Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Curious about clampers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Ive heard that if I let the suspension on my c5 all the way down they cant clamp it. anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

When you arrive at a parking spot, are you expected to have change on you? I ask because a few weeks ago I was parked on a cul de sac near the Luas track near the new building on Mary's Abbey where Rhodes D7 is and I had no change. I had to find a Spar and buy something to get change. The process including the walk to and from my car was about 10 minutes and I was bricking it when walking back to the car. Fortunately there was no clamp. Looking at some of the stories here, I can't see them being too altruistic. Do they clamp on first sighting?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

When you arrive at a parking spot, are you expected to have change on you? I ask because a few weeks ago I was parked on a cul de sac near the Luas track near the new building on Mary's Abbey where Rhodes D7 is and I had no change. I had to find a Spar and buy something to get change. The process including the walk to and from my car was about 10 minutes and I was bricking it when walking back to the car. Fortunately there was no clamp. Looking at some of the stories here, I can't see them being too altruistic. Do they clamp on first sighting?
    Afaik, they give 15 minutes to allow you buy a ticket. That's just hearsay though, nothing to back it up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 manmachine

i was clamped last thursday at coolmine train station and suffered the increased agravation of actually having a valid ticket on the car at the time. part of it slipped down under the windscreen rubber and the clampers claimed not to be able to see the date.

Was REALLY annoyed because been operating the system in good faith since its been introduced.

The guy said I can make a claim for a refund but i'm not optimistic. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

manmachine wrote: »
    The guy said I can make a claim for a refund but i'm not optimistic. Any advice?
    Yeah, make a claim.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 manmachine

Suppose i expected no more but the tone of the response was galling. You expect these people to have a handle on customer service/passification. Going to look into the small claims court. Any advice welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Legally speaking if you do manage to get the clamp off your car and drive off are there any repurcutions? do they take down your reg number etc?

you seriously think they just clamp and don't take regs and sh1t?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

stek wrote: »
    the wardens are just as bad! in blackrock village, dublin, i came back on the exact minute of my ticket expiration too find a slimey pin headed creep writing out the ticket. God i was delighted to see the disapointed look on his face.

I would look into that if I were you.
    In Dun Laoghaire, they have to give you 15mins grace AFTER from the time your ticket expires before they ticket you.
    I was told this by a parking warden, and it's written on the Pay and Display machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Hi Irishthump,

Please don't bump old threads, check out the Charter for more guidance.

Start a new thread if you want.

Thanks,

Chris

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement