Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave the car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

el tonto wrote: »
    I've just put a front brake on my track bike and taken to using it to go to work.

Tonto, you're such a hipster!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Tonto, you're such a hipster!!

pinstripe suit + white cycling shoes + fixie = not a very hip look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Wow, smooth criminal!

We should get you a single, diamond encrusted glove to work that brake lever.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Wow, smooth criminal!

We should get you a single, diamond encrusted glove to work that brake lever.

In that case I should just go all out and get a pimp hat.

pinstripe suit + white cycling shoes + fixie = not a very hip look.

Well, you can become the new breed of Hipster called the 'Smartenger' ... a different approach to the Fakenger ,,, the Messenger is 'Clean Cut' and smells nice. I do that on meeting days already... the only thing is that I can wear expensive jeans and shirts for meetings where I work ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Suit and tie... check
    Fixie... check (it's even a Bianchi Pista)
    One brake... check

2403478167_d326300126.jpg

Reckon Tonto ups the game here with the Concept and the Pinstripes, but we need photos. Photos that will then be spread all over the internets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Also, that guy lacks the white cycling shoes that would turn the pin-striped tonto into the "pimpster" cyclist he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

sally_gap_1.jpg

+

suit_ferraro_00.jpg

+

3479.jpg

=

pimped_bicycles_025.jpg

blorg wrote: »
    Reckon Tonto ups the game here with the Concept and the Pinstripes, but we need photos. Photos that will then be spread all over the internets.

No photos. I narrowly avoided this week having pose with my bike for a newspaper piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

No photos. I narrowly avoided this week having pose with my bike for a newspaper piece.

Lucky you, I've already been stung. Page 9.

The story speaks for itself, for which I might just as well offer my apologies now...:o

• Advertisement

unionman wrote: »
    Lucky you, I've already been stung. Page 9.

The story speaks for itself, for which I might just as well offer my apologies now...:o

Yeay!!!! that's pretty cool :cool:

Yeay!!!! that's pretty cool :cool:

You are being far too nice about it. You wouldn't believe the stick I'm getting. But thanks.

From the look on your face, you don't seem like a man who likes being beaten.

From the look on your face, you don't seem like a man who likes being beaten.

And yet you think I'd be used to it by now!!:D

I just couldn't believe they beat me. The entire premise of my being there was unravelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Mind you, I've just put a front brake on my track bike and taken to using it to go to work.
    Yes I think I saw you or your twin brother cycling up Georges st this morning. If it was you, you're very grumpy in the mornings.

kenmc wrote: »
    Yes I think I saw you or your twin brother cycling up Georges st this morning. If it was you, you're very grumpy in the mornings.

Ah, so it was you who shouted at me. I only realised someone had called my name a little late and shouted back a 'howya' but couldn't see who it was. You didn't hear me I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

yeah twas I. I only realized it was you a little late too, you were the second of 2 fixers which was unusual (to see 2 fixers in a row), and I noticed the nice bike, then recognized you. i didn't hear the response

yeah, there was a guy on a langster in front of me, whose wheel I was on for my entire (albeit very short) commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@kenmc- next time, take a picture.

blorg wrote: »
    @kenmc- next time, take a picture.

Wouldn't have worked today as I was in my jeans since I didn't have to meet anyone and looking slightly less Fredish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

fletch wrote: »
    Luas - 20min walk over muddy field, 45min Luas journey packed in like a Sardine
    I cross the Luas line a Cowper each morning, and I really have to struggle not to laugh when the tram comes along with them jammed in like sardines. I am that sardine the odd time for whatever reason, but when on the bike, I do try to catch the eye of the squashed commuter and give them a big smile, just to make them feel a little bit worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Both car and bike lover in equal parts, so got the best and biggest car I could, but driving to work is dull and pointless, though comfortable, plus I can race a bit on the bike but not in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 31,052 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Both car and bike lover in equal parts, so got the best and biggest car I could, but driving to work is dull and pointless, though comfortable, plus I can use the bike whenever the Alfa is at the garage being fixed

Edited for accuracy. ;)

Lumen wrote: »
    Edited for accuracy. ;)

Hah, Okay fair enough. She hasn't been in the garage for awhile now (touch bloody wood) and I probably use her more than I should. I'm more interested if you did a search for me or if you actually know who I am

Hah, Okay fair enough. She hasn't been in the garage for awhile now (touch bloody wood) and I probably use her more than I should. I'm more interested if you did a search for me or if you actually know who I am

LOL. I was intrigued by the "best and biggest" remark (am rather obsessive about motoring myself) so I boards-stalked you for a few seconds.

Aha. Right well you'll notice I said "could get". Nothing in comparison to a fireblade caterham or supercharged mini wink wink nudge nudge. Stalked you myself I did. You gotta agree though, 166s are comfortable

Aha. Right well you'll notice I said "could get". Nothing in comparison to a fireblade caterham or supercharged mini wink wink nudge nudge. Stalked you myself I did. You gotta agree though, 166s are comfortable

Top stalking sir!

Advertisement