Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this what the Idiot wants us all to Drive

Options
  • 17-10-2008 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Would hate to be involved in an an accident in this yoke !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If I see him out and about in that I'm gonna roll it over!

Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Does he not live in Ireland any more like the rest of us???

If he wants to apologize for his existence, let him.

Like everyone else in this country, I need an intercity car, so I'll drive one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If they want us to go electric I'd be happy to take a grant from them to buy a Tesla!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

cantdecide wrote: »
    Does he not live in Ireland any more like the rest of us???

If he wants to apologize for his existence, let him.

Like everyone else in this country, I need an intercity car, so I'll drive one.

Us culchies don't need intercity cars, by "Country" i'm guessing you mean Dublin/Galway/Cork etc, i'd be all day getting somewhere in that thing.:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thats the Reva.
    Judging by you lot here not one of you would touch one :D:D

So I better not ask the question if anyone would drive one though since Im considering a franchise off them at the minute.

Dont want to be put off :)

Apparently theyre going to be the "next big thing"

At the minute theyre trying to get them exempt from tax,vrt,parking fees in major cities and have free charging points all over the place.

I think theyre an awful looking thing but it could be something commuters would be interested in if they do get the exemptions above.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Thats the Reva.

So I better not ask the question if anyone would drive one though since Im considering a franchise off them at the minute.

At the minute theyre trying to get them exempt from tax,vrt,parking fees in major cities and have free charging points all over the place.

I think theyre an awful looking thing but it could be something commuters would be interested in if they do get the exemptions above.

You would have to be an easily led moron to buy one.

Remember us when you've made your millions:D

MOG7 wrote: »
    Us culchies don't need intercity cars, by "Ciuntry" i'm guessing you mean Dublin/Galway/Cork etc, i'd be all day getting somewhere in that thing.:)

Don't follow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

and crash testing too apparently -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Would hate to be involved in an an accident in this yoke !

Looks like an 'm and m' sweet on wheels, tbh. :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

steve06 wrote: »
    If they want us to go electric I'd be happy to take a grant from them to buy a Tesla!

Here here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If they got all that, and if I needed a city car, i'd have one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

cantdecide wrote: »
    You would have to be an easily led moron to buy one.

Remember us when you've made your millions:D

Thought that would be the opinion alright.

I reckon I could sell loads to hippies and Green party supporters :)

Wouldnt drive one myself though--imagine being in a smack in that thing.It looks like the car from Father Ted in the episode about the raffle after Jack crashed it.Im sure someone will find a pic somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

tis all well and good until one day mr/s greenie decides to head out of the city and has a run in with a range rover and is vaporised!!!

Anan1 wrote: »
    If they got all that, and if I needed a city car, i'd have one.

Heres an example for you.To apply for the franchise I had to do a marketing survey.
    Out of 124 people asked--97 said they`d buy one as a commuter car if they got the exemptions that Ive listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Rumours are that the car companies have been spending billions on designing new electric cars but we have been hearing this since the 80's.

In Paris chargers are located within multistories so you would have to pay to use the car park and pay to use the chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Gimme gimme

FF_162_tesla3_f.jpg

Rumours are that the car companies have been spending billions on designing new electric cars but we have been hearing this since the 80's.

In Paris chargers are located within multistories so you would have to pay to use the car park and pay to use the chargers.

In London parking is free and so is on street charging and theyre exempt from the congestion charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In London parking is free and so is on street charging and theyre exempt from the congestion charge.

Hybrids are exempt from the congestion charge in London so maybe our Governement should encourage us to get Hyrbid cars instead?

Obviously we all cannot afford a hybrid like Lexus SUV or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The Greens make me sick (the party, not the vegetables). I wouldn't buy them purely cos I might turn into one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Id but one to drive from the bedroom to the car cause thats all its good for!!!!!!!!!!! tought this was a motors forum get that c*ap off it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm M3 electric power now thats what im talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Other than probably Ryan or Gormley what sane person would put a child at danger like this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Heres an example for you.To apply for the franchise I had to do a marketing survey.
    Out of 124 people asked--97 said they`d buy one as a commuter car if they got the exemptions that Ive listed.

so, 76% of people you surveyed said they're happy to sacrifice not only their own, but their passengers - and families - lives for. :eek:

That's great, that's just fan-tastic (to quote Derek Mooney).:rolleyes:

So, lets extend this a bit...........why not ask Volkswagen to do away with all the NCAP nonsense in the Golf, as an option ? This way, the weight of the car would be (halved ?), emissions would fall massively (woo-frickin'-hoo :rolleyes:) , the price would come way down, and fuel economy would soar.

And casualties, naturally. But hey, 76% of people surveyed say that's o.k.

