Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrorthon (23-27 October)

Options
  • 16-09-2008 2:20pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK I Have the dates but no other details as of yet.
    That was all I could find on the IFC web site.
    Im planing on heading into horrothon this year any one else?

if any on gets any more film details post here.
    I did look at a list of up and coming horror films and over half of them are remakes, so lets hope the other half are good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah I'll go if there's something that interests me. I'd love to see The Thing on the big screen but I understand that they showed it at a previous horrorthon a few years ago so it's unlikely they'll show it again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Looking forward to it this year, hopefully there will be some decent films on show. Surprise film was a let down last year when they showed Shrooms which was god awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Didnt go to any of the showings last year as frankly none of them really appealed to me.Will wait and see what the line up is.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

AH i liked Shrooms, there are a lot of films coming out soon so Im sure 1 of them will be a suprise showing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭mbv

The only thing that appeals to me about the horrorthon is the special guests they have and maybe one or two films throughout the weekend. It seems to have gone a bit stale lately.

The last time I went the surprise film was 'See no evil' I was so scared I ran out of the cinema crying.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

mbv wrote: »
    The only thing that appeals to me about the horrorthon is the special guests they have and maybe one or two films throughout the weekend. It seems to have gone a bit stale lately.

The last time I went the surprise film was 'See no evil' I was so scared I ran out of the cinema crying.:rolleyes:

I've been going for the last few years, and have to say that I thought last years one was great fun!

I don't think you can go to the horrorthon and be too serious about films.

Anyway, they released a list of films, but I don't think everything has been 100% confirmed yet:

THURSDAY OCTOBER 23rd

QUARANTINE
    BAD BIOLOGY

FRIDAY OCTOBER 24th

TOBE HOOPER'S THE FUNHOUSE (1981)
    FRIDAY THE 13th PART V - A NEW BEGINNING ??? (Paramount)
    MINDFLESH + Short Film : INTO THE MIRROR
    TIME CRIMES
    NIGHT OF THE LEPUS (1972)

SATURDAY OCTOBER 25th

THE WITCHES
    THE IGUANA WITH THE TONGUE OF FIRE
    THE HUNGER (25th anniversary)
    THE DISAPPEARED
    CHILD'S PLAY (20th anniversary)
    LET THE RIGHT ONE IN ??? (Momentum) + Short Film : DEAD BONES
    SEER

SUNDAY OCTOBER 26th

GRINDHOUSE TRAILERS
    MUM & DAD
    SURPRISE FILM
    MARTYRS
    EMANUELLE AND THE WHITE SLAVE TRADE
    GHOSTWOOD

MONDAY OCTOBER 27th

PLAGUE TOWN
    GEORGE A. ROMERO'S DAWN OF THE DEAD (30th anniversary)
    NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD
    JAWS 2 (30th anniversary)
    THE MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

"INTO THE MIRROR" is a must see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Let the right one in, Martyrs, Mum & Dad and Meadnight Meat Train interest me out of that lot.

Interested in seeing Bad Biology.Its Frank Henenlotters new movie and his first since 92.For those that dont know he is the man behind the Basket Case trilogy and Frankenhooker.Here is a trailer for BB

NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK

http://www.dreadcentral.com/videodread/?bcpid=464121041&bclid=1329235037&bctid=1442372416

Would also love to see Dawn of the Dead on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I would also love to see Dawn of the Dead on the big screen. Also interested in Midnight Meat Train, Let The Right One In and Martyrs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, I might take a trip over yonder just to see Let The Right One In.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Pretty disappointing line up. I've been going since the first year and this looks, well, crap. As usual there's way too many old movies being shown. I might just end up going to see 2 or 3 films this year.

can't say I know too much about a good number of the films on there. I will be getting the 5 day ticket though. The only film I'm dissappointed in seeing on the schedule is Jaws 2. Usually it's a bit more of a landmark movie shown on the monday.

Cactus Col wrote: »
    can't say I know too much about a good number of the films on there. I will be getting the 5 day ticket though. The only film I'm dissappointed in seeing on the schedule is Jaws 2. Usually it's a bit more of a landmark movie shown on the monday.

Dawn of the Dead?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

well Im up for going to see that Quarantine and dawn of the dead.

As some one who has never been to this thing before how does hte 5 day ticket work is it worth my while as There is about 4 films I want to go see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Interested in seeing Bad Biology.Its Frank Henenlotters new movie and his first since 92.For those that dont know he is the man behind the Basket Case trilogy and Frankenhooker.Here is a trailer for BB

NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK

http://www.dreadcentral.com/videodread/?bcpid=464121041&bclid=1329235037&bctid=1442372416

Would also love to see Dawn of the Dead on the big screen.

Thats quite the trailer. Can't say the flick looks all that good. I did like the Basket Case films but that looks like a bit of a departure.

Gonna be away for all but the 1st and last night. Defo gonna see Dawn of the Dead. Been meaning to watch that again for ages at this stage.

I'll skip quarantine coz I only recently saw [REC]. Will look into the other films on the last night. Jaws 2 gets a big 'meh' from me.

Ah I know that but how often will the chance to watch a movie like this on the big screen come around?

I can't believe I'm the only one excited about Let The Right One In, everyone here should be at the least intruiged, it's been getting amazing reviews.

Had never even heard of that but the trailer does look pretty damn interesting.

Posted it over on Films as well, but here's a shiny new US trailer for the film:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lot of interesting stuff in there, Bad Biology is definitely my keenest interest....Midnight Meat Train as well. I know I've looked at the others in detail, I just can't match titles to plots - time to IMDB it.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Dawn of the Dead?

oh yeah ... had forgotten that ... should be on in the jaws 2 slot!

Looking forward to Dawn of the Dead ... haven't watched it in years, but always considered it to be pretty over rated, and quite honestly boring. Hopefully this will be a good environment to see it in and I'll see what everyone else seems to see in it.

Cactus Col wrote: »

considered it to be pretty over rated, and quite honestly boring.

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WadeTalon

I can't believe I'm the only one excited about Let The Right One In, everyone here should be at the least intruiged, it's been getting amazing reviews.

Im with you on this one, This movie has been getting rave reviews, Really looking forward to it. Some Hollywood producer has already bought up the rights for the re-make and it hasn't even received a general release yet.

Im also looking forward to The Hunger, And Im interested how Midnight Meat train has turned out, having read the original short story in Clive Bakers Books of Blood

Here's an update:
    Here is how the programme is looking, there may be a slight change but not by much...

THURSDAY OCTOBER 23rd

20.30 : QUARANTINE
    22.30 : BAD BIOLOGY

FRIDAY OCTOBER 24th

14.00 : THE FUNHOUSE (1981)
    15.45 : EVIL DEAD 2
    17.30 : SAW V
    19.15 : MINDFLESH + Short Film : INTO THE MIRROR
    21.00 : TIME CRIMES
    23.00 : NIGHT OF THE LEPUS

SCREEN 2

23.00 : SEER

SATURDAY OCTOBER 25th

SCREEN 2

11.00 : Roland Dahl's THE WITCHES (Children's Halloween Horror Film)

MEETING ROOM

11.00 : TIM SULLIVAN : MASTERCLASS IN LOW BUDGET FILMMAKING

SCREEN 1

13.00 : THE IGUANA WITH THE TONGUE OF FIRE
    14.45 : THE HUNGER (25th anniversary)

16.30 : THE DISAPPEARED + Short Film : DEAD BONES
    18.45. :CHILD'S PLAY (20th anniversary)
    21.00 : NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD .
    23.00 : NIGHT OF THE CREEPS

SCREEN 2

23.00 : GHOSTWOOD

SUNDAY OCTOBER 26th

13.00 : DEMONS 2
    14.45 : GRINDHOUSE TRAILERS
    16.50 : BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA

19.10 : SURPRISE FILM
    21.00 : MARTYRS
    23.00 : THE IMPOSSIBLE KID (Sequel to FOR YOUR HEIGHT ONLY)

MONDAY OCTOBER 27th

13.00 : PLAGUE TOWN
    14.45 : DAWN OF THE DEAD (30th anniversary)
    17.00 : MUM & DAD
    18.50 : JAWS 2 (30th anniversary)
    21.00 : THE MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN

Wait wait wait, what happened to Let The Right One In?

Mustn't have been able to get the right permissions ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Wait wait wait, what happened to Let The Right One In?

Maybe its the surprise film ?

Demons 2 is great fun.Was on the IFI site yesterday and cant find any info on prices for the 5 day pass.

• Advertisement

They don't usually release the ticket prices til very close to the date, maybe as soon as two weeks before hand. Last couple of years it was 120 euros for the 5 day.

I'll be getting it anyway.

Advertisement