Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in the Clonmel area???

Options
  • 09-10-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi gang,

just looking for some advice on things for couples to do in the Clonmel area. Im from Cork and my gf is from Donegal, she moved there a few months ago for work but we haven't really had a look around yet.

Would like to know if there are any places ye would recommend for hill walking or just nice places to walk in general?? Any things to do at the weekend besides the cinema or shopping, some "get off ur arse and do someting" things in the general area would be good.

thanks! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

There's not much to do in Clonmel, but if you like walking there's a few nice places - maybe to the Holy Year Cross and down into Gleanarri, Carey's Castle, the woods at Tic n Cor? If you want to know how to get to any of the places I mentioned send me a pm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Plenty of options regarding sports (tennis/golf/rugby/football).

As for walks, well you'll probably be taking the car somewhere and walking from there so in that case you have a huge choice, either heading towards Slievenamon or the Vee Valley being some of the easier walks.

Check out this site :

http://www.clonmelhillwalking.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭cluelessx2

The Nire Valley is only a stones throw from Clonmel and there's loads of walking there that's as easy or difficult as you'd like. This weekend there's a walking festival, walks of Grade A, B and C. Sign up at the Nire Church at 9am for B, I'm not sure what time for C, and as far as I can remember it's 0830 for the A walk. I'm doing the B, so if I see a Cork & Donegal couple around I'll be sure to say hello! (I'll also have my Cork other half in tow)

You could also go mountain biking in the Ballyhouras which isn't too far away. Slievenamon is a nice walk, but if you're going from Kilcash it's pretty short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

Mahon falls and the comeragh mountains supply endless leisurely activiteahs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Things to do in Clonmel?

Buy a boy racer car...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Things to do in Clonmel?

Buy a boy racer car...

Epic Fail...Go back to Dublin Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

callaway92 wrote: »
    Epic Fail...Go back to Dublin Forum

Coughs.