Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Writing up Coop Candidate Report...
    List of about 12-15 questions, at this point it's about the length of an average assignment, just passed the 3k word mark, luckily nearly done...
    Worst thing is, I'm not guaranteed placement out of this, but done as much as I can do..

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Writing up Coop Candidate Report...
    List of about 12-15 questions, at this point it's about the length of an average assignment, just passed the 3k word mark, luckily nearly done...
    Worst thing is, I'm not guaranteed placement out of this, but done as much as I can do..

What is this thing you are writing? I am on Co Op now and didn't have to do that I think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

sup_dude wrote: »
    Has the CoOp office burned down or do they just not bother with emails anymore...?
    Just to further on my complaint, get the day off last Monday to go in to office. Our CoOp officer not there but yer man at the reception goes "oh yeah, I'll make a note of it and she'll ring ya on Wednesday when she's back". It's now Saturday and no call...
    Wouldn't mind but it's kinda important :/

What is this thing you are writing? I am on Co Op now and didn't have to do that I think ?

Had a telephone interview on Monday and the interviewer forwarded on a questionnaire sheet afterwards for me to fill in, didn't expect it to take too long, totted up at about 3300 words...
    I'd say it's unique to my situation though, not a mandatory coop thing, still trying to get placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Had a telephone interview on Monday and the interviewer forwarded on a questionnaire sheet afterwards for me to fill in, didn't expect it to take too long, totted up at about 3300 words...
    I'd say it's unique to my situation though, not a mandatory coop thing, still trying to get placement.

Never heard anything like that before to be honest :)
    any luck so far with jobs?

• Advertisement

Had two interviews, one in person, the other telephone. First one 10 applied for the placement so I have near no chance of getting it, plus I had a dismal interview, shot myself in the foot with lack of preparation.
    Interview this Monday though only 2 had been shortlisted, myself and this other girl. Phone interview went okay, hoping to win it with that questionnaire thing. If I don't win it with questionnaire, I lost the race in the interview. Sickened if I don't get it to be honest, know nothing about the girl to be fair but makes you think if you can't get placement when there's only two of you, what hope have you got... :/ :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Had two interviews, one in person, the other telephone. First one 10 applied for the placement so I have near no chance of getting it, plus I had a dismal interview, shot myself in the foot with lack of preparation.
    Interview this Monday though only 2 had been shortlisted, myself and this other girl. Phone interview went okay, hoping to win it with that questionnaire thing. If I don't went it with questionnaire, I lost the race in the interview. Sickened if I don't get it to be honest, know nothing about the girl to be fair but makes you think if you can't get placement when there's only two of you, what hope have you got... :/ :P

I didn't get a job when I was the only one going for it...

:o:( :P

(To be fair, the funding for the placement was pulled last minute... at least that's what they told me... )

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I didn't get a job when I was the only one going for it...

:o:( :P

(To be fair, the funding for the placement was pulled last minute... at least that's what they told me... )

Wasn't that the one you applied for, for the sake of it, then regretted it when u found out you were the only candidate? :P
    I suppose if I don't get it, can always think of that. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Wasn't that the one you applied for, for the sake of it, then regretted it when u found out you were the only candidate? :P
    I suppose if I don't get it, can always think of that. :D

I put too much of my life on the internet... :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I put too much of my life on the internet... :P

WHY DON'T I REMEMBER THE IMPORTANT THINGS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hi guys,

I just have a quick question.

I just pid a registration fees for my masters by online bank transfer. But something tells me I have done it the wrong way. I didn't receive any giro form. All I received wasn acceotance letter stating what way I paid and proof of payment.

So how would the UNI know that 250 came from my Bank Account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Hi guys,

I just have a quick question.

I just pid a registration fees for my masters by online bank transfer. But something tells me I have done it the wrong way. I didn't receive any giro form. All I received wasn acceotance letter stating what way I paid and proof of payment.

So how would the UNI know that 250 came from my Bank Account ?

Did you put in any narrative or a reference number that came by the letter instructing payment

Best thing is to pop into the PG office tomorrow to clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I referenced the payment but its not a unique reference such as one's student ID.

Though I took a snapshot of the transaction reference. Unfortunately I miles away from limerick but I'll give them a call to see where I'll stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

How many things have gone missing/have been found in UL the past few days? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How many things have gone missing/have been found in UL the past few days? :p

Toyota car keys the latest :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Appeared to be some beggars hovering around the ATMs in the courtyard around lunchtime. Saw them showing pieces of paper to people.

Skyrim wrote: »
    Appeared to be some beggars hovering around the ATMs in the courtyard around lunchtime. Saw them showing pieces of paper to people.

More petitioners... :/

Skyrim wrote: »

Got one of them outside the library a few weeks ago.

Apparently her three month old baby brother needed milk... :rolleyes:

Just tell me you want money for drugs and I might actually give you some. Lie to me, and you're getting nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

A lot of chatty people today in the computer room in the library, a group of girls came in earlier on and didn't even bother to attempt to whisper. I swear I was so close to killing them. If you want to talk, feck off somewhere else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

Is it just me, or has the library been obscenely warm lately? Impossible to do work in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

There's a cycle lane for a reason. Use it. Drives me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

whitewave wrote: »
    There's a cycle lane for a reason. Use it. Drives me nuts!

The cycle lanes around UL campus are not safe or fit for purpose. It is much safer, faster and easier to cycle on the road. I would advise all people cycling around UL not to use them. I have talked to the safety officers in UL at length about these issues and they can understand my point of view, but are not necessarily in full agreement!!

DaveR1 wrote: »
    The cycle lanes around UL campus are not safe or fit for purpose. It is much safer, faster and easier to cycle on the road. I would advise all people cycling around UL not to use them. I have talked to the safety officers in UL at length about these issues and they can understand my point of view, but are not necessarily in full agreement!!

Oh they're definitely not good cycle lanes, very poorly laid out, but I would have thought that it'd be safer for cyclists to use the one from the east gate as far as the Stables rather than along the road at that narrow part past the arena with the speedbumps? The guy was also free-wheeling along, away in his own world. Seemed completely unaware of cars around him.

whitewave wrote: »
    Oh they're definitely not good cycle lanes, very poorly laid out, but I would have thought that it'd be safer for cyclists to use the one from the east gate as far as the Stables rather than along the road at that narrow part past the arena with the speedbumps? The guy was also free-wheeling along, away in his own world. Seemed completely unaware of cars around him.

The east gate cycle lane is the worst, crosses the entrance to the east-gate car park, the maintenance yard and the staff car park across from MSSI. No car turning left into these car parks is looking out for a cyclist on his way into college. I am convinced a bad accident will happen at these spots some day. I've seen a few close calls before.

All in all he's better off on the road, and the 10 seconds extra it took you to get the car park......... Is it really something to get irritated over?

I don't agree, but sure it'd be an awful boring thread if no-one posted any bitches about UL, whether others agree with them or not!

I would have thought that a cycle lane would be that better option than using the road? Drivers still have to be on the lookout for pedestrians when they're coming out of/ into those entrances and if they don't look properly, would it not be more the fault of the drivers as opposed to the lanes themselves?

I would have thought that a cycle lane would be that better option than using the road? Drivers still have to be on the lookout for pedestrians when they're coming out of/ into those entrances and if they don't look properly, would it not be more the fault of the drivers as opposed to the lanes themselves?

As a cyclist I would rather keep my life in my own hands instead of placing it into the lap of gods counting on a driver to see me from the corner of their eye. Pedestrians stop and cross if its safe, this is impractical if on a bike. On the road I am completely visible and much safer.

DaveR1 wrote: »
    As a cyclist I would rather keep my life in my own hands instead of placing it into the lap of gods counting on a driver to see me from the corner of their eye. Pedestrians stop and cross if its safe, this is impractical if on a bike. On the road I am completely visible and much safer.

But you're not really... I mean a driver coming around one of the corners isn't going to be expecting a cyclist on the road when there's a cycle path...

But you're not really... I mean a driver coming around one of the corners isn't going to be expecting a cyclist on the road when there's a cycle path...

Considering the speed limit, speed bumps, pedestrian crossings and the fact that cyclists aren't been killed every day in huge numbers around the countries roads, I'm pretty confident the road through UL could be considered safe!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

the cycle lane comments reminded me of this! :)

Advertisement