Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25% 0ff Computers, Software, Printers & Acc. Tescos

Options
  • 12-11-2008 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

Half page ad in my local paper (Westhmeath Examiner) today, no sign of it on Tesco website.

25% off* Computers, Software, Printers and Accessories.

The small print* Reductions will be made on your till reciept. Offer valid from Thursday 13th. to Sunday 16th November 2008. Offer excludes computer/printing paper. Subject to availability, while stocks last. available in larger Tesco stores. Applies ROI.

So this is money off guys & gals, not clubcard points back.

Get in there today and ask customer service to put one by until tomorrow as you forgot your laser card!;)

Last time I looked my branch had a range of Acers from €399 to €799.

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just seen the leaflet. I am thinking about getting a laptop for general internet browsing / listening to music etc. Nothing to demanding. They have an acer aspire 5315 for €375

Processor (CPU): Intel Celeron-M 530 1.73GHz
    Memory (RAM): 1GB DDR2 533MHz
    Hard Drive: 80GB Serial ATA 5400rpm
    Screen: 15.4" Widescreen TFT (1280x800)
    Optical Drive: DVD±RW Super Multi Double Layer
    Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
    Wireless Networking: 802.11b/g
    Wired Networking: Fast Ethernet
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Basic
    USB Ports: 3 x Hi-Speed USB
    Camera: Yes
    Battery Life (Depending on Use): 2 Hours
    Weight: 2.8 Kg
    Warranty: 1 Year

Is this a good deal. As I said, it will only be used for browsing internet and playing cds/dvds. Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 cullig_jp

I know they had an offer like that a few weeks back. Are you sure its this thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I just popped in to my local branch and the range of computers is pretty dismal :rolleyes: the only one I'd have any interest in is a 12.1" Acer 2920 but it's €799 so will be €599 tomoorow, however laptopsdirect have it priced at €487.85 + del. but have no stock....

They did have a pallet load of the €25 HP printers mentioned on another thread ready to be put on display, so I guess these will be €18.75 tomorrow!

invest4deepvalue.com

cullig_jp wrote: »
    I know they had an offer like that a few weeks back. Are you sure its this thursday?

Unless there are 2 Thursday November the 13th's this year then it's definitely tomorrow! :rolleyes:

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I would def be interested in getting the cheaper of the Acer laptops for my son. Anyone have any idea which Tesco in the cork area would be the best for getting what I want? So the acer for 375 should cost me 281.25 tomorrow.

Please can some-one let me know where they have these currently in stock in cork.(or any sub €400 ones) It would be very much appreciated. Am willing to leave very early in the morning as little man wants one from santy. Thanks in Advance, I know you Cork boardsies won't let me down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

lindtee wrote: »
    I would def be interested in getting the cheaper of the Acer laptops for my son. Anyone have any idea which Tesco in the cork area would be the best for getting what I want? So the acer for 375 should cost me 281.25 tomorrow.

Please can some-one let me know where they have these currently in stock in cork.(or any sub €400 ones) It would be very much appreciated. Am willing to leave very early in the morning as little man wants one from santy. Thanks in Advance, I know you Cork boardsies won't let me down.

I think the saving brings it down to 375. I dont think it is 25% off 375 but 499. If it was then that would be even better. Where would be the best bet in north dublin to get one. Was in tesco finglas last week and they had no computers. :confused:

Also looking at that laptopsdirect website. Has anyone ever used them before? Are they ok?

Slunk wrote: »
    I think the saving brings it down to 375. I dont think it is 25% off 375 but 499. If it was then that would be even better. Where would be the best bet in north dublin to get one. Was in tesco finglas last week and they had no computers. :confused:

Also looking at that laptopsdirect website. Has anyone ever used them before? Are they ok?

I do recall on previous searches for laptops that they had an acer model for approx 379(think I saw them in both Mahon & Midleton(cork) a month or so back) I am hoping that one may be stock with the reduction on top of that. i currently have an acer and wouldn't pay more than 300 for a second one.

Re laptopsdirect, we(thats me and brother jaytee) ordered a couple of sony lcds 32" from them. No problems with them at all.

Can anyone confirm or deny that Tesco have 400euro and below laptops before the discount(poor santy is very stressed)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Best to get Tesco on the blower as these offers tend to go fast, check their site for phone numbers of the different shops.

As regards laptopsdirect, they are fine once nothing goes wrong, check the laptops forum for nighmare stories about them, even the Elara rep on here has called them a shower and hated in the industry IIRC for their antics, something in the range of showing a € price and charging same in £ i think is what was going on.

MC

I'd prefer not to ring tesco! I fear drawing staff's attention to offer, they put things aside for themselves, and thus all the real bargain buys are gone before I get there!...

I am sure that my local Tescos (Mullingar) had an Acer for €399 a few weeks back, but there were none there today.

