Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you doing?

Options
  • 31-10-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Ok so, after 23 years of living in Dublin, I figure there's absolutely fudge all to do here!! But, I'm putting it out there, what are you doing tomorrow? I'm off, and my Oh is off, which is a rare occassion, so don't really wana waste the day by doing nothing!!

Bitta help here people!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The boards hollow'een beers is tomorrow evening.

Other then that when was the last time you were in any of the musems or art gallerys ?
    http://www.museum.ie/
    http://www.dublin.ie/disp_list.aspx?catid=53

or do one of the many bus tours around the city.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Personally, got stuff on tonight, then probably a lie on tomorrow, go for a walk then a friends birthday.
    Sunday: sure we'll see how it goes.
    Are the Sunday markets on at Farmleigh? even so its a lovely place to walk about http://www.farmleigh.ie/
    Theres a faces of Ireland exhibition on tomorrow
    http://www.indublin.ie/Events/Arts_-_Culture/111191/Faces_of_Ireland_08_Exhibition.aspx
    Theres some stuff on in Hugh lane too
    http://www.hughlane.ie/

Or just head out for a walk along the seafront Northside or Southside.
    Hopefully the weather is just nice and cold this weekend and not wet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

god a lot of things to do,
    musems, galleries, bowling, cinema, visit the zoo, street tours, the collins barracks, walk the canal's, take the dart and ride from bray to howth, some lovely views, paintballing in wicklow, fishing, rock climbing, hire a plane for an hour fly over the city, there is so much to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Gonna go see my mates put on the Rocky Horror show later, follow that up with a club night organised by another mate.

Tomorrow night will be a friends birthday and another club night, so pulling a jesus trick to be in two places at once!!!!

Other than that, sleep, spend time with friends and the better half.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

SarahJ wrote: »
    Ok so, after 23 years of living in Dublin...

Get out of the city. :D

SRSLY, drive to Glendalough and go for a nice walk in the (clean, fresh) Wicklow air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I like all the suggestions, now it's just a case of roping himself in! I went to the zoo last week with friends, was a great day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ok tomorrow:

i'm going to be working on an assignment for college. i've to create a web version of "who wants to be a millionaire".

i've to do some research into my final year project for my college course.

i've to buy super glue for my costume for the boards beers.

i've to go to said beers.

i've to drink a lot :P

if ya wanna get out of dublin go for a picnic out at powerscourt waterfall. it's absolutely wonderful out there, i go there a lot to think and take photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

man i would never waste my day off in a museum or a gallery :P
    go shopping or meet a friend for coffee or have a house party!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Dragan wrote: »
    Gonna go see my mates put on the Rocky Horror show later.

I'm entertaining Dragan tonight in this, by the looks of it. If its the one in the Sugar Club...?

I'm playing Rocky if anyone reads this and is going and wants to say 'hi'.

P.S: Totally not pimping the show. I don't want anyone to go. Then I can just go home with the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Popinjay wrote: »
    I'm entertaining Dragan tonight in this, by the looks of it. If its the one in the Sugar Club...?

I'm playing Rocky if anyone reads this and is going and wants to say 'hi'.

P.S: Totally not pimping the show. I don't want anyone to go. Then I can just go home witht he missus.

Will be going to the Rocky aswell, can't wait! Haven't seen it since the Classic Cinema closed down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Tonight = drinking

Tomorrow= Drinking but in Florida! :D For six weeks! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Buzz Buzz

I'm gonna go see the new Bond movie tomoro afternoon!!! Then after, get a massive bar of Cadbury's and comfort eat because I dont have a body like Daniel Craig.. then feel guilty and hit the gym thinking 'ya I'll defo work off a 1000 calories in the next hour'..!? And all will be right with the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

clicli wrote: »
    Will be going to the Rocky aswell, can't wait! Haven't seen it since the Classic Cinema closed down!

Well I won't be hanging around too late afterwards, I've left the puppy with the housemate and I wanna hang with my missus but come up and say 'hi'.

Unfortunately, the bouncers always make me get dressed once the show is over so I'll be back in civvies pretty quickly.

I happen to like the hotpants but apparently it scares the other guests :o

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Will do, if you are who I think you are, the puppy comment may have given it away! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Tonight: training then chillaxing at home

Tomorrow: training in the morning, then out to the Beers tomorrow night

Sunday: after a lazy morning (my only lie-in of the week) I think a walk up Crone Woods in Wicklow (stuuuuuunning views of the top of Powerscourt waterfall) is in order followed by supper and a hot port to warm up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

College all day Sat and Sun
    Tis the pits - cant even go to boards beers and need the brain cells

booohoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Ahh forgot about the Rocky Horror thing tonight!! I'd love to go to that but I'm working :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Dragan wrote: »
    Gonna go see my mates put on the Rocky Horror show later, follow that up with a club night organised by another mate.

Tomorrow night will be a friends birthday and another club night, so pulling a jesus trick to be in two places at once!!!!

Other than that, sleep, spend time with friends and the better half.

WTF?! Just as I read that post an add for Rocky Horror in the Sugar Club came on :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Hmmm, was home on late flight last night so only had the one to relax and then twas off to bed for manukahoney.

The new man has a wedding today, a very small intimate affair, one of his best friends, and I'm going to the afters.

Have been away all week so cue a mad day of rushing around organising hair, nails,make-up, outfit etc, and trying not to think about how nervous I am about meeting all of his very good friends together, most of them for the very first time...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH:eek::eek::eek:

Sh*tting myself to be honest:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I have this little boat pulling up in to the harbour near my bar
    http://www.ship-technology.com/projects/millennium/

Gonna have a busy Sunday.
    Last boat was full of Germans. Wonder who'll be in tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Piste wrote: »
    WTF?! Just as I read that post an add for Rocky Horror in the Sugar Club came on :eek:

Some kind of mental super power or just pure coincidence?

Stay tuned for more....TALES OF WONDER!:pac:

Advertisement