Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New CT Moderators

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Gordon wrote: »
    It should, do you have access to the mod forum?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=133

No I cant access that, miju sent it to me in a PM as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

This is a Hosted forum. It's not a "real" Boards forum, so mods don't typically gain access to the Mod forum.

This is a Hosted forum. It's not a "real" Boards forum, so mods don't typically gain access to the Mod forum.

Tch, Shush You, We're the only ones keepin it Real

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Good point TE, can you guys visit the reported posts forum and the hmod forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Could ye not just move the forum? Twas suggested earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Welcome to new mods. :)

May I ask yet again, what is the difference between a hosted forum and a normal one? Why is conspiracy theories hosted, when another similar forum like paranormal is under rec?

yeah I dont get it either, I dont have access to this Mod forum, only the Hmod forum.

But

I CAN HAS BANHAMMER

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Kernel wrote: »
    May I ask yet again, what is the difference between a hosted forum and a normal one?
    Hosted forums don't form part of the core site. They've been made available to various groups, such as IrelandOffline, as a courtesy. The broad idea is that they provide a special interest group with a bulletin board so that they don't have to build one themselves.
    Why is conspiracy theories hosted, when another similar forum like paranormal is under rec?
    I reckon it should be moved to a main category. Which one, though? It has to be either Rec or Soc. Soc seems more appropriate, but that would piss Casey off, as I generally cat-ban him from Soc within a few hours of him re-registering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

yeah I dont get it either, I dont have access to this Mod forum, only the Hmod forum.

But

I CAN HAS BANHAMMER

And you've threatened two posters with it within 24 hours of getting it. Way to not let the power go to your head.

You noticed that the person I banned was banned for abusing YOU.

however I will take this opportunity to remind you that consistently belitling people and goading them is also a bannable offence. I have let it slide with you up to now, but I HAz De Powaah now so play nice

• Advertisement

You noticed that the person I banned was banned for abusing YOU.

How would I notice that? And said person did threat me and use personal abuse.
    however I will take this opportunity to remind you that consistently belitling people and goading them is also a bannable offence.

Please

A) Point out on the forum/board charter where either is a bannable offense.

B) Show examples of where I've done the above.
    I have let it slide with you up to now,

Er you weren't a mod, you didn't let it slide, you had no choice in the matter.
    but I HAz De Powaah now so play nice

More like I'm drunk on "de Powaah".

We have two new mods, one's quietly just taken up the job with minimum fuss the other is shouting around about how he's going to ban people.

Perhaps an AV change is in order?

I humbly suggest

cart.jpg

And no Mahatma it isn't a compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Diogenes wrote: »
    A) Point out on the forum/board charter where either is a bannable offense.
    If it is disrupting the forum then it is a bannable offense.

Come on Diogenese, new mods, new start, fresh outlook on things. Can we at least give each other a bit of leeway to find our feet with the new changes that are upon us?

How about this - start afresh, from now, as if previous altercations haven't happened and now we are on a new forum for the first time?

Feel the love etc..
    xx

Gordon wrote: »
    If it is disrupting the forum then it is a bannable offense.

Come on Diogenese, new mods, new start, fresh outlook on things. Can we at least give each other a bit of leeway to find our feet with the new changes that are upon us?

How about this - start afresh, from now, as if previous altercations haven't happened and now we are on a new forum for the first time?

Feel the love etc..
    xx

Fair enough, I just think a Mod running around giggling about how he now can ban people, and threatening bannings for actions that aren't against the either the forum charter or the overall terms of service of boards.ie should be challenged.

I've always for example appreciated how so many of the mods here understand that they need to hold themselves to a higher standard the other posters on the forum. I think a newly appointed mod, shouldn't be gleefully excited at the possibility of banning users, and shouldn't be threatening to ban users before they seem to understand the role of the mod, and the concept of the charter.

Now I don't know about things like the Mod forums (mentioned in this post), but I've never seen a newly appointed mod on this or any other forum shout "I can haz ban hammer" or claim that he would ban a poster (me) "as soon as he (mahatma) could figure out how" for something that isn't a breach of this forum's rules.

In short, I'm being publicly dressed down here, I'd like to know that Mahatma is also getting the same treatment.

I have no power here.

Charter wrote:
    Update:
    Personal Abuse
    Posters who abuse others on here will be banned. Permanent bans will be handed out on a first offence if a moderator feels it is warranted. There is no argument on this one. Calling someone an idiot is abuse and while may not warrant a ban consitent use of the word will. Don't attack the poster, attack the post.

see that bit, thats the bit in the Charter which I'm talkin about WRT your behaviour

see that bit, thats the bit in the Charter which I'm talkin about WRT your behaviour

I've never called someone an idiot. I've called an argument someone presents "idiotic". There is a very important difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Hosted forums don't form part of the core site. They've been made available to various groups, such as IrelandOffline, as a courtesy. The broad idea is that they provide a special interest group with a bulletin board so that they don't have to build one themselves. I reckon it should be moved to a main category. Which one, though? It has to be either Rec or Soc. Soc seems more appropriate, but that would piss Casey off, as I generally cat-ban him from Soc within a few hours of him re-registering.

Thanks for the reply. Still a bit lost as to why our beloved CT forum is in hosted though tbh. I'd rather see it in soc myself.

Advertisement