Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit me & drove off - advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Yeah I see.

So if taxi driver is doing anything but going home after work they've the right to be in the bus lane.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

72hundred wrote: »
    Yeah I see.

So if taxi driver is doing anything but going home after work they've the right to be in the bus lane.

That's my reading of it, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Well at least motor bikes aren't allowed in bus lanes!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Read first page of this post. Report to the Gardai (as you have done) and Taxi regulator / carriage office. Sounds like pretty poor driving. Good luck and keep safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Query now wrote: »

I am looking for advice on what to do after being hit by a taxi on tonight, first of all I am not injured & my bikeonly has a little damage.

Just make sure you actually are ok. I had a run in with a car in rathmines 2 weeks ago on a friday evening. He just pulled into the cycle lane from stationary traffic and didn't check his mirror. I didnt even come off the bike but my handlebar hit his door and gave me a bit of a jolt (and him a bit of a dent). Had the usual shouting match and continued on, didnt even take his reg because it didnt seem like that big a deal.

Next night I started getting pains in my ribs, and the following day could hardly move. (couldnt sleep, which equals yawning, which hurts the ribs, catch 22 kinda thing). Anyway, went to the doctor and had to be put on some serious painkillers for rib cartilage injury, apparently it stems from a jolt or sudden upper body twist, and can take up to 3 days to show up, and it meant off the bike for a week. Considering you came off the bike only last night, I'd wait to make sure nothing shows up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement