Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Show do you hate??

Options
  • 16-10-2008 9:35am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was talking to my OH yesterday and we where debating what TV shows we both Didn't like and I thought might be an interesting idea for a thread, For me In order would be these three.

Last of the summer wine (words just cant describe how much I hate it)

Killnascully (Lazy Comedy,Same Jokes,Pat Short)

Sex and the city (Awful, Desperate Housewives is a guilty please of mine but I couldn't even begin to watch it)

There are a few honourable mentions that I could say but nothing gets past these three for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

ziedth wrote: »
    I was talking to my OH yesterday and we where debating what TV shows we both Didn't like and I thought might be an interesting idea for a thread, For me In order would be these three.

Last of the summer wine (words just cant describe how much I hate it)

Killnascully (Lazy Comedy,Same Jokes,Pat Short)

Sex and the city (Awful, Desperate Housewives is a guilty please of mine but I couldn't even begin to watch it)

There are a few honourable mentions that I could say but nothing gets past these three for me.

Last of the summer wine
    This holds a certain nostalgia for me so I like it. Its a bit samey but at the end of the day its just a harmless old school British comedy.

Killnascully
    Completely agree

Sex and the city
    Agree

Big Brother
    This is classed as a TV show isnt it ?:D Words cant even begin to express how much I dislike it. The came can be said for approx. 95% of reality TV shows in my case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Gilmore Girls.

The sister watches it, and anytime I see even a few mins of it, I get madly infuriated at how 'quirky' and 'witty' they try and make the characters, when in reality, no one ever talks like that in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gilmore Girls.

The sister watches it, and anytime I see even a few mins of it, I get madly infuriated at how 'quirky' and 'witty' they try and make the characters, when in reality, no one ever talks like that in real life.
    I'd disagree wholeheartedly there.. it's an extremely very well written and witty show that was absolutely miles ahead in terms of quality (as opposed to teen dramas on nowadays). Plus Lauren Graham is "teh sex"!

It did decrease though after the Palladino's both left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Golden Girls
    Unoriginal jokes, lame characters, it should have stayed in the 1980s where it belongs

QI
    Stephen Fry is a pain in the arse, just like most of his guests (especially Jo Brand)

reality shows\talent contests
    They can all be lumped into one, can't they. Rubbish.

the soaps
    watch 10 minutes of one, you've seen every episode of them all - if you're trying to lose your will to live I'd recommend them, though

My Family
    bland and unoriginal

Men Behaving Badly
    Watched it several times, did not laugh once (and I am easily amused)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Golden Girls
    Unoriginal jokes, lame characters, it should have stayed in the 1980s where it belongs

Very good suggestion Actually, Also Im going to put something that perhaps I could even list ahead of sex and the city....

Darma and Greg Appualing television, Actually the same jokes over and over again. I used to have a house mate that loved it, I think I came close to murder one day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

All the soaps
    - that depressing crap condenses all the worst elements of real life into a half hour where watching it saps your will to live

Killinascully
    I think this show is for culchies only as I don't know any Dub that watches it. As for Pat Short, I was dragged along to a show he did in Vicar Street by my wife (culchie), her sister (culchie) and her boyfriend (the sister's that is - and yes he was a culchie too). It was sh1te of the highest order and his "characters" were all variations along the same theme, i.e. a distilled version of how Dubs would describe a culchie.

Reality Shows
    Ban them all now!!! The dregs of the human gene pool live on tv.

The Late Late
    It should have been buried with Gay Byrne (he's dead isn't he?). Pat Kenny is a plank of the highest order. He can't hold a coversation with his guests, its more an interrogation where he doesn't wait for the answer before he moves onto his next question. Oh and he's a patronising, condescending snob.

Farming programmes.
    Just cause the wife's cousin presented Ear to the Ground doesn't mean I should have to watch a vet shove his arm up a cow's arse while I'm eating my dinner.

Afternoon shows like Seoige
    For when I retire, I don't want to have to watch that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Only Fools and Horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

I Hate most reality TV programmes, especially ones where we have to endure people who can sing a bit churn out poor versions of bad songs that I wouldn't normally want to listen to, and then get appraised by plastic egomaniacs.

To make things worse, you can add in 'Celebrities' to the same jaded format to jazz it up a bit. I despise all 'celebrity' reality tv shows where has beens try frantically to reinvent themselves by going on tv and learning to dance or skate or fish or whatever.... who cares. Well, obviously lots of people - when will it end.... It's such lazy television and insulting to viewers. As with who we elected to run the country, we had our chance to change, and we chose apathy, so we're stuck with this crap for the next couple of years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

When Im in the house and my friend is watching The Hills, I feel like im slowly losing the will to live. Its the most desperate thing ive seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Larianne wrote: »
    Only Fools and Horses.

Ah no, its a classic!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Anything that could be described as "Reality" and any talent shows, except for the auditions of X-Factor, because the useless ones are just too funny to miss. I saw an episode of The Hills a few weeks back. What's the deal with that anyway, is it real or acted out? Either way, it's complete drivel, and all the people in it should be euthanised.

One show I hated when it was on, was Will and Grace. Most unfunny comedy ever, with nothing but celeb cameos to keep it going.

Fair city - have to leave the room if someone is watching it. The acting is just desperate, the story is the same as EVERY other soap, nothing new or original.

And now, probably controversially, I absolutely hate The Mighty Boosh, it's just not funny at all. Also, My Name is Earl, still don't get it. Both rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Big Brother, Celeb BB, Im a Celeb Get Me Out, Your A Star, Hells Kitchen, Class Act, Failte Towers.........

in fact just about any of the reality & celeb game type shows which are basically a lame excuse for television entertainment. The programmes pay for their own costs by conning gullible viewers into texting/phoning in votes at a premium rate.

Another one for me is The Late Late. How many times can they keep dragging out the same z-list celebs, year in year out and sometimes twice in the same run. Jimmy Carr & Tommy Tiernan must have their own dressing rooms at Donnybrook by now. Kerry Katona must be due another visit to Pats couch. RTe would be better off broadcasting the show only once a fortnight and get some decent celebs on with the money saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Tubridy Tonight...........the Effing Skinny muppett that is Tubs.
    Hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Langerland -- Complete shíte.
    Fair City -- The wooden acting, the "edgy" storylines, the complete lack of talent in all facets of production. Eastenders for many of the same reasons.
    The Mighty Boosh, Little Britian: I find neither of them funny, give me the fast show anyday.
    Reality TV -- Almost all of it, with the exception of some of the cooking programmes. Anything on MTV1 makes me despair.
    American Sit-coms --About as funny as a bus load of orphans crashing into a lake.

Any of them shows on Bravo/Sky which shows police clips/public order offences etc. They glorify the acts they pretend to be admonishing.

Anything which Eddie Hobbs appears on, the little slit eyed weasel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Friends - it was funny first time around but 7th/8th time it has lost its humour for me....Mrs. tonc thinks differently though:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Lost - I watched the first two seasons religiously, but grew extremely tired of it. They killed off the most interesting characters (I realise some of the actors had trouble with the law, but apart from jailbird Michelle Rodriguez I don't it was serious enough to justify axeing them.)
    Jack is one of the most irritating characters ever on a TV show, and the more screen time he got, the more I gradually began to hate Lost. Haven't watched it in ages and have no wish to watch it ever again.

Grey's Anatomy - had potential to be good, has some very good characters (the Asian one and the short black one are funny.) So why can I never bare to watch it?
    Two words - ELLEN POMPEO. She is one of the worst actresses I have ever seen on any TV show/movie anywhere. The amateurs from Fair City could do a better job than her. For starters, she's a 40-something trying to be a 20/30-something (and failing...miserably) She has only one facial expression - it looks like she has had some severely botched botox. And she is hopelessly wooden - anything that might be vaguely interesting about her character is not conveyed by this lifeless pathetic excuse for an actress.
    I also hate the really whiney male doctor (George) His character should be tortured to death.

Naked Camera - I don't mind Maeve Higgins, but the two male *ahem* "comedians" (PJ Gallagher and yer man with the bad hair and bad voice) are absolutely headwrecking and painfully unfunny.

I'm sure there are more, but I think that's enough for now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

CSI Vegas, Miami... wherever... that ginger midget is the worst actor on the face of the planet. I know there are religious followers of the show out there, but..... why? WHY WHY??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Naked Camera - I don't mind Maeve Higgins, but the two male *ahem* "comedians" (PJ Gallagher and yer man with the bad hair and bad voice) are absolutely headwrecking and painfully unfunny.

+1 - I thought i was alone in this world. It pure SHOITTE.

and that Anonomus shoitte too, awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

The ones I don't watch :D.

Anything on ITV, most stuff on RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ugly fucking Betty

Sex And The City

Two and a Half Men/Friends/My Wife And Kids/Will And Grace and all those other generic American comedies that are complete ****.

All that So You Think You Can Dance crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

+1 - I thought i was alone in this world. It pure SHOITTE.

You are not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Sex and the City and The Hills.

Any and all soaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Most attempts at irish comedy..
    Killinascully is absolute torture.....Pat Shortt....same jokes.....he hasn't changed since he first strolled onto the Late Late how many years ago...??
    Mave Higgins from Naked Camera.....Painful to watch

The Hills is not Discovery channel stuff but is easy on the eye.....!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Stargate............*shudder* brings back horrible memories of nearly killing my brother for the tv remote to change the channel. Such a boring show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Naked Camera

+1
    Two and a Half Men/Friends/My Wife And Kids/Will And Grace and all those other generic American comedies that are complete ****.

Two and a half men is ok, but the jokes can wear a bit thin at times. Will and Grace I definitely agree with.

I really hate all those home makeover shows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Without a doubt, the worst "comedy" in the last 20 years. Everybody Loves Raymond, no they dont, i hate the cúnt. And the big lurch in it has probably the most annoying voice ive ever heard in my life.

CSI's, mainly for that ginger tosser (Hugo, Horatio, Hector???, it begins with a H). The worst actor ive ever seen, how he has a job acting is totally beyond me when you see some of the talent in indie movies being overlooked continuously.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

The Hills..Newport Beach..that other one and the other one...

why are there so many of these??? worst show of all time

"Did you see Taaaadd at the poir-de?"
    "I saw taaaddd wit jaaash at the poir-de"
    "YOU SAW TAAD WIT JAAAASSH????"
    "yeah they wur havin a bud lite by the cooler"

go fuuck urself taaaad and jaaaaash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Seinfeld

Hate everything about it, the characters, the actors, the humour, the sets. Ugh, horrible horrible program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Seinfeld

Hate everything about it, the characters, the actors, the humour, the sets. Ugh, horrible horrible program.

How very dare you!

Advertisement