Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Rates-What to do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Trampas

Mitzy wrote: »
    ** Also IIB customers be aware, they are ringing customers who are on good tracker rate margins & offering them excellent fixed rate options. While the fixed rates are good, you will do much better to stay on your tracker in the long term.

I got one of them letters. When I see fixed rates offers which look very tempting must mean rates are going down so they can make the most from you. I'm on tracker + .75% and not moving for the moment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Trampas wrote: »
    I got one of them letters. When I see fixed rates offers which look very tempting must mean rates are going down so they can make the most from you. I'm on tracker + .75% and not moving for the moment

Nice one getting the tracker @ .75% while it was going.......
    It'll be a long time before there are offers like that available again!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

im due to draw down my mortguage in about 4 weeks.... if the interest rates drop in say 2 weeks from now are they likly to drop again within a week say?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Purely working of my own logic, i would think that banks would be very quick to pass on a rate cut, as there is a lot of business waiting for the first cut in a long while and i would hope the banks would be eager for the business. In saying that tho', since when have the banks acted logically?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They'll drop or rise a maximum of once a month unless something extraordinary occurs in the mean time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

can someone tell me what kind of mortgage this is

IIB "Flexi annuity"....is it a tracker?? my rate is currently 5.64%, havnt had any notification from them as yet about the recent decrease

cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

celtic1888 wrote: »
    can someone tell me what kind of mortgage this is

IIB "Flexi annuity"....is it a tracker?? my rate is currently 5.64%, havnt had any notification from them as yet about the recent decrease

cheers

A flexi-Annuity mortgage is simply a mortgage in which you are paying off a portion of the principle along with the interest on a monthly basis. Some borrowers have flexi-annuity mortgages which allow you to pay off a varying amount of the principle along with the interest on a monthly basis. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the interest rate being charged on the mortgage though.......

Advertisement