Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What stresses you out about driving.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Tttttttttrrrrrrrrraffic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

When lights turn red and theres nothing coming the other way,happens everytime i drive down vernon avenue,GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Everything :p

People blcoking junctions, whether there be a yellow box or not....was leaving someone into town earlier, in that really heavy rain we're having...the amount of selfish f*ckers (mostly women) who just drive out and block the entrances to car parks or small side streets is staggering...they don't seem to realise that when the cars in the oncoming lane can't make the turn (which their little blinking orange light is indicating they wish to make), then traffic behind can't progress either and in certain urban streets this leads to gridlock. I feel like getting out of the car and jumping up and down on their bonnets.
    All the other usual stuff, overtaking lane hoggers, people who don't know what indicators are for, the idiots who stick to one speed no matter what the signs read...etc

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Other drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Wertz wrote: »

People blcoking junctions, whether there be a yellow box or not....was leaving someone into town earlier, in that really heavy rain we're having...the amount of selfish f*ckers (mostly women) who just drive out and block the entrances to car parks or small side streets is staggering...they don't seem to realise that when the cars in the oncoming lane can't make the turn (which their little blinking orange light is indicating they wish to make), then traffic behind can't progress either and in certain urban streets this leads to gridlock. I feel like getting out of the car and jumping up and down on their bonnets.
    All the other usual stuff, overtaking lane hoggers, people who don't know what indicators are for, the idiots who stick to one speed no matter what the signs read...etc

How do you know they are women and not just men with wigs on???

I hate in town when people see me coming and decide to walk right in front of me expecting me to brake and if I dont brake and hit them its my fault??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

people who don't acknowledge when ya give way, and when people don't give way when it doesn't make a difference distance wise to them.
    keep the traffic moving and be nice

Oh oh, people in SUVs that you meet on backroads who are on your side of the road avoiding potholes, uneveneness and such...FFS you're driving an offroad vehicle!!

As for red punto's question? I usually know they're women by what they're driving, how they're driving it and where the vehicle is on the road...I merely have my suspicions confirmed when I see who's at the wheel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Tossers driving in the buslane illegally while the rest of us wait in traffic. They are usually twats in '08 mercs and beemers. *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

pretty much everything, but people who forget their cars have indicators and people who dont know how to use roundabouts are top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

I've become pretty relaxed, but the main things that still piss me off are:

1) Knobs using buslane
    2) The "I'm driving in the righthand lane all the time" crowd
    3) People who don't have their lights on in weather like todays. (morons)

there are other things but the 3 above are almost daily.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Talk about opening a can of worms!:pac:
    Okay, so i've just come home from the chipper after getting some din dins. It's pitch black outside, lashing rain. And i saw 3 cars with no lights on at all!:eek:! and at least 5 with just parking lights on! That is my #1 pet hate. And it's lethal too!

pretty much everything, but people who forget their cars have indicators and people who dont know how to use roundabouts are top of my list.

I've given up that battle. They will never learn. Actually the best people on roundabouts I find are learner drivers, cause even though they can be slow, they nearly always indicate - presumably in preparation of their test.

Talk about opening a can of worms!:pac:
    Okay, so i've just come home from the chipper after getting some din dins. It's pitch black outside, lashing rain. And i saw 3 cars with no lights on at all!:eek:! and at least 5 with just parking lights on! That is my #1 pet hate. And it's lethal too!

And a good argument for introducing DRL here too. :)
    First thing I do after switching on the engine is switch on the lights. :cool:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Cionád wrote: »

+1. I think people have forgotten what dipped headlights are. In their mind, parking lights are dipped headlights, dipped headlights are fulls...and full headlights are some crazy mad bright yoke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

+1 on both points.

IMO putting on lights is almost as important as the seat belt. After all every little bit helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

:mad: Brake first and then indicate :mad: aaahhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Automatic lights ftw! The missus Scenic has them and they come on when needed.

Down with DRL. I find headlights on during daylight quite dazzling, no problem at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Slow drivers are the bane of my life. To make it clear, I am not attacking drivers who stick to the speed limit or drive cautiously in bad weather conditions. I'm talking about the people who do 15kph in a 50 zone, even though they have good visibility and little to no traffic in front of them.

It pisses me off no end. There is no reasonable explanation for it, so are they just doing it to piss off other motorists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

People approaching a completely deserted roundabout hittin' the brakes and coming to a complete standstill anyway. Then looking sheepishly to the right for about a minute 'til finally a car approaches after which they can 'safely' enter the roundabout. For christ sake, if all you're able to take in is within a 10m radius right in front you, you shouldn't be driving a car in the first place.

People going on a national road at 45 kph completely oblivious to the havoc they're causing behind them. These people are either overchallenged or too ignorant to be driving around on public roads.

solong

C

Stekelly wrote: »
    Automatic lights ftw! The missus Scenic has them and they come on when needed.

Down with DRL. I find headlights on during daylight quite dazzling, no problem at night.

Most routes I use are backroads half covered with tree-cover, and especially in summer having lights on even when its sunny outside is a great help ( esp. if the car is dark green (like the shurbs/trees) - like mine, or silver (glistens in the sun)).

Full beams during the day might be dazzling but not dipped headlghts imo, or any dipped lights i've seen anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

slooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

drivers.

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

1. Cnuts who stay in the overtaking lane when overtakng nobody, most annoying...
    2. Arseholes who don't indicate, they mostly congregate at roundabouts!
    3. And as mentioned plenty of times, people with no lights on when there's poor visibility

Not really for automatic dips, I drive a bike a fair bit and this would make me less noticable and if you think that every car in the world was to have this how much more fuel it would use...

edit: as per realcams comment, people stopping at roundabouts and yield signs, slows down traffic no end.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Not really for automatic dips, I drive a bike a fair bit and this would make me less noticable and if you think that every car in the world was to have this how much more fuel it would use...

afaik DRL use far less energy than normal headlights (80% less? I'm not sure...)
    Also, oil prices are now $76.32, almost half the peak this year :)

I understand your concern though, bikes would be less noticeable, a solution I would suggest would be more education to the masses to make sure they check their mirrors before changing lanes/swerving etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hiss is the sound of me venting all the things I can think of right now.

People who dont use indicators.

People who use them incorrectly on roadabouts, stop indicating right when you are taking the first exit(straight on). I will F***NG kill YOU!!

Taxi's leaving taxi's out but not me.

People leaving roundabouts incorrectly.

People cutting roundabouts.

People on dual carraigeways who use the right hand lane, you flash them they move in. Fair enough but then you look back in the rear view mirror and they have pulled back into the right lane(overtaking lane). There is no fuc**ng traffic on the fuc**ng road. Who the F**K are you overtaking????

The School run. Let your fat kids walk to school. I did and wasnt fat. I am now but wasnt fat then because I F*****G walked!!!!

Women going shopping on Friday mornings in rush hour. Why F*****G Rush hour?

Women who wait until they get to toll plazas to pick up their hand bag, fish around for a purse and then fish around for the right change. Thank god I invested in the Eazypass tag!!

People on the M7 driving in the middle lane when the left lane is empty. What the hell is going on in your heads? Who are you overtaking. As the law permits me to I undertake them if they are doing less than the alloted speed limit. They always give me funny looks but hey if the speed limits 100 and your doing 90 in the centre lane why should I have to slow down in the legal lane doing 100?? Twats!!

People driving with fog lights on.

People missing a headlight

People missing a headlight and a fog on different sides.

People driving with only sidelights on at night

People with no lights in fog.

People with no lights in rain

People with that Renault type problem of braking and indicators interfering with each other.

People with 206's with the brake lights on full blast permanently(some fiestas also). Happened in my 99 reg 206.

People with BMW with the added bonus of auto dipped headlights whereby if you are on full beam and another car comes towards you they dip by themselves. They are very slow to react and dont work very well in rain.

People with seatbelts sticking out of their doors while driving. I hope they dont crash.

People with their doors not fully closed.

People driving at night with their interior lights on.

Women in car parks who ALWAYS drive straight into the space and wonder why the car is not straight.

Women who reverse into a space and then go shopping to return with a shopping trolley and scrape past the other cars to get the trolley to the boot(crescent shopping centre underground tonight)

Women and Men who cannot stop near enough to the ticket machine in car parks to exit

Women and Men who crash into the barrier and kerb by the ticket machine on exit.

People who take up more than one space

Soccer Moms in SUV's.

