Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communist Propaganda

Options
  • 17-09-2008 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭

You couldn't make it up, but they could - no trouble.

There are various East German links on this site covering 1949 to 1989, many showing the "truth" about the West. One of the "truths" being that the US dropped Colorado beetles onto East Germany to decimate the spuds.

http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/gdrmain.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The Democratic Republic of Korea's official website is definitely the cold war frozen in time. This is a link to one of their "educational" pages relating to those "Yankee Imperialists" I think that it says that the Americans got beaten to a pulp by the "Great Leader" etc.., but I can't fathom how they arrived at that conclusion.

I expect that some people must believe the story, but I think that a certain amount of salt is required..

http://www.korea-dpr.com/mother.htm

The site has a bit of a shop going, where you can buy all kinds of wonderful stuff (priced in dollars:pac:)

When I saw the site a couple of years ago, you could even sponsor the purchase of bags of corn, but it didn't say why. The people are obviously not starving any more :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

saw a great film the other day called the silent brigade well it was till the end
    when the people of prauge found themselves in silence just as they ran out of ammo. where were the germans ?? well the great red army crushed them of course. god you should have seen it pure propaganda the real good red stuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The Democratic Republic of Korea's official website is definitely the cold war frozen in time.

That's hilarious.

No mention of the Chinese either. Guess the Yankee Imperialists must have imagined them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Dinter wrote: »
    That's hilarious.

No mention of the Chinese either. Guess the Yankee Imperialists must have imagined them.

I hope that you bought a "Propaganda Model 6" Wall-clock for $19.19 - look good in your living room.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I hope that you bought a "Propaganda Model 6" Wall-clock for $19.19 - look good in your living room.:D

Nah, I was trying to get some souvenir Yellow Cake Uranium but apparently you've to be friends with the "Glorious Leader" for that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement