Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuzzy green pixels.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If this fails i would advise that you backup all your data and just reinstall the os/drivers/programs again. Its almost always quicker then troubelshooting and usually fixes qwerky little problems like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Same situation again, I've just gone through everything yet again to try and solve the problem and no joy. Tried out the old monitor and it's still the same, blank screen. I've just completely ruled out overheating now, as the GPU is currently clocked down as far as it'll go and the fan is up to 100%.

I'm probably just going to try reinstall vista as Manties suggests, I guess. And if that doesn't fix things, then I'm going to have to go try Komplett.

If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas, let me know please. This is driving me crazy.

It's the monitor!!!

I was so fed up I decided I'll just hook up the old PC to the new monitor and watch something on it, the same graphics issue was present instantly. Thank christ I didn't go ahead and reinstall vista, it would've been a huge waste of time. I'm relieved as hell now just to know exactly what the issue is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Put your gpu clock speeds back where they should be before you started messin and enjoy some games, I recommend getting Left4Dead ASAP :p Glad u got it sorted

It hasn't been sorted yet, I still can't use my old monitor with this PC, and as I'm looking at the screen now, it's still loaded with the dreaded fuzzy green. The monitor is gonna have to be returned now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

fuzzy greens, itll be a hoot to play a zombie game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

h8red wrote: »
    ... Might be your monitor or monitor cable...

Woo! Fourth post! :D

Advertisement