Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The pointlessless of the long distance cyclist

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

If we're going to go early, why not go early -7am -gives us plenty of time for a long spin, and still be back for lunch!
    I've said it before, I'll say it again (and I'll probably have to say it yet again some time in the future) . There is NO 7am on the weekends. It does not exist. At least not from the front. I have ran into the back of one on occasion, but those beasts are few and far between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

If we're going to go early, why not go early -7am -gives us plenty of time for a long spin, and still be back for lunch!

Lets not get stupid but to be honest sleeping is cheating -- see you at 12am Saturday morning for a 12 hour ride proior to a good lunch... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,054 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Early gets my vote too.

That's if I'm still welcome after the "cycling tax" thread :D

Lumen wrote: »
    Early gets my vote too.

That's if I'm still welcome after the "cycling tax" thread :D

Yes of course................. but it will cost you an extra tenner if you wish to cycle in the dark.. oh and don't forget that we are going to add toll gates for cyclists at the top of hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Yes of course................. but it will cost you an extra tenner if you wish to cycle in the dark.. oh and don't forget that we are going to add toll gates for cyclists at the top of hills.

Last person to the top of the hills pays.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »

Ummm... oh crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

el tonto wrote: »
    Ummm... oh crap.

Don't worry, if I can beat Blorg to the top of the Glandon, we can kick his ass on Sally Gap :)

Don't worry, if I can beat Blorg to the top of the Glandon, we can kick his ass on Sally Gap :)

You beat Blorg to the top of the Glandon? That's great, you should publicise it more.

;)

Them's fightin' words. ;)

DAMN.... I hope they take credit cards.

• Advertisement

Them's fightin' words. ;)

One day Raam, one day.... I've already got my sights on my next target to beat up a hill, but I'm not going public with who it is just yet....

One day Raam, one day.... I've already got my sights on my next target to beat up a hill, but I'm not going public with who it is just yet....

I'm gonna be under serious pressure to perform at the next outing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@Tiny- I'll race you up Sally Gap on a fixie if you like :D

The Alps gang all know who Tiny's next target is, all of ye better watch your backs. Best not go public with it until the task is accomplished!

blorg wrote: »

The Alps gang all know who Tiny's next target is, all of ye better watch your backs. Best not go public with it until the task is accomplished!

In that case it's any of: NiceOneTom, Emty or Caroline_ie. Watch yerselves.

blorg wrote: »

Yup, I'm keeping it quiet until I strike... so all of you, watch your backs, or you'll be watching mine as I streak ahead of you :)

Blorg, on the fixie I much prefer the flat, as you well know -am a sprinter, not a climber, but one day... one day, I'll have ya!

In that case it's any of: NiceOneTom, Emty or Caroline_ie. Watch yerselves.

No, it means that they all know who the target is... could be one of them, or someone else....

No, it means that they all know who the target is... could be one of them, or someone else....

In that case, I'm gonna try and establish an early breakaway :pac:

Thanks for all the advice.

Will steadily increase the commuting frequency, do some slower weekend spins, and see how that works out.

Managed to get my HR over 180bpm peak (159 average) on this morning's commute without really trying, and the legs felt good, so Sunday must have been an off-day.

I also learned that longitudinal concrete joints are best avoided in the wet, and that I can't bunny hop potholes (so that's my first "off" on the new bike, but only pride damaged).

In that case, I'm gonna try and establish an early breakaway :pac:

Maybe you'll need to.... maybe....

man, I hope the speed I've ordered on t'internet comes in, or I'm going to look foolish...

Advertisement