Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The dream is alive, I can run up the hills every night..."

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

3 miles in around 27 minutes. Again with the "going out slightly faster than intended" :pac:

5 miles tomorrow. Might need a little more to compensate for Easter eggs!

Wrong time of day, starting too fast and not enough water beforehand. Recipe for a crap run. 5 miles in 50.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭excitementcity

hey rainbow. Congrats on the GIR run time. You are flying it with all your goals and you have done great since your great St Patricks run 5k! You must be thrilled. Think I might attempt an ol 10k myself soon...best of luck in the cork marathon relay. did it myself last year and it was such good fun.:D

3 rather easy miles in just over 30 minutes on a really nice evening for running.

I've decided I really like April weather for running when it's not raining. :)

My plan called for a 30 minute tempo tonight - I did 1 mile @ 10.30/mile + 3 @ 9.30/mile. Felt pretty damn good, but I've stiffened up a bit by watching the last 20 minutes of
    Man U qualifying for the semi-finals of the Champions League

• Advertisement

3 easy miles tonight. Had a good fill of steak afterwards, this makes kirby a happy kirby. :D

Went for a swim this morning, 1,350m in the pool. I've been sneezing since I got out of the water though!

*bounce*

:D 10k training run in 58 minutes and it felt COMFORTABLE :D

Starting to feel a little happier about the idea of all things longer, because I've still got quite a bit of energy now, and I ran the last mile of that in 9 minutes dead.

3 miles in 26.42 (8.54/mile pace). Seriously, when did I suddenly become comfortable with going faster?

*ponders*

4 miles in 38 minutes (9.30/mile pace). Went the opposite way around my normal 4 mile loop, that meant that the entire second mile was one long uphill drag.

Think I'll hit the pool tomorrow evening, have ran the last 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Wow, you are flying it!!
    Fit as a fiddle I tell ya!! :D

No running today, but 1,500m in the pool.

Unfortunately my hair really doesn't like chlorine, and is now sticking up like crazy.

4 miles in just under 37 minutes (9.10/mile pace).

Had to do some dog-dodging on the M50 bridge, some stupid bints decided to clog up virtually the entire footpath with their dogs and pretty much expected me to almost get hit by a bus to get around them. *sigh*

Tempted to head to the shops now, and have an evening in with Ben, Jerry and Mamma Mia :)

7 miles today in just over 71 minutes (10.18/mile pace). Felt quite comfortable until just after the 10k mark, that bloody M50 bridge that's about 1km from my house really destroys the legs at that stage of the run... :rolleyes:

Just to show how training's going at week 3 of the 12 weeks of this program:

Kirby's running month, Google Docs style

I've made a couple of changes to the program so far based on advice I've received here and on the LJ Runners community, but I'm a bloody awful slacker about speedwork. That'll have to change though, no more lazy kirby! I'll have to squeeze in one of Woddle's sessions this week.

Swam 1,500m today. Got stuck in a lane with one of the most arm-flailing swimmers ever, got whacked 3 times (twice on the arm and once over the head).
    Down with that sort of thing. :pac:

Now to have my nose drip for the rest of the night because Terenure College likes to seriously overchlorinate the pool...

4 miles today, fairly slow (10.00/mile). I've had a brutal headache for most of the day, and I almost didn't go for my run today because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

hope you feel better soon:pac:

Tried to give one of Woddle's speed sessions a go today (the 5x600 @ 5k race pace, 400m recovery one). Unfortunately due to weather and location I was stuck on the treadmill. I don't like treadmills, or Crunch Fitness in general much at all. Started out at 9kph for 800m to warm up, got 2 reps at 11.5kph for the 600 and 9kph for recovery, but started feeling really dizzy and uncomfortable midway through the third rep. In a move I may later regret, I finished out the run to 5k. I've felt absolutely drained since then, in an "I reckon I'm going to be sick this weekend" sort of way. :(:mad:

3 slow miles along the Dodder today (10.00/mile pace). Felt very tired, definitely thing I'm getting something. Stupid runner's OCD pushing me out the door today because I needed 1 mile today to have had a better April than March...

7 miles in just under 1 hr 12 mins (10.18/mile). Felt much more comfortable with the distance this week than I did last week, and that I could have gone further at the end of it. 8 miles next weekend... it'll be the longest distance I've ever run. Unknown territory :D

Decided to try and get myself used to drinking on the run too, so I bought a bottle of Centra own-brand crappy sports drink at the half-way mark today. Probably should have just got water, because I was only able to drink about 100-150ml of it while running. Of course, now that I'm home, it's gone :p

• Advertisement

4 miles this evening, untimed. Just badly needed to get away from my thesis for a bit, I feel better now.

Owned by thesis, I haven't run since Tuesday. Should I jump straight back into the schedule (which is for 3 miles today and 8 miles tomorrow), or take it a little easier and cut tomorrow's long run slightly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

Owned by thesis, I haven't run since Tuesday. Should I jump straight back into the schedule (which is for 3 miles today and 8 miles tomorrow), or take it a little easier and cut tomorrow's long run slightly?
    Personally I'd say stick with the schedule, but don't try to make up for what you missed. 3 miles today won't stress you too hard and take the 8 very easy. A couple of days rest won't harm your conditioning and may help in the short term as you may be fresher for the long run than if you'd had a few sessions this week.

3 miles this evening, in around 30 minutes. (10.00/mile)
    Took it nice and handy, on a beautiful evening for running :)

Longest run ever - 8 miles in 1 hour 23 minutes (10.18/mile). :D

Felt wrecked after 6 miles, but just kept going and didn't get killed by the M50 bridge or stupid old lady drivers. Win - and now I've earned the right to eat ice-cream while I watch ER.

4 miles this evening in around 40 minutes (10.00/mile). Felt tired for quite a decent chunk of the run, but I got to laugh at some guy trying to put up Fianna Fail election posters and failing miserably because of the wind.

What a horrible, horrible week for training. Was so drained from trying to sort out my presentation for my final year project that I didn't run for most of the week. *sigh*

Finally got out again today though, 5 miles @ 10.24/mile pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Hi RK just wondering whether you sorted your accomadation out, I'm assuming yoink means your taking the extra space in my car :D, we're going down on the Sunday

Yeah, that's exactly what that *yoink* means. I haven't sorted accomodation yet though I might be able to get some couch space from friends down there.

• Advertisement

GOD DAMN WEATHER. I haven't been able to get a 90 minute rain-free (or rain-light) block in the last 2 days for my long run. Went out this evening with the intention of doing 8 miles, ended up taking the Dublin Bus way out after 3 miles because I hate being drowned by rain SO much. So now I've all this energy with nowhere to divert it...

*sigh*

Advertisement