Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isnt it time Tommy Tiernan fuc*ed off

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carl-sagan

i get the impression that he'd like to be viewed as some sort of lenny bruce / bill hicks type. But he isnt in the same league..I find most of his stuff crude and more importantly just not funny..Ive watched him on Letterman twice and of course his routine had to be cleaned up for a national american audience, and it struck me that his routine was just painfully unfunny . Without his shock tactics to rely on he was exposed as a pretty average comedian...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

What's with all that squealing and shouting that he does?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

He used to be hilarious and now just has the odd funny thing to say. Don't think I'd bother to go see him again.

And was he ever taking the piss out of people with Downs? When I saw him he was telling a story about how he thought he was being great by using his celebrity status to help people with Downs, only to be mistaken for Mickey Joe Hart. It was funny. Not hilarious, just funny. And his impression of someone with Downs wasn't to insult them or to make fun of them at all. If you know anyone with Downs, you'll know exactly how they behave and Tiernan had it down to a T.

I don't see what all the fuss was about. I don't understand why simply ignoring him is not an option for some of you. There's plenty of people I'm not keen on and if I kept freaking out like some of you, everytime I saw them, I'd of had a heart attack years ago. Just move on with you lives, he's not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Did you hear the radio Ad for his DVD. The one with him going on about "Living +1, more 4 etc etc....

is that the best he can do for a radio Ad for his DVD?.............dear ohhh, dear ohhhh, Dear:(

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

my mom was dying of motor neurone disease, she is dead now

but she was dying and he made a joke about the condition at a show

my sister was there and walked out

i don't like people like him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

lucozader wrote: »
    my mom was dying of motor neurone disease, she is dead now

but she was dying and he made a joke about the condition at a show

my sister was there and walked out

i don't like people like him

Yes he should check with everyone attending if they or their extended family are non-caucasian non-able-bodied or in some other way different from the norm and if so, he should cancel the show.

You might find this amusing: http://www.wimp.com/dumbgirl/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Like most Irish people I enjoy the craic and a joke like everybody. However I cant see anything funny about this unfunny navan plonker making fun out of the most vulnerable people in society and mimicking them. What kind of a washed up comic do you have to be when you resort to that crap. Look at all the top comedians throughout the world, they dont need to take the pis* out of people with physical or mental difficulties. I heard of a gig he did at the cats laughs festival and half of the audience walked out when he did his joke about handicapped people. he was original and funny years ago, he just seems desperate and sad now

I don't think he's that funny at all. But thats not because he makes fun of the most vulnerable people in society blah blah

He was never original and funny, he shouted a lot and told a few jokes and for some reason Ireland latched on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sean_K wrote: »
    Yes he should check with everyone attending if they or their extended family are non-caucasian non-able-bodied or in some other way different from the norm and if so, he should cancel the show.

No,he should stop pretending to be a comedian and piss off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ad for his DVD just on RTE. Consisted of a voiceover saying it is "mad" and "hilarious" and then Tommy doing one of his stupid shrieks at the top of his voice. Eh, yeah, looks great Tommy, keep up the....eh, good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EnigmasWhisper

Sean_K wrote: »

Dont be a plonker :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

He isn't funny and he shouts too much

Advertisement