I normally find the customer service staff very helpful, I'd say your best bet is to take a run around your local branches tonight and if you find one under €400 bring the box to customer service and ask them to put your name on it and go back for it in the morning. They have no reason to refuse you.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote: »
    I am sure that my local Tescos (Mullingar) had an Acer for €399 a few weeks back, but there were none there today.

I normally find the customer service staff very helpful, I'd say your best bet is to take a run around your local branches tonight and if you find one under €400 bring the box to customer service and ask them to put your name on it and go back for it in the morning. They have no reason to refuse you.

Might just try that. And it happens that I am going by 2 tescos on the way home tonight! Would love to get this laptop out of the way, its been doing my head searching and searching for the best deal. Jaysus I'd love not to have to worry about the price of things so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya the last time it was on my sis got a samsung for 450 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

with the vista operating system you really could do with more than 1g of ram , couple of months down the line and laptop will be doing your head in because of sluggishness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Still remember Tesco had half price computer offer in august, Samsung R60p was €299, Acer 5051 was €274.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

25% is better then nowt, expecially just before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Some stores may have the Acer 5220 in stock which is €285 with the 25% off, the Acer 5315 was on offer a few weeks back at €399 but the retail has gone back up to €499 (€375 with 25% off offer till Sunday )

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭antomack

Anyone know if the 25% off applies to monitors as well?

Don't think Tesco do monitors.

They have loads of Laptops & Desktops in Tallaght this morning.
    Today you will get 3 times the Club Points in Tesco Tallaght if you buy anything, special offer exclusive to Tallaght on a Thursday only.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭antomack

They have a Samsung 22" monitor on offer for €299 till 24/11, model T220HD. It's also got a built in TV tuner but Samsung classify it as a monitor so it gets a 3 year warranty. If Tesco's apply the 25% off that'd make €225 for a Full HD TV.
    So suits as Monitor, TV, might even be perfect for your PS3 or XBox360.
    Link to specs

1680 x 1050
    2 x HDMI
    1 x DVI
    1 x VGA
    1 x RGB SCART
    Only 300 brightness
    1,000:1 contrast, 10,000 dynamic
    5ms response
    Supports 1080P (Full HD)

Update
    Decided I'd see for myself so checked in the local Tescos and as they classify it as a TV they are not including it in the 25% off offer. I pointed out that Samsung market it as a computer monitor with built-in TV tuner but they were having none of it, the hardware manager even rang HO to check. If anyone finds out any different let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

Tallaght have no laptops left. There are a few Acer desktops still there. they said they should be getting more in as offer on till Sunday.

• Advertisement

a shower of *****. Went this morning having remembered that there were a few models for 400 or less. ALL the prices of the laptops have gone up, even with the 25% off you'd do better else where. Even with the discount the laptop I currently have would be €50 more than I paid over 6 months ago

I'm really sick of that place, putting up the prices of everything(I won't bore you with a verrryyy long list) for no reason. At least I had €15 euro of vouchers to put towards my shopping, which was spent wisely on all the half price meat offers plus a box of chocolates. **** you tesco, will not be darkening your doors again.

putting up the prices of everything

Funny you say that as their recent 25% back Wine Promotion, I had noticed
    they had got rid of nearly all their offers from the previous day and put them back up to full price. The offers then reverted back after the 25% back had finished. :mad:

Same with the HP printer that was @ €25 in the other thread. Now it's priced at €59.99 so it's €45 after the 25% off. What a scam!:mad:

invest4deepvalue.com

They must think the Irish are idiots and won't notice this sort of carry on...well I'm voting with my feet and aint going there anymore. Rip off Republic? Damn right. Thinking of emailing Joe Duffy about this. Things(including everyday food stuff) going up 20% to 30% aint on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I notice the offer also applies to all printer ink cartridges, they have cheaper own brand ones too. So there might be worthwhile savings to be made there.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Funny you say that as their recent 25% back Wine Promotion, I had noticed
    they had got rid of nearly all their offers from the previous day and put them back up to full price. The offers then reverted back after the 25% back had finished. :mad:

25%, I saw a wine I wanted to buy go from €10 up to €17 for the Sale.

I turned around & walked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Do-more wrote: »
    Same with the HP printer that was @ €25 in the other thread. Now it's priced at €59.99 so it's €45 after the 25% off. What a scam!:mad:

Are you sure it's the same printer? The one I saw for €59.99 was a 4280 whereas the one in the other thread was a 4480.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Oracle wrote: »
    I notice the offer also applies to all printer ink cartridges, they have cheaper own brand ones too. So there might be worthwhile savings to be made there.

Ta muchly, had to go grab some printer cartridges tomorrow so this'll come in handy. I assume it's on till Sunday midnight

bmaxi wrote: »
    Are you sure it's the same printer? The one I saw for €59.99 was a 4280 whereas the one in the other thread was a 4480.

Blame it on my poor eye-sight! :o

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

anyone miss out on the laptops offer, i got some but i dont need them now just thought i'd check before i return them, is anyone looking for some.

They are the pentium dual core, 2gb, cost 449.00 after discount

Advertisement