Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLS Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

I have used parcel force to get some items off dabs. a person in my house said they heard the bell ring around 9.30am today but they left quickly, (it must of been the delivery) according to parcel force the package was delivered at 9.40 am so it must of been them. now they didn't leave a collection notice or any notice at all and obviously didn't leave the items outside the house.

so, when i tracked the delivery (on parcelforce) it states that the package was delieverd and signed for by Jackland (no idea who/ what that is) should i be worried. is this normal for GLS to do this if delivery was not completed?

where do i go from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Firstly, I sympathise with you because you used Dabs and GLS. A combination that would make the Good Lord, herself, weep.

My experience (after over 100 emails, 3 registered letters and credit card charge, debt collectors x3, a date assigned in the UK courts (which was later withdrawn), and a whole load of grief (but never once a response to my single query in all that time), Dabs still think I owe the money. Dabs wouldn't even investigate the shipment gone missing even though I had confirmed it with GLS, until 1 month after shipment date. After 1 month there was no response other than they were still investigating.

GLS delivered a different shipment to my next door neigbour and signed it as "C GARVEY" (signed, not printed).

As for your rights, you didn't sign, you didn't receive. Whether GLS signed your name or some completely unknown name (maybe the delivery driver's?) has no bearing on that. Check your wheelie bins and your neighbours (or the wheelie bin of your 4th neighbour, in my case!).

If you've no joy try rining GLS (my experience was that there was no numbers published, bar 1 which went straight to voicemail, and completely ignored), but the only one who can officially follow it up is Dabs, because they paid for it. If they don't respond within a reasonable time (they may well do, my case is 4+ years ago), then issue a charge back and be done with it.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Glass-addict

I don't know if people are fed up listening to complaints about GLS yet, but as far as I'm concerned, they're a bunch of cowboys. I sent myself a parcel from Scotland before Christmas and I still haven't gotten it. I have phoned them, emailed them, and it's like banging my head off a wall. The parcel was sent to Ireland and scanned into their warehouse. Then they lose track of it. It may have been sent back to the UK. After numerous phone calls and emails, one woman rings me and tells me it's on the way back to me in Ireland, it was their mistake, but it's ok now. Then I ring back a week later and she's gone on holiday and the girl I spoke to said it was actually somebody elses parcel and mine is lost. It's a much longer story, but I don't know what to do at this stage. I can't complain on the website, because you need a postcode even when you specify your country is Ireland. This is a delivery company? The girl I dealt with who went on holiday, deals with all complaints coming into that office, so that's pointless. The ombudsman won't deal with it cos it's not a government agency.
    Please, can anyboy gie me any ideas? Anything?
    I'm so frustrated at my treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Please, can anyboy gie me any ideas? Anything?

Invest in a solicitor and sue the pants off them, for the value of the item, the time wasted, and the stress involved.

There's not a lot else anyone can do, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Every company who operates in Ireland is supposed to have a code of practice for dealing with complaints - it's part of their licence. So try CommReg at 1890 22 9668

• Advertisement

I'll try that, thanks.
    I can't invest in a solicitor unfortunately, as I don't have any money! I just think it's disgusting the way they treat people. How are they still in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I can't invest in a solicitor unfortunately, as I don't have any money! ...

Glass-addict, it costs €15 to file a claim in Small Claims Court (see below).

In my little bit of experience with getting my due from difficult entities (eircom and gls), I have found that registered letters help much more than telephoning. That way, you have tangible, submissable evidence of having made contact, and it is an indication that you are serious. I succeeded w/ eircom this way. Took a long time though. I did not have to go to Small Claims to get my money back (€300+).

ComReg recommends going through the company's complaint procedure before engaging them in the dispute. I'd cc (copy) ComReg on everything you send to GLS anyway, in order to put GLS on notice that you are serious. [<--edited for clarity-Ban]

From ComReg site:
    If your complaint relates to one of the other postal services, which may be provided either by an Authorised Service Provider or An Post, you should contact the relevant provider, outline the complaint and ask for it to be resolved.
    [...]
    ComReg will be pleased to assist if you are unhappy with the outcome of the provider’s investigation. We will review your case and tell you if we can take further action for you.

