Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race around Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I hate you... now I want to do it....

Raam, Blorg, Quigs, you up for it!?

Anyone who drives prepared to offer support vehicle services? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

i might be up for a bit of the 8 man team.... just cos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

That look likes lots of fun...... 2000km over four days. I like the little mistake.... I think they mean per day....... :)
    Solo riders will spend up to 22hours on the bike to be competitive.

The start date for the solo riders will be 10am Wednesday 16th September 2009 with the teams starting on Thursday 17th at 10am also. The cut off time for the event is 100 hours.

Now someones taking the pisss.... 100 hours (2000km --- 20km a hour and you can't stop)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

May aswell get the Official Link in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I'd also be on for an 8 man team. Plenty of time for training, looks like fun.

I'd be keen for a four man team -- 6 hours per day for 4 days..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I hate you... now I want to do it....

Raam, Blorg, Quigs, you up for it!?

Hell yeah

Raam wrote: »
    Hell yeah

No, I can't, getting married around then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Mad, the lot of ye
    (i'd be on fot it if I had the time !)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I would love to do this. We could enter several boards teams. I reckon with 10 months training, that it is doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Well then you'd better go and get this done while you can, cos once you're married you'll never earn enough brownie points to do it :)
    Alternatively, I can't think of a better honeymoon! :D

Good honeymoon.... but congratulations mate!

We have a spot opened up on our team so... any takers?

I'd bloody love to do this, but the timing is just all wrong :(
    This would be a great event to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

I would definitely be interested in doing this.

rogerb wrote: »
    I would definitely be interested in doing this.

We have our 4th team member! Welcome aboard :p

If it's at the start of September, I should be available for a team. Anything past the middle and I'll be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

mmm, i strugled on the sligo/letterkenny run last two times i done it, this might just kill me, but i cant help feeling attracted to these things, would need to do serious training though

:o

If it's at the start of September, I should be available for a team. Anything past the middle and I'll be out.

Start and Finish Times
    The start date for the solo riders will be 10am Wednesday 16th September 2009 with the teams starting on Thursday 17th at 10am also. The cut off time for the event is 100 hours.

Start and Finish Times

Ah, in that case, I'm out again. Unless they change it to an earlier date :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Ah, in that case, I'm out again. Unless they change it to an earlier date :)

Shame it is on so late. You could have used it as a sort of extended stag night. Bike all day, booze all night. You'd be in great shape for the wedding.

You not interested El_Tonto?

I think we could get a couple of boards teams together... would be good to have (at least) 2 teams of 4 who could race each other, and maybe a team of 8 for those too chicken to go with a 4 way :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Anyone who drives prepared to offer support vehicle services? :)
    I have one of these:
    Vivaro%20Minibus%20Silver%200308%20%2813%29.JPG
    Maybe I could help.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You not interested El_Tonto?

Oh, I'll be going solo:P

Seriously though, while it does sound like a bit of crack it also means taking time off work and I'll have to have a bit of a think about that considering that's the third big event I could potentially end up doing next year.

If I were to do it, I'd definitely have to pair myself up with at least one mountain goat.

el tonto wrote: »

Seriously though, while it does sound like a bit of crack it also means taking time off work and I'll have to have a bit of a think about that considering that's the third big event I could potentially end up doing next year.

If I were to do it, I'd definitely have to pair myself up with at least one mountain goat.

Oh... the excuses have already started. On a four person team you coulf only do the 10pm - 6am bit and still drive into work on time.

Hermy wrote: »
    I have one of these:
    Maybe I could help.

If that's an offer, Team MrExplosions (name awaiting approval for other team members) would gladly take you up on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

/Lurker approaches from behind the bikeshed....

I'd be interested in doing this, probably in a team of four. I went around Ireland in 14 days last year so would be interesting to try beat my personal best ;)

Myself and 2 mates are planning to try ride across America in October 09 so this would be a good prep.

Plus I have a Boards jersey!

el tonto wrote: »

3 days off work to race around Ireland... you'd get an article out of it, so think of it as research :p

Yes, you really do need a mountain goat, thank goodness I've got three already!

I bagsie the midlands lads :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

If that's an offer, Team MrExplosions (name awaiting approval for other team members) would gladly take you up on it!
    You don't mind if I run the meter all the way???

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Hermy wrote: »
    You don't mind if I run the meter all the way???

You can run the meter all you want!
    Note, that doesn't mean Team MrExplosions will pay the fare....

I think it'd be great, a cycling team being supported by a taxi driver -showing the world how we can co-exist in harmony with each other :)

Advertisement