Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Limerick for beginner

Options
  • 14-10-2008 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm looking to join a gym in Castletroy to get fit/tone up a little...I'm not looking for a weight loss programme, but I was still considering Curves in Castletroy.

Wondering if anyone is a member of this Curves gym...they wouldn't give me any membership rates over the phone but invited me for a tour instead. Does anyone know the membership cost/have personal experience at this particular Curves?

My other option is Castletroy Park Hotel Leisure Club....Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!! I am not body conscious, but am still apprehensive about entering the world of gym exercise! Was a dancer throughout my teen years, but my 20s haven't seen much in the way of vigorous exercise!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

What about the UL arena its probably the best gym in ireland and the staff are very friendly will make you up a program for free an do personal training at very reasonable rates. there are also loads of classes on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i second ul i spend alot of time in there and know most fo the staff personaly.. be it from powerlifting to richies classes UL is in my opinion the best option for a gym in limerick...

what exaclty are you looking for if not a weight loss program?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Do you have to be a UL student to join the UL gym? can members of the public use the gym and just pay as they use it?

they can indeed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

+1 on the Arena in UL. Great facilities available. Membership rates for UL students and staff are fantastic value. Public rates are obviously more expensive but from what I hear they are still good value, considering you get usage of a 50m pool and indoor running track etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Any annual rates for the UL or even a website?

www.universityarena.com but it seems to be down...i dont have a number for em handy...yellowpages should do the job...

Cheers Jimmy;)

no bothers eoin..im there most evenings around 7:30 drop over and say hello if you join up...

• Advertisement

Must get put there some evening get a look at the place!

Advertisement