If your complaint concerns a monetary claim, you may also take action through the Small Claims Court.
    ComReg Consumer Team
    Irish Life Centre
    Block DEF
    Lower Abbey Street
    Dublin 1.

If you prefer to skip GLS's complaint procedure, I strongly suggest that you WRITE to GLS and copy it to ComReg. Send both by registered post (€5.25 each).
    • State the problem succinctly, dates, time, value of item(s).
    • Enclose a copy of any receipts, proof of posting, etc.
    • Include dates on which you have contacted GLS previously, even the time of call if you still have that info. (The more precise detail, the more GLS sees you are informed and prepared.)
    • State all of this without editorial comment (even though they have earned an ear full.).
    • Give GLS a deadline (10 working days from receipt - and you will have proof of receipt) to respond.
    • When you don't hear from them:
    • WRITE to CommReg and cc GLS. Send all communications in writing by registered post.
    • If a timely resolution does not occur... time to move on to Small Claims Court.

Small Claims Court information (Citizens Information Board)
    • The procedure is designed to deal with consumer claims up to €2,000.
    • The current fee for making a claim in the Small Claims Court is €15 (with effect from 7th July 2008).
    A guide to small claims.pdf
    "When a Respondent is a company, rather than an individual, it is important to ascertain the correct title of the company. This may be obtained from the Companies Registration Office, telephone no. 01-8045200/1, or low call 1890 220 226. Clarifying this may entail some research on your part."
    ComReg lists GLS's official info thusly:
    General Logistics Systems Ireland
    Trading Name General Logistics Systems Ireland
    Postal Address Part Building 3, Orion Business Park, Ballycoolin, Dublin 15.
    Phone 01 8606200
    Fax 01 8606201
    Email Address service@gls-ireland.com
    From GLS's "About Us:"
    “GLS Network” means the international network between companies which are affiliated to the Dutch company General Logistics Systems B.V. and other network partners.
    “Company" means any GLS Group Member.
    “GLS Group Member" means one or other of:
    1) General Logistics Systems Ireland Limited
    2) General Parcel (Ireland) Limited
    3) Williames Logistics Limited
    4) Williames Cargo Systems Limited
    5) Information Solution (Ireland) Limited
    All located at Unit 47,Rosemount Business Park, Ballycoolin, Dublin 11.
    (Maybe they share the space with JM Roofing?! :rolleyes: I found it on a Northside Dublin Business page: Unit 47 Rosemount Park Drive, Rosemount Business Park, Dublin 11)

Another address, listed on GLS's complaint form as THE address to contact for claims:
    General Logistics Systems
    Ireland Limited
    Part Building 3,
    Orion Business Campus
    Ballycoolin
    Dublin 15

These problems have persisted for years with GLS, and ComReg have been aware. (See Oireachtas Committee Meeting - note presence of "Deputy E. Ryan").

Fortunately, I have had nothing (that I know of) go through GLS in a number of years. It lost its contract with the US Postal Service (source of most of my international parcels). I hope it has not regained it since I last checked. [ComReg site says this: "An Post took over responsibility for the delivery of all parcels from the United States from 1 January 2005. Prior to this the United States Postal Service (USPS) used General Logistics Systems (GLS) as its agent."] RESULT! :D

I wish people would inform any vendor who ships in a way that it will go through GLS of the poor service GLS renders and how it could discourage us from ordering from them in the future. In this economic climate, the information could influence vendors' shipping methods.

Good luck finding your parcel.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Good post Banished, lots of useful info there

jor el wrote: »
    Royal Mail own GLS (and Parcelfarce).

They lost a laptop that I had ordered for a guy at work. How does something go onto a truck, but not come off it?

I had something worse with Fastway. They lost a laptop that was being shipped to my job yet claimed it was delivered but had no signature. They initially tried to say I accepted the delivery, which started to raise suspicions on whether I stole the thing. Eventually they admitted it never made it on to the delivery van.

