Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Spin Saturday November 1st

Options
  • 31-10-2008 3:04pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone interested? 9am in Dundrum, under the Luas bridge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

El Tonto,
    I am not sure yet.
    PM me your mobile number and I'll text you later when I know for sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'm in

...no wait, I'm not... I'm in Madrid... sorry -maybe an early Sunday spin? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm in

I'm out for Sat, but I'd be on for a Sunday one.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm in

Lucky devil. Mrs Tonto is there at the moment. I've got to wait till Christmas.
    Raam wrote: »
    I'm out for Sat, but I'd be on for a Sunday one.

I'm going out with Orwell on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I will be there if the Physio lets me ... I will know that in an hour ( please let me, please please please )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

me in on my new beast
    too hungover on sunday :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

kenmc wrote: »
    me in on my new beast
    too hungover on sunday :(

Given it a go yet? And are we ever going to see you on the Orwell spins?

not really and yes

el tonto wrote: »
    Lucky devil. Mrs Tonto is there at the moment. I've got to wait till Christmas.

You should give me her number :)

Unfortunately, it's only a 2 day, work trip and not a fun one, otherwise I'd be enjoying it rather more.... What time's the Orwell spin on Sunday, and are fat beginners allowed?

Unfortunately, it's only a 2 day, work trip and not a fun one, otherwise I'd be enjoying it rather more....

Best bars are in Lavapies and Malasaña. You don't need to sleep.
    What time's the Orwell spin on Sunday...

9:30 sharp from Joe Dalys (and they do leave on the button, as blorg has found out).
    and are fat beginners allowed?

They let me in, didn't they? Seriously though, if you're coming along, go for the intermediate spin as the beginners group is very easy going. I'll join you on the intermediate one if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

What time's the Orwell spin on Sunday, and are fat beginners allowed?

Well, they let me ride with them!:D

930 from Joe Daly's.

Seriously though, you'd be very advanced in comparison to most of the beginners. For instance, I'm pretty sure none of them have been up the Alpe d'Huez/ Glandon / Col de telegraphe etc etc. Nor would they be veterans of W200, ROK, Sean Kelly or any of the marathon Boards spins the like of which you have been doing this year.

You might consider the step-up group? el tonto would be a better source of advice on this than me (and he beat me to it!)

Enjoy Madrid!

where's the intermediate go from this week, on the offchance i'm not hangin on sunday morning. but i'd say it's a slim chance, unless I manage to stay up all night, in which case I should be sent straight home again if I do turn up, for the safety of the group :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

9am eh? I'll try to make it but don't wait for me :D Any plan for a route?

Best bars are in Lavapies and Malasaña. You don't need to sleep.

Lava Pies eh, sounds hot! :)

9:30 sharp from Joe Dalys (and they do leave on the button, as blorg has found out).

Well, I'll head for that then -have to be home before 1, but should be ok... just hope I can look behind me more comfortably by Sunday!
    They let me in, didn't they? Seriously though, if you're coming along, go for the intermediate spin as the beginners group is very easy going. I'll join you on the intermediate one if you're interested.

See you at the intermediate group then -that's still 9.30 from Joey D's?

Are helmets mandatory?

blorg wrote: »
    Somewhere warm! How about up to Foxes, couple of scoops by the fire and back home :pac: ?

where's the intermediate go from this week...

Beginners and intermediate groups always leave from Joe Dalys. It's only the fast group that alternates between there and the Popes Cross
    blorg wrote: »

Well you've got my number now in case you're late. No plans for a route yet. Was thinking of just deciding when we all get there.
    Lava Pies eh, sounds hot! :)

Don't pronounce it like that or the locals won't have a clue what your talking about. Laba-pe-ez is more like it.
    Well, I'll head for that then -have to be home before 1, but should be ok... just hope I can look behind me more comfortably by Sunday!

I've never been home later than 1 with this crowd.
    Are helmets mandatory?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Half of Boards must be in Orwell now.

Raam wrote: »
    Half of Boards must be in Orwell now.

Between those already in and those threatening to join, there's a sizeable contingent alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Hi folks. Would love to make a Saturday spin but can't.
    I know a lot of people here are on the Orwell spins, but if anyone wants a Sunday spin other than than, I would be interested. (I need to try out my new Assos gear).
    Anyway, my plan is Park - Clane - Naas - Blessington - Lap of Poluaphoca Resevoir - Home via Saggart and Lucan. Enjoy the Saturday spin. Someday I will make one.

I am in!!! I am in!!!! physio Fixed me and said ' Sure go for a cycle tomorrow' ! I love my new Physio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

Somewhere warm! How about up to Foxes, couple of scoops by the fire and back home :pac: ?

beware of sally gap ..
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/1030/1225303611981.html?via=mr

barrabus wrote: »
    Oh No!! My Favourite Gap!! Dammit! ( yes the Cycling God did answer my prayers )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm in for tomorrow.

might give orwell a go too - we'll see. you guys know el_tonto is only recruiting for orwell so he can trick us into being his lead-out team for next year's races right? :rolleyes:

Saw that alright. I'll put the chains on my tyres. Seriously though, no matter what time of the year, some of those buses are way too big for those roads. Remember one Saturday last year one of them got stuck on the Glencree side of the Sally Gap. Weirdest place in the world to see a traffic jam.

niceonetom wrote: »
    you guys know el_tonto is only recruiting for orwell so he can trick us into being his lead-out team for next year's races right? :rolleyes:

Busted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Busted.

yeah well the joke's on you mate - if i ever race i'll be off the back within the first 10 minutes so :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It's a lot warmer now than it was on Wednesday, I think we should be OK. There was a bit of snow on the Dublin side of the mountains Wednesday night but I didn't venture any further.

yeah well the joke's on you mate - if i ever race i'll be off the back within the first 10 minutes so :p.

You'll be fine, believe me. In truth though, I suspect Tiny Explosions is a better sprinter than me, so if anyone deserves a leadout its him.

i'm in for tomorrow.

might give orwell a go too - we'll see. you guys know el_tonto is only recruiting for orwell so he can trick us into being his lead-out team for next year's races right? :rolleyes:

I was going to say that we need to be in front of him to be a lead out train... but then he came up with the following:
    You'll be fine, believe me. In truth though, I suspect Tiny Explosions is a better sprinter than me, so if anyone deserves a leadout its him.

So he's forgiven.... I reckon I could possibly out sprint him, but the problem is staying with him until it's time to sprint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

If im not too hungover I shall be there. If you see me, you see me.

Would also like to get out for my first orwell spin on sunday too.

Advertisement