Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parsnip.ie - thoughts please

Options
  • 22-10-2008 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

hi

having scanned a couple of internet dating sites, this one seems a bit better than other ones as it has personality testing and compatibility rating but i'm wondering how useful these tests are really? anyone found out yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

A friend of mine has used it with moderate success. She went on a couple of dates - nothing wildly exciting. I think she just got fed up with it herself but found it ok while she was using it.
    Internet dating will always involve taking a chance. Good luck with it anyway - hope you find your special someone :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I havent gone on a date through pairship but i did fill out all the tests. The reason i didint subscirbe i suppose, was, i was having good craic on another site that was free. They nail you for ..think it was €20 a month on pairship.

POF( pleantyoffish) is free, yes it's complete madness at times but good for a laugh and some people do actually meet partners on there. (Met one guy so far, but didint go anywhere)

I understand pairship has the whole personality test thingy, but when youre filling it out youre constantly getting reminded to put down the first answer that comes to mind..not what you think will be the most popular answer...so i'm wondering how accurate the test is.

I think you find out soon enough, after messaging for a while if youre compatible, sure it's all part of the fun and maybe im just too feckin' mean to tip up the €20 :p.

The good thing however about pairship is the amount of people who use the site are not just there for the craic, i suppose if youre paying.... youre serious, but on a personal like/dislike perspective...i prefer POF.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Free personality test!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO

scientologist dating here we come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Note: This thread is not an open oppertunity to flirt and ask for dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

WindSock wrote: »

but but but...... I haven't even got to use my " how you doinnn;)" line yet on the girls here.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

jsb wrote: »
    but but but...... I haven't even got to use my " how you doinnn;)" line yet on the girls here.
    Youre still using the Joey line? No wonder youre still looking. ;)

€20 a month sounds a lot. Or maybe Im just cheap. I dont put much store on personality tests. People know what to put down to look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭metamorphic

These dating sites remind me of the days of napster and what happened to file sharing. WTF am I on about? ok I'll get to the point.

when you wanted a tune you'd use napster, everyone who wanted a tune was on napster and you had a huge chance of finding what you wanted. With the emergence of other file sharing programs the population got spread across various applications, thereby reducing your chances of find a tune you were looking for.

same thing has happened with online dating. The market has been spread across multiple sites, thus reducing your chances of being on the same site as a person who you maybe 100% compatible with.

it's just a bit of a pain. :) thanks for listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is that the site where you pay money, and they bring you and 5 others out for a meal, so that you can chat casually to the date? May be thinking of another site.

=-=

Oh, and off-topic, but what site do ye girls all join? I ask as a few sites seem to have the 300:1 men:female ratio :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The idea that internet personality and compatibility tests can show that two people would make partners shows a complete misunderstaning of male-female relationships. While it might be ok for general stuff like hobbies, things like how you would react in a certain situation, how sexually forward each person is, description of each person's sense of humour, in practice is no indication of whether two people are right for each other. I would say anyone I've ever dated/gone out with were different from me in many ways.

POF is probably the best one, its free, you can look at each profile and make your mind up pretty quickly whether that person seems interesting instead of worrying about in-depth personality profiles. I only used it when I was abroad duing the summer to try to meet people. Which worked out fine for me. They knew I was only there for a few months so they were up for casual relationships.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

so what you doing later on windsock :D

• Advertisement

Who, me? :o oohh, I'm all ablush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I read the thread title as 'parsnip.ie', and was disappointed.

*Goes off to make such a site*

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Dolorous wrote: »
    I read the thread title as 'parsnip.ie', and was disappointed.

Me too! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

*tries anyway*

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

is that a note to self or to the rest of us??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Who, me? :o oohh, I'm all ablush.

mmmmmm promising.... wasn't shot straight down.....;);)

copacetic wrote: »
    is that a note to self or to the rest of us??

Pre-emptive note for all, including me so...
    robtri wrote: »
    mmmmmm promising.... wasn't shot straight down.....;);)

Don't try and lead me into hypocrisy you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

I don't think anyone should have to pay for dating sites, there's a few free ones out there that are good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

I used that site. found it very average. i had doubts that some people on where fake. I wouldn't recommend it. if you want to spend money and have the nerve , try something like dinetomeet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement