Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymun statue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

the slag on the nag of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sazz

hahah here im from ballymun and i dont wear tracksuits or ride horses its a sterotype... i havn heard anythin bout a statue being put up..?? strange hope they dont, that would be horrific!! eeek :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Dragan wrote: »
    Well we have a statue of a prozzie at the bottom of Grafton Street.

Whats your point?

Philo?

GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Monument to the Unknown Father.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

sazz wrote: »
    its a sterotype...

Never:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Mmmm, sexy necrothread.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

is there any pics of it yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

If you see it as a quirky humourous variation on the traditional (military) equestrian statue it's actually not a bad idea.

It fits in nicely with Ireland's traditional iconoclasm and our history of neutrality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

stevoman wrote: »
    So the statue of a girl in a tracksuit astride a horse is going ahead in Ballymun and is to be erected.

I think it won't be complete till they put in the two Gardai on foot tearin after her....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

its a really well made bronze satute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It sounds good to me. Statues can be funny things, people's reactions to them can be pretty unpredictable. What do the people of Ballymun think? Also, shame on those of ye painting everyone in the area (including the girl on the statue) as some sort of subhuman skobes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

This been put up yet? Thread is nearly a year old like............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Late Slip

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

prendy wrote: »
    its supposed to represent where ballymun came from, personally i think it's terrible idea. I mean it's not the best image is it?
    It is. That's the problem.

=-=

I don't see hte point. It'll be nicked whilst it's being unveiled...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That statue will last about ten minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Check out the best statue ever. Ted Bates. They had to take it down, there was uproar from the Southampton fans:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/resources/images/447434/?type=display

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Bambi wrote: »
    Yeah i live in ballymun and its a f***ing joke. wankstain artists always come up with this kind of patronising stereotypical buls**t.."ooh balymun...horses..the urban cowboy..where's my grant?"
    Still if it clebrates scummers making horses lives a misery then it must be a good thing

If this guy suggested a statue a staute for parnell street of two black lads playing basketball he'd a been strung up for perpetuating stereotypes but apprently some tracksuited knackbag on a geegee is okay. Go die in a chip pan fire BRL and take Roddy Doyle with ye :mad:

AND the cnunt who designed the statue is a nordie..what the hell would he know about ballymun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

ah sure it'll bring tourism to the area. like when the commitments came out, all those american toffs going to ballymun to take a trip up and down the lifts in the flats on a horse.

"hey, sheldon, take a foter of me beside the burning skip"
    "jest a seckind marilyn, looky here, some guy bo-lox autographed the wall."

Advertisement