Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Popping one off" at work - Yay/Nay?

Options
  • 19-09-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

So I've been throwing in considerably long hours at my place of work recently, talking 7 days a week/more time spent at work than at home kind of thing. And it's, on more than one occasion, arisen that, well, you know, you get stressed, and one things leads to another.

Now that got me contemplating the idea, is it wrong to rub one off at work??

Obviously it wouldn't be done under the office table, but in a toilet (preferably empty...)

On a side note, I do remember when I was back in college, you'd often hear lads at it in the library jacks - study stress I put it down to!

"Self Service" at Work?? 164 votes

Yes, all the time.
    0% 0 votes
    No, you sick b*stard.
    12% 20 votes
    Only if I really need it
    35% 58 votes
    No, I never do it anywhere. (i.e. I'm a liar)
    52% 86 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

Absolutely. The risk of getting caught is a huge turn on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pretty sure this was done recently and a lot of people had cracked one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mr. Bean

Its a yay for me. I wont lie, I've done it. We've all done it. Had one in college aswell....nearly got caught by the cleaner lady "herro, can i COME in"...."nice choice of words missus"

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Ok I didn't take it from that angle at all!

But whatever floats your boat I suppose! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

That is why - even when I am going deaf from pushing a hefty and clinging desperately to the toilet paper dispenser, I still hover and never make contact - cos you never know.

• Advertisement

hada wrote: »
    Ok I didn't take it from that angle at all!

But whatever floats your boat I suppose! :o

Yeh it's my next favourite thing after feltching and munting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Best thing to do after your "de-stress" is put some of your man muck on items in the lav. Eg: door handles, taps and flush levers. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Yeh it's my next favourite thing after feltching and munting :pac:

wayyy too much talk about those two activities on AF for it to have any heterosexual credibility left anymore! :rolleyes:

chem wrote: »
    Best thing to do after your "de-stress" is put some of your man muck on items in the lav. Eg: door handles, taps and flush levers. :P

Man muck. Classic.

I'm sure someone will mention that 'man muck' is all that a man has to offer in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Mr. Bean wrote: »
    We've all done it.

I havent... am i a freak? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mr. Bean

topper75 wrote: »
    even when I am going deaf from pushing a hefty

Holy ****...i thought this only happened to me! what is it that causes the deafness?? seriously, not joking, i need to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Mr. Bean wrote: »
    Holy ****...i thought this only happened to me! what is it that causes the deafness?? seriously, not joking, i need to know

Blood pressure! When you are going for one, and pushing:o the muscles used also cause the blood pressure to increase. This is one of the reasons a lie detector is no longer used in courts. If someone used the same muscles as when going for a poo while the test was been preformed, it would give a reading of increase in blood pressure. So if blood pressure only increased when a lie was told and the person used his pushing muscles while giving a sample question, it would debunk any readings after that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Galvasean wrote: »
    I havent... am i a freak? :confused:
    Well, given the amount of corroborating evidence ... :pac:

Meh, I can't say I never have, esp. given the kind of context the OP outlined, but it wouldn't exactly be at the top of my "Things I get a kick out of doing" list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Make the poll public :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

there's nothing better than a little mid-morning stress release. I only do it if I really have to but it takes all the stress out of your work for a while. I consider them my smoke breaks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I'm popping one off right now :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The Bollox wrote: »
    there's nothing better than a little mid-morning stress release. I only do it if I really have to but it takes all the stress out of your work for a while.
    You're just playing catch-up! :D
    The Bollox wrote: »
    I consider them my smoke breaks :D
    :eek:

I hope at least you smoke king-size!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I remember from secondary a guy in my class calling this a panic ****.

He said he called his ma, while beating:o and got some extra gratification from this???

I have yet to try it.

Seems as it has not been mentioned yet yore ma beats mine at work.... sorry....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,108 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Are you kidding? Nothing turns me off quicker than work. If I worked 60 hours I week, I'd be a priest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Sometimes work is just plain boring.

Sometime your thoughts run away with you.

Sometimes you just get the 'twinge'

Sometimes you gotta stroke that...... (rhymes with above). ha ha.

Never in cubicles though.... Too distracting.... Disabled toilet (no disabled people in work, so) ftw. Roomy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Are you kidding? Nothing turns me off quicker than work. If I worked 60 hours I week, I'd be a priest.
    QFT. I can't understand how you could want to choke one's chicken in work- nothing sexually appealing about it on any level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Some DRY months it has to be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Supposedly there was a priest in Dublin 12 that used to do that while hearing confessions ! Very stressful listening to all those 'dirty thought stories',
    and no - I've not got pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Tri wrote: »
    Sometimes you just get the 'twinge'
    It's rare but that awful tense aching sensation is so uncomfortable, there really is no other option...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

topper75 wrote: »
    That is why - even when I am going deaf from pushing a hefty and clinging desperately to the toilet paper dispenser, I still hover and never make contact - cos you never know.

Afraid of getting pregnant?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yes, damn it. Then I can say I'm paid to do what I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ever walk into the bathroom and see an oscillating shadow in the cubicle? Yeah.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sorry for oscillating on yore ma. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Dudess wrote: »
    It's rare but that awful tense aching sensation is so uncomfortable, there really is no other option...
    No other option at all, Dudess.

/sighs.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement