Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoopid people who save a seat for their bag on public transport

Options
  • 23-09-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

It REALLY annoys me! I do it myself, but only when a bus is pretty much empty, once I see more and more people getting on, I move it before I'm asked to. I remember one day, there was literally only 1 seat left, and it was occupied by a girl's bag, I politely asked could I sit there, and she made this show of sighing really loudly as if it was such a huge inconveneince....silly biatch...:mad::mad::mad:

Do YOU do this? If so....SHAME ON YOU!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's perfectly understandable that no-one wants ugly people like you to sit next to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I always lie across all 5 of the back seats even when there are people standing up the front

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I keep one of these on the seat next to me.

No one wants to wake a sleeping cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I like my space, but when the bus starts to fill up I'll move my bag.

I never could understand why people get offended when people don;t sit beside them on the bus. I prefer being on my own, leg room ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Try riding the f*cking U-Bahn (underground) in Munich every bleedin day. This sort of sh!t goes on and more.

I'm glad I only have a couple more weeks of it or I'd go all Finnish on their asses :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

KTRIC wrote: »
    I'm glad I only have a couple more weeks of it or I'd go all Finnish on their asses :D

That might be a tad soon...

well for these public style forums anyway...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

KTRIC wrote: »
    Give them one of your power balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Shoulda cúntpunted her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Wazdakka wrote: »
    That might be a tad soon...

well for these public style forums anyway...

:p

I don't know what you mean ?? Its a local saying :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

It's easily solved by using the dog whisperer Cesar Milan's technique of "Positive Reinforcement".

What you do is stand nearby and wait for the bus to pick up speed. When you feel yourself rocking back from the buses thrust quickly grab hold of the bag, loop it around their neck and fling it out the bus window. The "drag" from the buses motion will apply a strong, yet non lethal pressure equivalent of a choke chain.

After doing this a couple of times the subject will begin to draw the conclusion that being a rude cunt ends with them gasping and choking for breath and the negative behavior should cease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I find pissing on yourself keeps most people from sitting beside you. Its extra affective if you piss on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The Bollox wrote: »
    I like my space, but when the bus starts to fill up I'll move my bag.

+1

I asked this old guy to move his bag so i could sit down once, he let me then got up and stormed to the back of the bus to find another seat. So i ended up with a dual seat free and he was squashed in with some fatso at the back:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

antodeco wrote: »
    I find pissing on yourself keeps most people from sitting beside you. Its extra affective if you piss on them.

Yeah, people like you are the reason I avoid the back of the 7 :p

I asked this old guy to move his bag so i could sit down once, he let me then got up and stormed to the back of the bus to find another seat. So i ended up with a dual seat free and he was squashed in with some fatso at the back:confused:

did he happen to be holding a packet of Marylands? he could have been afraid you were going to go for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

ozzyoh wrote: »
    It REALLY annoys me! I do it myself, but only when a bus is pretty much empty, once I see more and more people getting on, I move it before I'm asked to. I remember one day, there was literally only 1 seat left, and it was occupied by a girl's bag, I politely asked could I sit there, and she made this show of sighing really loudly as if it was such a huge inconveneince....silly biatch...:mad::mad::mad:

Do YOU do this? If so....SHAME ON YOU!

Im the same I did it when in college when the bus was empty, out of convenience so I could read my notes or whatever on the way home. I remember one night at about 8pm there was only me upstairs and this woman came up and stood over me and said NOTHING until I moved the bag (I was so intimidated at this point!) and she sat down beside me!!!

AWKWARD!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

peanuthead wrote: »
    Im the same I did it when in college when the bus was empty, out of convenience so I could read my notes or whatever on the way home. I remember one night at about 8pm there was only me upstairs and this woman came up and stood over me and said NOTHING until I moved the bag (I was so intimidated at this point!) and she sat down beside me!!!

AWKWARD!!!!!

Man, missed opportunity. She was so hot for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

AWKWARD!!!!!

That's kinda freaky - I mean, why would she choose to sit beside you when every other seat is free? You should have said "Sorry, I'm not interested." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

i always pretent to be asleep if i think my ill have to let some one sit beside me. most of the time it doen't work, no big deal really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

yeah she was a wierdo alright!!

haha, I remember this guy fell asleep on the bus and this girl then came on and sat beside him. Bus was really full and there were no more available seats when the guy, still asleep, collapses onto the girl and starts snoring while propped up against her shoulder. She was so embarrassed!!

Ive seen alot of funny things on the busses alright! And some horrible things too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Kold wrote: »
    Shoulda cúntpunted her.

That my Pedo Bear'd friend is otherwise known as a Cooter Punch.

• Advertisement

Ive seen alot of funny things on the busses alright! And some horrible things too.

that's where you draw the line between a bus and a nitelink

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭diamondp

Got on a bus and there was only one seat left and a old lady had her sewing machine on it, when i ask her to move it she said no sorry :eek: i had paid my money for a seat on the bus and i was going to get it. so i ask her how much did it cost for the ticket she had bought for her sewing machine and when she said i didnt buy it a ticket then i told her to move it cause i did. :D cheeky i no put i did pay for a seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I just sit on the bag.

Simple.

• Moderators Posts: 51,733 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I ask them to move as it looks like the bag is sleeping.:pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Don't use public transport myself, but I'd ask for the bag to be moved, and if the move wasn't forthcoming I'd sit on the fcuking thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Why do people always ask 'is someone sitting there?' when they see the vacant seat as well.

I always make the seat tapping motion whenever anyone thinks about sitting next to me, and throw in a wink as well ;)

Always guarantee's a free seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Overature wrote: »
    i always pretent to be asleep if i think my ill have to let some one sit beside me. most of the time it doen't work, no big deal really

I find it does work quite well. Sit in such a way as to take up too much room and pretend to be asleep. Someone will always choose a different empty seat rather than having to talk to the sleeping guy. Now, it probably won't work if its the very last seat on the bus, but up until that point...

zAbbo wrote: »
    Why do people always ask 'is someone sitting there?' when they see the vacant seat as well.

I always make the seat tapping motion whenever anyone thinks about sitting next to me, and throw in a wink as well ;)

Always guarantee's a free seat.

...what bus do you get? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,007 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just bring a bottle of water, and empty the contents onto the seat next to you.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Just bring a bottle of water, and empty the contents onto the seat next to you.

I like a bit of moistness on a bus. Combined with the vibrations, you're sure for a win! :pac:

Advertisement