Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Tram Bouncing" Craze

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Maybe have the drivers push a button when they see this about to happen. This button would cover the doors in a strong, quick drying adhesive. That would be humerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

Saruman wrote: »
    Its not like he can aim for the scummers.
    unfortunately
    connundrum wrote: »
    Solid advice there.

I'd say let them at it
    yep, a few less idiots in the world is fine by me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I hear you can get a better bounce from the front of the Luas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

They aren't doing it right...?

They should be throwing themselves out in front of the tram!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

is this fun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

is this fun?
    id say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

This isn't purely a "scobie/skanger" thing.

I knew a gang of lads from Gonzaga who were doing this at the Luas around Harcourt St one night.

Snobs can be stupid too.

Snobs trying to act like skangers. It's the in thing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

obl wrote: »
    Maybe have the drivers push a button when they see this about to happen. This button would cover the doors in a strong, quick drying adhesive. That would be humerous.

Or open both the doors on either side and let the idiots fly right through.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Or just open the doors and watch them fall in.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Mary Harney, thrush and a good coating of discharge on the tram. Nightmares and penile dysfunction will ensue, forever!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

it's just natures way of weeding out the stupid. it helps make the Human race more intelligent.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

OFDM wrote: »
    I was told by a friend of mine last week that some of the local scobies on the red Luas line have taken to what's apparently called "tram bouncing" - it's where one of the said scobies runs at the moving Luas and "bounces" their bodies off the doors.

I didn't believe it myself until I saw on kid do it up near the Rialto Luas stop. He bounced and then fell on his arse on the grass at the side of the track. I was kicking myself I didn't get video of it.

At least they're getting some exercise! :rolleyes:

OMG, that's unreal, people are still using the word scobie...

They should cover the train doors in fly paper, so that when they go to "bounce" they get stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Snobs trying to act like skangers. It's the in thing at the moment.

Got the bus thro leafy Clontarf a while ago, and spotted a group of young Canterbury wearing Rugger-bugger types hid behind a bush looking a bit mischievous.
    Just as the bus goes by them, I could see an arm going back, and an object being hurled the upstairs windows.... it was a water bomb!!
    They may try, but they FAIL hilariously!!!

Don't they know a brick or clump of fireworks is the proper way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I knew a gang of lads from Gonzaga who were doing this

I thought you were talking about some far flung African country there for a minute. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

It would. untill the driver gets done for murder.

A friend of a friend works for Irish Rail, apparently it is quiet common for people to throw themselves in front of the train to commit suicide, the drivers always hope they get a jumper cause if they are driving they get three months off work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

buckieburd wrote: »
    A friend of a friend works for Irish Rail, apparently it is quiet common for people to throw themselves in front of the train to commit suicide, the drivers always hope they get a jumper cause if they are driving they get three months off work!!!

No they don't. It's actually quite traumatic for drivers who run people over even though they know they're not at fault. In London there's a serious problem with Tube drivers being denied counselling by their employers and not being allowed to talk to the media about their experiences due to a clause in their contracts.

(The above may be true or may all be made up. I can't remember.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

the drivers always hope they get a jumper cause if they are driving they get three months off work!!!

Yeah, I'd say it'd be cold up front in the older trains alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭abitlonely

the drivers always hope they get a jumper cause if they are driving they get three months off work!!!

Sounds fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    No they don't. It's actually quite traumatic for drivers who run people over even though they know they're not at fault. In London there's a serious problem with Tube drivers being denied counselling by their employers and not being allowed to talk to the media about their experiences due to a clause in their contracts.

(The above may be true or may all be made up. I can't remember.)

The tube drivers love it. Theu get about nine months off on full pay for counselling. (OK, Maybe love it is a but harsh, but they get well looked after)

All the New stations have platform doors to stop this happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Just put an 2"x2" angle iron brace on the inside of a few of the doors. They will be in for a shock when they try to bounce from these. :D

Or paint them with Solvite :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Hopefully they'll start doing it on trains!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Got the bus thro leafy Clontarf a while ago, and spotted a group of young Canterbury wearing Rugger-bugger types hid behind a bush looking a bit mischievous.
    Just as the bus goes by them, I could see an arm going back, and an object being hurled the upstairs windows.... it was a water bomb!!
    They may try, but they FAIL hilariously!!!

Don't they know a brick or clump of fireworks is the proper way...

was it at least filled with paint, or even ketchup or something of the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Now this is Tram Jumping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

foinse wrote: »
    was it at least filled with paint, or even ketchup or something of the likes?

Nope, just water.

Actually, it was probably filled with San Pellegrino...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Wow, they get to run people over and get rewarded for it with three months off work. And on top of that they go on strike whenever they feel like it.

That's it. I'm becoming a train driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

connundrum wrote: »
    I'd say let them at it, but what we'll probably have is the bleedin hearts coming out saying that we need to stop this pactice i.e. employing security crowd to patrol the tracks.. then bang and your Luas fare goes up by 10% per journey.

Did you not know it's all the fault of the middle classes for not providing enough playgrounds and yoof clubs for them to spend their time in?

Advertisement