only 59 cent, and they taste nice to boot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Pack of tayto's are only 59 cent, and they taste nice to boot

Get a mars bar instead and then when you're finished eating it you can use the wrapper with an elestic band and boom you've got your condom...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Thanks, that will get me through the weekend.

Wah!

They are not water balloons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

jonski wrote: »
    They are not water balloons

yeah be careful ! you need to get the multi-purpose ones if you want to use them as water baloons.
    love the way they advertise these ones (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17865) as multi-purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

keane2097 wrote: »
    Get a mars bar instead and then when you're finished eating it you can use the wrapper with an elestic band and boom you've got your condom...
    Your willy fits in them? Poor thing :(

:pac:

It is what it's.

Apparently these are actually smaller than standard ones in europe. So watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Boots have some for reasonable value at the min actually - the larger boxes of Durex - 12s I think. Two for 15 euro and they're 12 something each. But if you go in and buy your shower gel/deodorant or whatever seperately first and spend over 7.50 you'll get a voucher for 3 euro off some brands, one of which is Durex so you get the two boxes for 12 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Boots have some for reasonable value at the min actually - the larger boxes of Durex - 12s I think. Two for 15 euro and they're 12 something each. But if you go in and buy your shower gel/deodorant or whatever seperately first and spend over 7.50 you'll get a voucher for 3 euro off some brands, one of which is Durex so you get the two boxes for 12 euro

you've thought about that way too much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

TPD wrote: »
    DX have stress tested each kind though and they don't seem too bad.

Dang

/emails CV

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

keane2097 wrote: »

Thats king size I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kristok wrote: »
    Ye wouldn't even want to risk a posh **** with those!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

About the same as a box of 50 ziplock bags I suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Wow thats cheap. I love they way when presented with a bargain, in Ireland, most people think of why it might be defective, or otherwise inferior. That's (Irish) human nature I guess.

If you want branded condoms, Boots do 3 for 2 on Durex and Mates condoms every few months, buying three 12/18 packs works out cheap. If you're not bothered about brand, buying online from SmartPaddy, is probably the next cheapest to these.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Oracle wrote: »
    Wow thats cheap. I love they way when presented with a bargain, in Ireland, most people think of why it might be defective, or otherwise inferior. That's (Irish) human nature I guess.

If you want branded condoms, Boots do 3 for 2 on Durex and Mates condoms every few months, buying three 12/18 packs works out cheap. If you're not bothered about brand, buying online from SmartPaddy, is probably the next cheapest to these.

Seriously, I love a good bargain and i'm not saying that theres anyhting wrong with these, but me personally, there are two things I wont skimp on prices for. One is food and the second is contraception.

I don't want to save myself 12 Euros but get myself a kid into the bargain. I'm not saying these are any more or less safe than the most popular brands but I'd rather not chance it.

Its like Lidl, I'd buy anything else there but not condoms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Amusingly, they do sell pregnancy tests in that same category.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Amusingly, they do sell pregnancy tests in that same category.

Foetal heart rate monitors too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is it any wonder that China has the world's largest population?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

you've thought about that way too much...

I work there - we always work out how to use the vouchers to best advantage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

TPD wrote: »
    Apparently these are actually smaller than standard ones in europe. So watch out.

I'm pretty sure they aren't much different in size.. but I am pretty sure they are thinner than durex or mates ones. They are famous for that.

You can get the same brand in some of the chinese/asian supermarkets in Dublin. They are cheap there too.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Is it any wonder that China has the world's largest population?

They are also only allowed to have one child each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

ah lads whats going on!!!

put your misses on the evra patch!!

ride all ya want and dont have to use condoms. costs her €25 a month so its a bargin for me!! :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

rubadub wrote: »
    Ye wouldn't even want to risk a posh **** with those!

Well only if your worried where your hand has been i suppose

Advertisement