Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting ps3 through vodafone 3g broadband

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

ada4347 wrote: »
    does dat work on a vodafone modem

Id say so ,it sets your laptop up as a wifi router so the ps3 sees it and connects like a router.Try it its only 3/4 mb in size to download.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

anyone know what the latencies for these 3g modems are ? and if so are they acceptable for online gaming? COD MW2 , fifa , gt5 prologue etc?
    thanks in advance
    :)

LakesKeane wrote: »
    anyone know what the latencies for these 3g modems are ? and if so are they acceptable for online gaming? COD MW2 , fifa , gt5 prologue etc?
    thanks in advance
    :)

Hi im bouncing around 150m/s it takes a while to get in to a game (modern warfare 2) but once in its all good:D

Sweet. think it always takes a while to get into a game in mw2. i was on 20meg package with upc there a while ago with 20-30 ms latency so i dont think the 3g modem is the problem! Im delighted to hear that u can play online with it. Ive a clear line of sight to the mast so it should be gud. !

• Advertisement

Sweet. think it always takes a while to get into a game in mw2. i was on 20meg package with upc there a while ago with 20-30 ms latency so i dont think the 3g modem is the problem! Im delighted to hear that u can play online with it. Ive a clear line of sight to the mast so it should be gud. !

Yeah its deadly ive a ps3 years and only got online a month ago with modern warfare 2 .Ive a clear line of site and i have between 3.5 and 4mb download speed which is great plus im in d country so there is very few hopping off the mast.Playing mw2 flat out now trying to catch up on it all.:D:D

noice one. I live in the sticks myself. got upc in galway there for a while when i was goin to college but back home again now . Only option where i live is mobile broadband. Another question - Do u ever go over your download limit playing online? and how much data does it actually use up ? :)

noice one. I live in the sticks myself. got upc in galway there for a while when i was goin to college but back home again now . Only option where i live is mobile broadband. Another question - Do u ever go over your download limit playing online? and how much data does it actually use up ? :)

I only went over my 15g/b limit downloading torrents ,it uses about 20 to 50 m/b a session/day for the gaming so no worries there.:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

How the hell have I not seen this thread before?!?

I'm trying this the second I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Struggling with o2 broadband, can't find an ip address. Can someone help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

eddhorse wrote: »

i tried this and everytime i tryconnecting the pse it says "the attempt to obtain an IP address timed out" what do i do

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Struggling with o2 broadband, can't find an ip address. Can someone help?
    i tried this and everytime i tryconnecting the pse it says "the attempt to obtain an IP address timed out" what do i do

Instead of automatically obtaining your IP adress on the ps3 enter it yourself manually.

You'll find it at whatsmyip.org.

If I have more time at weekend I can give more help. The same thing was happening to me before when I was using 3 mobile broadband..

Advertisement