What's Gaybo's address again, I'm sure he'd be delighted......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

MOG7 wrote: »
    Us culchies don't need intercity cars, by "Country" i'm guessing you mean Dublin/Galway/Cork etc, i'd be all day getting somewhere in that thing.:)

intercity means between cities i.e. long distance across the country, not driving in cities! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

About 90% of our domestic electricity is generated by burning fossil fuels. Why should owners of these cars get these incentives (including free fuel!) for doing little more than shifting their carbon footprint one step down the supply chain?

I really really hate the green party :mad:! That car is a joke, imagine something as simple as hitting a big puddle of water on a country road that pile of scrap would probably be pulled into the nearest wall its so light! The idea of an electric car is just not the same as a real car even the electric sports cars they will never have the soul or the noise that we get from real cars. It will be a sad sad day if we are reduced to driving around in glorified golf buggies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Am I the only one who's realised that Gormless has parked that thing illegally?

Btw, Tesla may be in a spot of bother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Thats the Reva.

sucker born every day

If you ask 100 people would they buy something chances are to humour the questioner they say yes

12,000 costs nothing to yes to if your not really buying it

When it comes to parting with hard earned cash then they often check the facts

The majority Electric cars that use the lead acid battery are often using the AGM acid glass mat battery which has a average cycle life of 250 cycles

That means maybe 250 full journies which means often less than one year you need to replace battery

When you look the total miles done with the battery and the cost to replace the battery the cost is similar in cents per mile to petrol costs

Then to add insult to injury you still got to add on the few extra cents per mile for the electricity charges from the wall socket so the total often exceeds the cost per mile than petrol

However there exists other types of batteries superior such as NiMh which can be from 600 to 2000 cycles but they cost four times more than Lead acid AGM battreries so the cost for same electric car goes from say ~12,000 euros with lead acid to more like 20,000 euros for the same car but batteries probably last 4 years so marginaly cheaper than using petrol

Its often cheaper to pay the parking costs and congestion charges than buy Hybrids or electrics in this time in Europe as the higher taxes like VAT often wipe out advantages that might exist in low tax regimes like USA

If you can find eneogh rich twots who say yes and sign the dotted line to buy the gizmo there and then then it worth it but picking on average plebs on the street with holes in the pockets your market research will be your rock to tie around your neck before you jump in the river and drown

Thats not to say I am anti electric car but the costs often today don't stack up to save money so I will stick to putting E85 in my non flex fuel car a Suziki 1998 car

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055399019

which really saves me money and at least has a nice Guiness brewery smell

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

phutyle wrote: »
    About 90% of our domestic electricity is generated by burning fossil fuels. Why should owners of these cars get these incentives (including free fuel!) for doing little more than shifting their carbon footprint one step down the supply chain?

Phutyle, that's what it's all about, shifting your "carbon footprint"! Take a look at the biggest joke of a website ever, this actually won some award: http://www.culgreen.ie/.
    The idea is, you log in and say you're going to turn of lights in rooms in your house that you're not using, or you won't take an international holiday this year. They calculate how much carbon you save bu doing these things. They also worked out how much carbon is released bu running croke park. When enough people say they will turn off their lights (or whatever) and the carbon saved is equal to what croker produces, the greens, the gaa and esb all think they're great, the website owners all get big bonuses, go out on the piss, get sore backs from back slapping and it'll be on the news that croker is carbon neutral!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Quint wrote: »
    Phutyle, that's what it's all about, shifting your "carbon footprint"! Take a look at the biggest joke of a website ever, this actually won some award: http://www.culgreen.ie/.
    The idea is, you log in and say you're going to turn of lights in rooms in your house that you're not using, or you won't take an international holiday this year. They calculate how much carbon you save bu doing these things. They also worked out how much carbon is released bu running croke park. When enough people say they will turn off their lights (or whatever) and the carbon saved is equal to what croker produces, the greens, the gaa and esb all think they're great, the website owners all get big bonuses, go out on the piss, get sore backs from back slapping and it'll be on the news that croker is carbon neutral!

This "carbon foorptrint" thing is a load of bollix to be completely honest. They half expect people to sit around in the dark doing **** all, just because having the lights or TV on might pollute the environment. I've heard so much of this global warming crap I just don't care anymore if my carbon footprint is 1 or 100. The future generation can suffer for all I care, I won't be here to see it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

subway wrote: »
    and crash testing too apparently -

:eek:

so it gets by the safety standards because its not a car eh? well its going to be on the same roads as real cars and even though it only goes around 10MPH or so, the other traffic is well able to go much faster than that so what good is that? :confused:

a testament to "road safety" :rolleyes:

Advertisement