Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the wire actors did next...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

this may have been previously mentioned but Major Bunny Colvin made an appearance in Prison Break season 3 in that Panaman prison, Soma or something!
    he sported quite the beard:pac:

He's now in the new series of Burn Notice, well the first episode at least.

Also, I only recently found out that Tommy Carcetti is from very near where I'm from in Dublin.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

Just seen last week, Ronnie was in Bones this season, she played a lawyer who tried to kill bones and booth.

She seemed like Ronnie in front of the judge but then she turned out to be this wierdo, she was really good in it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Saw the film "Brooklyn's Finest" last night - there's lots of actors from The Wire in it, including:

* Omar
    * Wee-bey
    * The State Senator (can't remember his name)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

Ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh************tttttttttttt

How can you not remember his name!

Its Clay Davis

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh************tttttttttttt

How can you not remember his name!

Its Clay Davis

That's the chap!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Keema (spelling?) now on The Good Wife, on RTE 2. Very underused in this episode, first thing i've seen her in since Wire time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Keema was in Brothers and Sisters too. Another Wire alumni turned up in the last two episodes of Treme, playing a cop. Cant think of his name in the Wire though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Looks like an unknown number of them are wedding guests in Glin, Co Limerick, because McNulty's getting married today.:D

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/wire-star-swaps-baltimore-beat-for-shannon-wedding-2235949.html?start=3

THE star of US President Barack Obama's favourite TV programme will marry his Irish fiancee in her family's castle today.
    But Dominic West, alias Detective Jimmy McNulty from 'The Wire', does not expect to be mobbed by thousands of screaming fans descending on Glin, Co Limerick, for his wedding to Catherine FitzGerald, daughter of Desmond FitzGerald, the 29th Knight of Glin.
    "I'm really lucky because 'Wire' fans are quite discreet people. I've meet thousands of them over the years and they never make a fuss, which is great," West said.
    Although filming of the ground-breaking drama series ceased two years ago, the 40-year-old said he expected a number of famous faces from the Emmy Award-winning HBO series to attend his nuptials.
    "There are a few people coming over from 'The Wire'. I invited them all -- but most actors, I'm delighted to say, are working which is unusual," he said.
    "Had I married younger, I'm sure they would all have been out of work and able to attend."

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Ya, they were in the pub in Glin last night, few my friends met them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

Bubbles was spotted on Baggot Street last night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Omar aka (Michael Williams :pac:) is playing Atlantic City crime boss Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire. Spotted him briefly in the 1st episode but apparently he comes into it more later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Reg Cathy who played Norman Wilson, the Mayor Carcetti's aide, is a sleazy, Don King style boxing promotor in Lights Out

Decent show, here's a trailer

Not a very good trailer imo but sure give the show a chance

Reg is great in his role, a real sleaze who you'd never trust

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Spiros Vondas Wiki is in an episode of CSI : NY on right now RTE2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Irish man Aidan Gillen (Mayor Carcetti) is in the new Game of Thrones. Can't say if it's a big part or not but going by the ad it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Gillington wrote: »
    Spiros Vondas Wiki is in an episode of CSI : NY on right now RTE2

I always forget he was in Entourage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Herc is starring in Breakout Kings about cons tracking down escaped crims for a reduced sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Skerries wrote: »
    Herc is starring in Breakout Kings about cons tracking down escaped crims for a reduced sentence

A mate of mine was only telling me a bout that show over the weekend. Sounds promising. Herc was also in a few episodes of Entourage actually. His character was a psycho iirc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I saw Jimmy McNultys wife in Analyse That the other night.

Not sure if it was filmed before, during or after the wire but she was looking damn fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

There's a new movie called Super coming out, starring Rainn Wilson, and according to IMDB, bubbles is going to be one of the main parts is it. Also, I was watching an old episode of Boston Legal last night, and one of the main plots in it was that Denny Crane(william Shatner) shoots a homeless man(Michael K Williams) in the head. It was funny watching Captain Kirk and Bubbles fighting.
    There's also a movie called the Siege(1998) and Lance Riddick and Wood Harris(avon barksdale) are in it.

Saw Ziggy in the first episode of the second season of Treme last night (not on broadcast tv).

There are already 2 Wire actors in Treme - Clarke Peters and Wendell Pierce, along with Khandi Alexander who was in The Corner.

• Advertisement

And last night I spotted two more Wire alumni in an episode of Blue Bloods - Roland Presby.... Presbo.. Pryzbylewski and Dectective Sydnor, playing a lawyer and bad guy respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Kima Greggs' partner Cheryl is supporting cast in a new program called Rookie Blues,think it was RTE 2 last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Both Bodie and Nick Sobotka showed up in the same episode of the Good Wife recently (S2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

this may have been previously mentioned but Major Bunny Colvin made an appearance in Prison Break season 3 in that Panaman prison, Soma or something!
    he sported quite the beard:pac:

He showed up in NCIS once as well.

Clarke Peters and Dominic West are appearing in Othello together at the Crucible in Sheffield.

Article from the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13777886

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Doing this thread wrong but :rolleyes: ... funny to watch The Corner after having seen The Wire. Some guys that were so well cast in the Wire playing entirely different characters with the same believability.

Like Carcetti administrative aide Norman Wilson playing a real dope fiend (The guy that thought everything that happened to Carcetti was hilarious)

Watching the show feels like getting a small hit of The Wire :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 James Stern

Dominic West has done a couple of recent things in the UK - he is currently starring in The Hour on the BBC and is also in Butley, a stage play in London - Dominic West - the Hour and Butley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 James Stern

I clearly cant link for toffee - Dominic West has done a couple of recent things in the UK - he is currently starring in The Hour on the BBC and is also in Butley, a stage play in London - http://www.butleylondon.com/cast/cast-member

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Both Cutty and Bunk are in Horrible Bosses, the new Jason Bateman film. Cutty only has a pretty small part, but Bunk's part is big enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

Barrington wrote: »
    Both Cutty and Bunk are in Horrible Bosses, the new Jason Bateman film. Cutty only has a pretty small part, but Bunk's part is big enough.

I thought they were really good in it. Bunk even plays a cop.

Advertisement