Back on topic, I've often had to use GLS and they were fine (in Kerry mind you) but I remember one of our suppliers in the job started using GLS and the deliveries never arrived when they were meant to.

Glass-addict, it costs €15 to file a claim in Small Claims Court (see below).

In my little bit of experience with getting my due from difficult entities (eircom and gls), I have found that registered letters help much more [
    [...]
    ComReg will be pleased to assist if you are unhappy with the outcome of the provider’s investigation. We will review your case and tell you if we can take further action for you.

I wish people would inform any vendor who ships in a way that it will go through GLS of the poor service GLS renders and how it could discourage us from ordering from them in the future. In this economic climate, the information could influence vendors' shipping methods.

Good luck finding your parcel.

Banished, thank you soo much, that's a huge help, and I sppreciate the time and effort you went to to do all of that! I really have (or should I say, had) no idea about what to do or where to go. I feel alot more secure now that I have the knowledge. Thank you, you've been a great help!!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 hammer1

Gls = clowns

They should have jugglers outside their office!

I paid extra to get a next day delivery from Belfast to Dublin in time for Christmas last. Phoned, phoned and phoned again but they said they had no mobile no., no one answered the phone, no on in etc etc.

I eventually got the package on the 23rd January, bit late for christmas, ruined it for me. Wrote a few emails to complain but may as well have been bangin me head against the wall. they eventually stopped replying, even when i said i'd get legal advice - totally useless!

never again! they don't give a s**t!

I know what you went through, Hammer1!
    I asked the girl whom I was unsuccessfully dealing with at the time who to send a complaint to, and she said they only accept email complaints and I have to send it through her!! What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Anyone know the number of the GLS Knock depot? Not on their web site.

I have the same problem, package is out for delivery but has no phone number on the label so I will try and contact the delivery man directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Try this 0949367787. Its been a while since I had the joy of calling them so I don't know if it still works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

ARGINITE wrote: »
    Try this 0949367787. Its been a while since I had the joy of calling them so I don't know if it still works.

Thanks, but I had sent them an email this morning with my home phone number which they rang and lo and behold! package arrived before lunch. They even replied to my email to tell me it had been delivered.

So I guess the golden rule is to make sure they have a contact phone number or else you will have trouble.

Of course I'm in the phone book so in theory they could have contacted me....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Does anyone know where exactly GLS are located in Ballycoolin. I looked up the Stadium Business Park on Google maps and can't find them, even with street view. Are they near the Office Depot building?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Bit of a zombie, thread, but I think I can help - Apparently they're actually in Rosemount Bus Park according to the Goldenpages, that would be here on Google maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Does anyone know where exactly GLS are located in Ballycoolin. I looked up the Stadium Business Park on Google maps and can't find them, even with street view. Are they near the Office Depot building?

Thanks.

My memory is pretty rusty but I'm sure that GLS share the building with the Office Depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

Hey all.

Well after much consideration I decided to write this here. I seen I'm not the only one to have an issue with GLS but I had to share my FUN experience with you.

Today after a week trying to get a parcel that GLS are "delivering" for me (i use delivering for lack of a better word) I was told yesterday that the parcel would be here today.
    Note that I contacted them Friday about 3 attempted and failed deliveries I found out had occurred via the tracking website.

Anyway, 3 o clock came and I found it odd that nothing had arrived so I checked the tracking again. This is what I find

"Not delivered Wrong address"
    This implies that after giving them the amended address twice since Friday that I dont know my own address. I was also asked yesterday for a phone number so the driver could contact use, when I emailed GLS AGAIN (4th time today) I was told
    The driver has advised that there was no reply on the contact number 04******** provided today. This implies that I'm deaf as I'd the phone with me ALL DAY, no missed calls, and one short one out (2 minutes).

I wouldnt be rambling here if this was only the first time I've had these issues.

A couple years back I had a computer monitor left at my backroom, in a recycling bin and my signature forged by the driver so he wouldnt have to come back. When I contacted GLS about this I was told I signed it and in turned asked them "then why the f*** was it in the recycling bin?" I never got a response.

