Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the worst car you've ever driven?

Options
  • 04-11-2008 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭

Would be interested in people's opinions as to what the worst car you've ever driven is? (N.B applies only to cars you've actually driven, not just copying Clarkson's opinion!:))

For me it would have to be a 06 Nissan Micra I had for a week while my own steed was in the garage. God how I hated it. There wasn't one thing I didn't hate about it. The engine was like a sewing machine, the gearbox was a pig but the steering was worst of all. It was so light, had no weight or feel at all. The interior was a joke, the cheapest of plastics used everywhere and the seats were like bar stools. I called it the Fisher Price car, I think it's a pretty fitting name.

A close second would be a 04 Jaguar S Type, the V6, I drove for a few hours. Big, wallowy, slow, horribly light steering for such a big car and horrible auto box. Didn't like it at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

Mitsubishi Pajero. VW gave me a lend of it whilst my Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI was in for a service. It was a death trap in the rain. I lost control and hit the ditch and was only going 30 YES 30 MPH! DEATH TRAP. The 2.5 touareg is fairly under-powered

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I had a Toyota Auris for the day yesterday, a thoroughly unlikeable little car. I could hardly say it's the worst car ever, but it p1ssed me off more than I have been in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

01 Isuzu trooper SWB Commercial. It had big boy off road tyres when I was working on the new roads. The airbag steering had been replaced with a 3 point wheel because the amount of **** the jeep took it kept bursting. I hated driving this on the back roads. Very unsteady and those tyres were insane let alone the danger of no airbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Sorry lads.... Hyundai Accent takes this one. The worst car ever made. The shiny black plastic dash does it for me... Theres a nice bit of a roar off it when you put the boot down, kinda reminded me of a washin machine we once had...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

I drove a Volvo 340 diesel once , it was so slow it was painful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,409 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

For me it would have to be the Suzuki Jimny, it was only a few days old, but it was such a dog on the road, which to be fair is where these mostly get driven.
    Throw in the 80's style dash, the horrible whine from the engine, and the constant nagging voice in the back of your head reminding you that any impact, no matter how minor will probably kill you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

1994 Renault Clio, clutch was really weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

Vectra !

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

the new opel corsa, what a piece of crap...3rd gear doesn't exist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Matiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I rented a Ford Fusion 1.4 TDCi in Italy this year. Each morning I woke up hoping it would be stolen or burned out. It wasn't too bad on the autostrada, but was cringingly painful in its vain attempt to negotiate even the most modest of hills, and we spend most of our time in the mountains on twisty roads, being overtaken on blind bends by irate Italian grannies as we screamed "Go on car! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!" at 5 km/h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Chrysler Neon probably worst, Rover 75 also horrible. Plenty of mediocre things but those two stood out as being horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

citreon berlingo
    Last generation corolla (to quantify that the yaris of the same era was one of the most surprising cars ive driven)
    Rover 25
    daewoo matiz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Kia Picanto, absolutely horrible thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

97 renault clio. Brakes were, well... weak, lets leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Old ford fiesta, was a piece of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

New Fiat Punto - worst car i've -EVER- driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Nissan Tiida, felt like it was made of tin. Such a cheap nasty car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

opel frontera

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭maidhc

Fiat Seicento.

Nothing much wrong with it, but utterly terrifying at 90mph on a Motorway in spain with 3 lads.

It was fine for pottering aroung though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Flyer1 wrote: »
    New Fiat Punto - worst car i've -EVER- driven.

Either you're used to cars in segments way above that class of car or you don't have a clue. The Grande Punto is one of the better cars in it's class to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Hired a Vectra two years ago...good god what a pile, it was like driving a sponge cake...
    I asked for my money back...needless to say Enterprise didn't oblige...
    Next time I'll walk....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm embarrassed to say that I've even driven one, but the Lada Riva* is by far the worst thing I've ever driven.

*Please note, I was test driving it after repair - I didn't own it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

fiat uno. many many many faults

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

^^^ Lol! I didn't know lads made it across the water!

The worst thing i've ever driven was a 2.0 petrol Mitsubishi Space runner. Ugliest most horrible, horrilbe car... Just a horrible car... Three doors as well? WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Suzuki Ignis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

renault clio and an opel corsa horrible cars to drive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Daewoo Matiz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭(CH3)2CHOH

Mini Metro has to be the worst I've driven.

But the worst I was in was a freinds Moscowvitch(sp), talk about a death trap, he paid £20 for it and was ripped off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Biro, they're just crap cars.

Advertisement