Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 09 Prices

Options
  • 29-09-2008 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

I know theres a thread involving Fifa 09, but I figured this is a bit different and solely directed at how much its going to be in various stores. Anyone have any quotes from any shops on how much its gonna be on release day next friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tesco had a promotion last year where they sold fifa 08 really cheap, I think it was €40 on the 360 iirc? Maybe they'll do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I think i will just get my copy in Smyth's up here in the North trade in 08 and get the Irish cover and not be stuck with Wanye Rooney on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

€55 is the cheapest i've seen it so far (Play.com)

Smyths-€65 on xbox 360 and ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I think i will just get my copy in Smyth's up here in the North trade in 08 and get the Irish cover and not be stuck with Wanye Rooney on it.

Because Richard Dunne is such a babe?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Argos catalog says €60, asked gamestop today they said €65 and golden disks didn't know yet.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

It'll be cos he's a city supporter!

Petty or what! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Its gonna be 60 euro in Tesco so its looking like similar prices in most shops

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Nah cause i just dont like Rooney :)

Plus with the Smyths card you get 10% off for the first week of the release

Headspin wrote: »
    It'll be cos he's a city supporter!

Petty or what! :)

City till i die is for shock horror Derry City.

• Advertisement

City till i die is for shock horror Derry City.

I stand corrected!

No offence intended.....:)

Was looking at trading in fifa 08 and i was getting €8 for it. That was the best price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

www.shopto.net looks like you can get it for under 50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

twitchy bum time on if it turns up Friday though :)

Was looking at trading in fifa 08 and i was getting €8 for it. That was the best price.

Gamestop? did you try Xtravision? they are usually loads better for trade prices!

Yeah Xtravision was the best. But there is no point. I will just give 08 to a mate . Would rather give it to somebody who wants it and will play it .

Yeah Xtravision was the best. But there is no point. I will just give 08 to a mate . Would rather give it to somebody who wants it and will play it .

Wise and noble choice! I hate being fleeced by the buggers! i'd rather not give them the pleasure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

i got it today. Its class the best Fifa by far. Much more reponsive and polished.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

ROC1977 wrote: »
    i got it today. Its class the best Fifa by far. Much more reponsive and polished.

Where did you get it btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Do Tesco put the games out at midnight of the release day?

• Advertisement

I got it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

I heard an ad on the radio today that Smyths have a trade in offer of 2 old games and get fifa 09 free but I think they (the games) have to be of a certain standard..anyone know more about it? tried their webiste but got nothing.

You can trade in 2 games in gamestop too. But pay a tenner also for all new games. Also if you buy the force unleashed and finish it in week they will give you a credit note for the game.

As far as the trade in' s go. Normally any game that isn't a platinum game or too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I see Tesco UK will be selling Fifa '09 for less than £30 (€37.50), I wonder will Tesco here do something similar (€50?) here at the last minute (wishful thinking I suppose)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I heard an ad on the radio today that Smyths have a trade in offer of 2 old games and get fifa 09 free but I think they (the games) have to be of a certain standard..anyone know more about it? tried their webiste but got nothing.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also does anyone know if mahon point will sell fifa 09 at midnight?

ye was in Smyths at lunch time. They do it for every game alright. You can trade in two games for it BUT they have to be of a trade in value of €34 in total.
    Like ther trade in value of fifa 08 is €8, GTA is worth €24 and Fight Night is worth €12.
    You have to ask them in store how much the value of your games are worth!
    She said you can trade in more like 3-4 games to make up the €34 but I doubt you'll want to part with that many games!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ye was in Smyths at lunch time. They do it for every game alright. You can trade in two games for it BUT they have to be of a trade in value of €34 in total.
    Like ther trade in value of fifa 08 is €8, GTA is worth €24 and Fight Night is worth €12.
    You have to ask them in store how much the value of your games are worth!
    She said you can trade in more like 3-4 games to make up the €34 but I doubt you'll want to part with that many games!

Weren't selling in then by any chance?

sadly not mate...not til tomorrow! its €58 without loyalty card and €53 with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

€58 is reasonable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Tescos might be selling it for 40 yo yo's though.

Advertisement