Another time a mobile phone was brought to the house and left again, at the back room, under some boxes, which were about to be tossed out, our signature, once again forged by the driver. On those occasions they had no issue finding us but when I'm here all day waiting they never show and dont ring.

The worst part is, according to the tracking centre my address is
    Meatsla Meatsla so no wonder they're having so many issues, they're trying to deliver it to an imaginary reformed soviet country!

I have now sent them 2 amended addresses and 2 phone numbers, all the same, no difference and I have proof.
    FedEx have been able to find me & DPD have had no issues either but soon as GLS get their hands on a parcel you may as well kiss it good bye for the foreseeable future.

Not only can they not find your house, they cant get addresses right, phone numbers right but they also lie to you about imaginary phone calls.

Now I'm not getting at the people in the support centre, its not their fault the drivers couldnt find their own asses with both hands but they must get sick of complaints. If I had had another choice I'd have picked someone else but I wasnt given the choice of carrier, and when your paying 10-15euro for standard GLS delivery you expect, at the very least, to get your parcel on time, if not a day MAYBE even two late due to address issues.

My parcel has been in GLS storage for 6 days now, 2 attempts at delivery were made in that time. They have a house number and an bloody address and yet, no parcel.

Its ridiculous, they're paid to provide a service and in any other industry if you acted like they did then you would do less and less business, if I told people in Gamestop (when I worked there) that I had the game in the back but it'd cost them extra to get it and then took a week to get it for them with excuses up the wazoo then I'd loose my job! Yet GLS is still making "deliveries" and we can do nothing about it.
    If you dont believe me look at this:

11/12/2012 12:04 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 4.32 Not delivered Wrong address
    11/12/2012 09:05 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 11.0 Out for delivery on GLS vehicle
    11/12/2012 07:32 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 2.0 Inbound to GLS location
    10/12/2012 09:39 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 8.0 Stored
    07/12/2012 09:31 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 8.0 Stored
    06/12/2012 09:13 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 8.0 Stored
    05/12/2012 20:59 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 8.0 Stored
    05/12/2012 15:17 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 4.32 Not delivered Wrong address
    05/12/2012 08:24 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 11.0 Out for delivery on GLS vehicle
    05/12/2012 06:50 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 2.0 Inbound to GLS location
    04/12/2012 16:28 IE 210 Ballycoolin, Ireland 0.0 Inbound to GLS location

This is the log from the tracking site.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aurora2012

Hello,

I guess we had to deal with the same driver unable to read adresses. :D One was supposed to pick-up a parcel (that I'm sending to France from Dublin) today and I'm still waiting...no call either. I sat home all day for nothing and I guess I can forget about my money since it's prepaid. :( I opened a dispute on Paypal but I doubt it will be useful.
    GLS has a bad reputation in lots of countries and also in France their drivers are famous to get lost quite often...
    Hope your parcel will find it's way home soon!

• Advertisement

I would NEVER ship with them! They are so insulting, they asked me for a mobile number today to, but since they didnt call the house phone I dont think a mobile would make any difference.

I hope it gets here to. Was meant to be next day delivery, its already missed the birthday it was intended for. I even ordered it a week and a half ahead of schedule. Took the company 4 days to ship it due to high demand.

Hope Paypal refund you and you can ship with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into bigger GLS thread

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    Merged into bigger GLS thread

dudara

Thanks i didnt realize there was a main topic about this. I did search but it didnt come up.
    We finally made headway tonight, at 8pm when we were called by 2 people, one asked did we want to speak to the driver, then the driver called us back from the same number, trying to convince us he was calling off a mobile. He informed us it'd be here in the morning, but I was told that 2 days ago.
    Its amazing what happens when you contact the company that paid them as well as their own support and post on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aurora2012

Did you finally get your parcel ?

As for me, they said that the driver didn't come because of traffic jam (lol) and he'll call me this evening to arrange the parcel collection. Why didn't he call me yesterday then or came today ?!!!

It arrived today at 5pm, after being told it'd be there between 9 and 10am. I guess though we got it in the end.
    We also had to ASK to sign for it, as the driver didnt offer that choice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement