Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mega Drive Portable Video Games Player - €22.49 [Argos]

Options
  • 09-11-2008 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭

Fecking bargain.. was tempted to get one of these when they first came out but now that they're just €22, I've already reserved mine! :)

386-3900963SPA70UC512336X.jpg
    View details & reserve here!
    * Mega drive portable video game player with 20 16-bit sega games.
    * Requires 3 x AAA batteries (not included).
    * For ages 5 years and over.
    And for those who don't know.. the games included are:
    • Alex Kid
    • Alien Storm
    • Altered Beast
    • Arrow Flash
    • Columns III
    • Crack Down
    • Decap Attack
    • Dr. Robotnik
    • E SWAT
    • Ecco
    • Ecco Jr
    • Shinobi II
    • Flicky
    • Gain Ground
    • Golden Axe
    • Jewel Master
    • Kidd Chameleon
    • Ristar
    • Shadow Dancer
    • Sonic & Knuckles

Can I get a ... HELL YES!!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Haha, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

OOOOO so tempted but i have a felling i wont use it as i have all the mega drive games on my psp should i buy it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Meh. The PSP/PS2 collection has a better line-up as well as a bunch of interviews and unlockables. You could get it for less than 10 euro new if you looked around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Great stocking filler for Xmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

where can you get these mega drive games on the ps3? is it a downloadable emulator or something? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Syferus wrote: »
    Meh. The PSP/PS2 collection has a better line-up as well as a bunch of interviews and unlockables. You could get it for less than 10 euro new if you looked around.

Prob a sily Q, but do you need a PSP to get the PSP collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Prob a sily Q, but do you need a PSP to get the PSP collection?
    Of course. The point also remains that the actual collection of games on the standalone is poor compared to the PSP/PS2 collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

Ah that's crap there's no two-player. And no streets of rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I bought one of these a few months ago and they are very poor,crappy screen stupid buttons and you have to screw the back from it to replace the batteries I would avoid even at this lower price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

0utpost31 wrote: »
    Ah that's crap there's no two-player. And no streets of rage.

Exactly, there's no Streets of Rage, or Shinobi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

eire1 wrote: »

Shinobi II is listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Nice one,E SWAT oh the memories of firing in 10p's in the arcade playing that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No Streets of Rage....take it back....TAKE IT ALL BACK :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Not likely to get a PSP or PS2 for 12.49 though. This is good for what it is, and would be awesome if someone figured out a way to add external memory to it for more games ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody know if they are selling the Black or White coloured finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

...but you need to have a PSP/PS2 for that! For less than €25, this is a great deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

OOOOO so tempted but i have a felling i wont use it as i have all the mega drive games on my psp should i buy it :confused:
    same here. Ill stick with psp. Good deal for people without psp though.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Its a shame they don't offer the ability to buy additional compilation carts to add to the selection your given. Nothing really in that selection appeals to me. Good price though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Thanks, might get it for the 5 year old as a 1st handheld for Christmas. I don't know any of the games as I had a nintendo rather than a sega back in the day. hopefully there are a few platform games in the bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

eire1 wrote: »

Original arcade shinobi was never released on it. It has shinobi 2 and shadow dancer, but neither are a patch on the original.

It says ages 5+, perhaps some games, like streets of rage are not suitable. And they knew what market to go for. Like the previous guy said, good for kids first console. They might easily break handhelds, and will not really appreciate a better unit much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Reserved.

In these times of recession ya can't be affording an xbox or a ps3. The MegaDrive will be King again!!

gaypile.jpg
    Reserved.

In these times of recession ya can't be affording an xbox or a ps3. The MegaDrive will be King again!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I'm half tempted to get one of these.

The Megadrive was my first console so there's a huge nostalgia factor there.

List of games is only so so though.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

basquille wrote: »

Kristen Reed is the most honest reviewer @ Eurogamer.

He mentioned that it has a TV port in the review, does anyone if the correct lead to hook it to the telly comes with the handheld?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

No Streets of Rage

no point!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    gaypile.jpg

Nice! But what's with the combats behind the Mega-Mega Drive?

Ok, I got my GF to grab me one of these today.

For under 25€ it's ok,

The build quality is poor 2/10, there is a half line of light coming though about 2mm above the LCD screen.
    The sound level is only a 3/10 and it makes a weird wining sound when paused.
    But all in all for the price not to bad, played it for about 15-20min {Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic spinball and Mean Bean. The games seem to run at full speed with no jerking and refresh issue.

Edit:

For whoever asked about the AV out, it comes with a 3.5mm to two phono and a cheap ass phono to scart adpt, I can not checked the quality yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

JDxtra wrote: »
    Nice! But what's with the combats behind the Mega-Mega Drive?

Its a person standing behind it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

What the hell are all those things stuck in the sega?

Advertisement