Off roaders who wont drive through puddles.

The Fiat Punto in Limerick with a Mugen sticker on the back window.

People who drive with their lamnmower handle sticking out the boot. If you put the seats down and put it on the other way(handles pointing into the car) you can close the F****G boot.

People overly polite at junctions. They leave one car across in front of them(even though they have right of way) and are to polite to tell the other 15 behind it to wait. They let them ALL pass.

The car with false plates that smashed into my car on Tuesday and drove off. Never to be found. €250 damage

Women who push their ugly children in buggies out in front of me hoping I will stop, instead I slightly move closer towards them.

The pelican crossing on the roundabouts on the Dublin road in Limerick. They WILL or probably already have caused accidents. Bloody students protesting about dangerous roads. They sneakily crept out in the middle of the night and spray painted their own pelican crossing last year. That was quickly powerwashed off by the council. Oddly enough the students location was much safer.

Children abandoned in car with the windows up asleep. I hate the idea of it, not the children.

The traffic warden in Castleisland yesterday whom did not give a van a ticket for parking in a disabled space because "Im sure they will be back soon". If that was me or you!!!!!

I hate everything. If you got this far, I am a miserable F**K and I drive for a living. Im driving to Newry from Limerick tomorrow. I wonder how many morons I will meet on the road. I hate weekends drivers!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

People who don't turn their lights on in poor conditions.
    Slow drivers (not over the speed limit but well below for no reason)
    People who hog the overtaking lane.
    People who don't know how to use roundabouts.

But I can live with all them. What actually stresses me out is

Tailgaters!! :mad:

*lots of stuff*
    lol

I think that covers just about everything. Newry to Limerick eh? You'll be passing through Dundalk so...prepare to have your expectations met :p

I just read the OP's newslink...none of those things stress me out at all [edit] oh yeah 'cept tailgaters....hate them...anyone else get stressed by paralell parking or driving mways in the rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

lol

I think that covers just about everything. Newry to Limerick eh? You'll be passing through Dundalk so...prepare to have your expectations met :p

I just read the OP's newslink...none of those things stress me out at all...anyone else get stressed by paralell parking or driving mways in the rain?

Dundalk is bypassed so Im ok. Anyways my office is in Dundalk but I live outside Limerick. Long Commute, I know.

Im used to Dundalk drivers and think they are not the worst. Actually I dont think I have had much problems TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

1. People not indicating in roundabouts
    2. People indicating incorrectly in roundabouts
    3. People drifting across lanes through a roundabout
    4. People indicating a split second before turning, often simultaneously whilst turning
    5. People driving too fast
    6. People driving too slow
    7. People hogging the overtaking lane
    8. People speeding past in the bus lane
    9. People not using the bus lane when they could
    10. Taxis and buses having the best of both worlds - stick to the bus lanes!
    11. People using interchanges on the motorways to jump the queue
    12. Tailgaters
    13. People behind you on a motorway on-ramp speeding past you, cutting across the solid white lane, in order to merge quicker and to get ahead of you, often blocking you in
    14. People yielding unnecessary and in the process obstructing traffic (do-gooders)
    15. Daft road layouts
    16. People trying to reverse into a parking space when they clearly can't reverse
    17. People putting in petrol at a filling station, then go in the shop, use the ATM, buy a breakfast roll, browse the daily newspapers, buy a Lotto ticket, use the toilet, etc. whilst you're waiting for them to move the car
    18. Mothers doing the school run
    19. People falling asleep at traffic lights, FFS go!
    20. Boy racers
    21. The lorry on the motorway doing 101km/h and taking 2km to overtake the slower one doing 100km/h
    22. Illegal parking on Disabled Parking spaces, because you'll "only be a minute"
    23. Parking like a jerk, so close you can't open the driver's door and have to climb across from the passenger side
    24. Denting my car with your door FFS!
    25. People so stupid and ignorant they don't even realize why you're blowing the horn at them (or simply avoiding eye contact and pretending they can't hear you)

That's all that springs to mind immediately.

People who dont use indicators.
    Agreed
    People who use them incorrectly on roadabouts, stop indicating right when you are taking the first exit(straight on). I will F***NG kill YOU!!
    Agreed
    Taxi's leaving taxi's out but not me.
    Agreed
    People leaving roundabouts incorrectly.
    Agreed
    People cutting roundabouts.
    Agreed
    People on dual carraigeways who use the right hand lane, you flash them they move in. Fair enough but then you look back in the rear view mirror and they have pulled back into the right lane(overtaking lane). There is no fuc**ng traffic on the fuc**ng road. Who the F**K are you overtaking????
    LMFAO and Agreed
    The School run. Let your fat kids walk to school. I did and wasnt fat. I am now but wasnt fat then because I F*****G walked!!!!
    LOL, Agreed

Women who wait until they get to toll plazas to pick up their hand bag, fish around for a purse and then fish around for the right change. Thank god I invested in the Eazypass tag!!
    LOL, Agreed
    People on the M7 driving in the middle lane when the left lane is empty. What the hell is going on in your heads? Who are you overtaking. As the law permits me to I undertake them if they are doing less than the alloted speed limit. They always give me funny looks but hey if the speed limits 100 and your doing 90 in the centre lane why should I have to slow down in the legal lane doing 100?? Twats!!
    Agreed, undertake the twats.
    People driving with fog lights on.
    Agreed
    People missing a headlight
    AGREED!
    People missing a headlight and a fog on different sides.
    Agreed
    People driving with only sidelights on at night
    Agreed
    People with no lights in fog.
    Agreed
    People with no lights in rain
    Agreed
    People with that Renault type problem of braking and indicators interfering with each other.
    Agreed
    People with 206's with the brake lights on full blast permanently(some fiestas also). Happened in my 99 reg 206.
    Agreed
    People with BMW with the added bonus of auto dipped headlights whereby if you are on full beam and another car comes towards you they dip by themselves. They are very slow to react and dont work very well in rain.
    first I;ve heard of these
    People with seatbelts sticking out of their doors while driving. I hope they dont crash.
    Agreed
    People with their doors not fully closed.
    Meh
    People driving at night with their interior lights on.
    Agreed
    Women in car parks who ALWAYS drive straight into the space and wonder why the car is not straight.
    lolz
    Women who reverse into a space and then go shopping to return with a shopping trolley and scrape past the other cars to get the trolley to the boot(crescent shopping centre underground tonight)
    lolz
    Women and Men who cannot stop near enough to the ticket machine in car parks to exit
    Agreed
    Women and Men who crash into the barrier and kerb by the ticket machine on exit.
    Agreed
    People who take up more than one space
    (Agreed*AGREED*AGREED)^200000
    Soccer Moms in SUV's.
    Agreed
    Off roaders who wont drive through puddles.
    LMFAO so true and Agreed, also reminds me of going through Ballymun, all the offroaders go at 10km/h over the speed bumps, hurry the f*uck up!
    The Fiat Punto in Limerick with a Mugen sticker on the back window.
    lolz?
    People who drive with their lamnmower handle sticking out the boot. If you put the seats down and put it on the other way(handles pointing into the car) you can close the F****G boot.
    lulz
    People overly polite at junctions. They leave one car across in front of them(even though they have right of way) and are to polite to tell the other 15 behind it to wait. They let them ALL pass.
    Agreed
    The car with false plates that smashed into my car on Tuesday and drove off. Never to be found. €250 damage
    It wasn;t me :o
    Women who push their ugly children in buggies out in front of me hoping I will stop, instead I slightly move closer towards them.
    Agreed
    Children abandoned in car with the windows up asleep. I hate the idea of it, not the children.
    Agreed
    The traffic warden in Castleisland yesterday whom did not give a van a ticket for parking in a disabled space because "Im sure they will be back soon". If that was me or you!!!!!
    Grinds my gears!
    I hate everything. If you got this far, I am a miserable F**K and I drive for a living. Im driving to Newry from Limerick tomorrow. I wonder how many morons I will meet on the road. I hate weekends drivers!!!!!
    Agreed, they are better north of the border though( all of those 6km you can enjoy (although they will be 50% Irish cars lol)) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Just the ****ty roads
    once the roads around here are re-surfaced properly things will be a lot better. not just spray painting the road with tar and then getting the cars to ram the 'loose chippings' into the surface.

but most dubs wouldn't know what i'm on about. this is a two-tier country; dublin and the rest of us. dublin gets good roads but also all the annoying people seem to hang around there

Advertisement