Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Eden Lake

• 19-09-2008 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 Solarball10

Went to see this last night and was genuinely terrified. The fact that something like this can actually happen (I think it might have...was it based on a true story, does anyone know?) makes it seriously scary...I was even scared of coming across a bunch of scumbags on my way back up Henry Street afterwards!
    Thought the b/f was stupid to ever confront them in first place though, I reckon they should have just up and left

Some gruesome scenes, where I had to look away...
    eg. when they were all taking turns to stab the b/f, and when that sharp yoke went right up thorough her foot *shudders*

Brilliant twist at the end,
    I genuinely thought she was safe when she went into that place, but it turned out all the scumbags families were gathered together!

Excellent horror movie, makes a change from all those "ghost"-y/serial killer ones!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,935 ✭✭✭✭ TerrorFirmer

Not a bad movie at all, a bit far fetched in spots though. Grim ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭ Thumpette

I thought it was excellent- was a struggle to sit through it- and more of a thriller than a horror but great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭ generalgerry

I watched this movie the other night and thought it was excellent. So I thought I would dig up the thread.

A few silly plot issues, like why the f**k did they keep going back to the beach with the scumbags there and leaving their jeep outside! If this had been done a little bit better it could have been a classic, but as it is it is still an excellent movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 peddlelies

One of my favourite horror movies, the ending is so terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭ fmul9798

This was deserving of a thread resurrection. Very enjoyable movie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement