Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Mon 22-Sep-08 - St. Colmcilles 19:00 Iona v Boardeaux

Options
  • 16-09-2008 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

sending this is in plenty of time to give lads plenty of notice, and im offline all week anyway.

for those of you that dont know, we are playing IONA. they are the best team in Dublin, sh*thot infact and are Dublin astro Champions, Division 1. They will b expected to hammer us. So we need everybody in for this. Im sure we will learn more from this game than any other game and playing them 2 weeks before the season, is perfect for us as it wil help us to focus on what areas we need to work on.

Im delighted with the way the feiendlies have gone. Des asked us to take charge of friendlies as he was (and rightly so) disappointed and p*ssed off at attitude and attendance, but this has been first class and the performances have shown it. This game wont be easy and we are up against players that probably play at the top level, so lets give it a shot. Not sure how long my injury is going to last but Ill know by Saturday anyway. I would rather if somebody else went in goals for this one also :D:D:D. we are also near having 3 or 4 players back from Injury which which help and of course Dave is back from America which gives us another option up top.

1 or 2 players who have shown no interest so far will get their last text message off me this week, I dont think its fair on the others who are turning up, that they remain in the squad if they dont turn up to this. maybe a good idea, that everybody tries to make this one as we have some players injured that wont know who half the squad is when they come back!!!(though i know this aint possible of course!)

GK -

Daryl -

Defenders (9)-

Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Simon -
    Lepo -
    Keith -
    Cathal -
    Dave (PHB) -
    Mick McEvilly -

Midfielders (10)-

Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Iain -
    Robbie -
    Kenny -
    Peader -

Forwards (3)-

Art -
    Eddie -
    Dave -

Injuries

Martin
    Jules
    Geoff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'm in unless the markets keep going mental. should have died down by next week though. I don't mind going in goals either if you're back fit Ed. Maybe we could do a half each or something

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I'm in unless the markets keep going mental. should have died down by next week though. I don't mind going in goals either if you're back fit Ed. Maybe we could do a half each or something

cool, cheers Ian....4 goals each so ya!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D. it is also the day after the all ireland, i may not be in a fit state to move that night..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

We all know the best team in Dublin is Shels Ed. Will you ever cop on :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i'm in too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

GK -

Daryl -

Defenders (9)-

Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Simon -
    Lepo -YES
    Keith -
    Cathal -
    Dave (PHB) -
    Mick McEvilly -

Midfielders (10)-

Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Iain -
    Robbie -
    Kenny -
    Peader -

Forwards (3)-

Art -
    Eddie -
    Dave -

Injuries

Martin
    Jules
    Geoff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll be there. If we are stuck, i could probably go in goals. Its been quite a while since i played there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

I won't make this one as I had previously thought. I have to attend a meeting about starting my Masters in town so won't make it on time. I'll have to wait until next Monday to make my long-awaited return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

In

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    We all know the best team in Dublin is Shels Ed. Will you ever cop on :p

from what i have heard martin, these lads would beat shels!!!!

one lad described them as having some of the best players he has ever seen around. i must find out if microsoft beat them (or the other team that got to the final). gives us an idea of what we are up against.

either way, if we keep them close, then its a massive step forward and we can defo win our own division if we can keep the division 1 champions to a 2 or 3 goal game.if we loose heavily, then im sure we will learn from it. however, i would not read into this too much as they are likely to be 3 or 4 goals better at least than any team we will ever play again!

des will have to come us with a master plan for this one to get a decent result!

from what i have heard martin, these lads would beat shels!!!!

one lad described them as having some of the best players he has ever seen around. i must find out if microsoft beat them (or the other team that got to the final). gives us an idea of what we are up against.

either way, if we keep them close, then its a massive step forward and we can defo win our own division if we can keep the division 1 champions to a 2 or 3 goal game.if we loose heavily, then im sure we will learn from it. however, i would not read into this too much as they are likely to be 3 or 4 goals better at least than any team we will ever play again!

des will have to come us with a master plan for this one to get a decent result!

What are you talking about Ed, I said I'm playing, no probs.

• Advertisement

Ditto

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

GK -

Daryl -

Defenders (9)-

Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Simon -
    Lepo -YES
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Dave (PHB) -
    Mick McEvilly -

Midfielders (10)-

Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Iain -
    Robbie -
    Kenny -
    Peader -

Forwards (3)-

Art -
    Eddie -
    Dave -

Injuries

Martin
    Jules
    Geoff

just been chatting to terence from the league (BTW, we are in the social Mon/Tues league now confirmed, there are 3 more spots, so fixtures will be out once they are filled) about this. he said the team we beat the last night are a very good side. IONA won 3-2 in their game, against a very good team also. IONA have had a team in this for 10 years now. he told me that while they have some excellent players ,they have alot of average players who are very very organised and who know what they are doing. they play the same, organised and their good players then make them the best team around. so, if we approach this game with a mentality of matching them man for man, i dont see why we cant get a result. if we go out and all out attack them, give them space and time on the ball, we loose our positions and shape, they will batter us.

anyway, here is the update. i will send texts again tomorrow or sat.

GK -

Daryl -

Defenders (9)-

Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael -
    Simon - NO
    Lepo -YES
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Dave (PHB) -
    Mick McEvilly - YES

Midfielders (10)-

Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav - YES
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Iain - YES
    Robbie - YES
    Kenny -
    Peader -

Forwards (3)-

Art - YES
    Eddie -
    Dave - NO

Injuries

Martin
    Jules
    Geoff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Working until 6.30. Going to struggle to make kick off...cycling from Cornelscourt...but I will be there.

Daryl - NO

Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael -
    Simon - NO
    Lepo -YES
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Dave (PHB) -
    Mick McEvilly - YES

Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav - YES
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Iain - YES
    Robbie - YES
    Kenny -
    Peader -

Art - YES
    Eddie - YES (could be late)
    Dave - NO

Daryl - NO

Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael -
    Simon - NO
    Lepo -YES
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Dave (PHB) -
    Mick McEvilly - YES

Larry -
    Derek -
    Peter - YES
    Gav - YES
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Iain - YES
    Robbie - YES
    Kenny -
    Peader -

Art - YES
    Dave - NO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Daryl - NO

Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael -
    Simon - NO
    Lepo -YES
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Dave (PHB) -
    Mick McEvilly - YES

Larry -
    Derek -NO
    Peter - YES
    Gav - YES
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Iain - YES
    Robbie - YES
    Kenny -
    Peader -

Art - YES
    Dave - NO

I hope everyone is in training for this!

My training will consist of running around the fields of mayo, moving cows for the weekend, then an evening or 2 of sinking pints :rolleyes:

will be a very tough game but as said above, if everyone does their job we should get a positive result from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Daryl - NO

Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael - Yes
    Simon - NO
    Lepo -YES
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Dave (PHB) -
    Mick McEvilly - YES

Larry -
    Derek -NO
    Peter - YES
    Gav - YES
    Mark -
    Conor -
    Iain - YES
    Robbie - YES
    Kenny -
    Peader -

Art - YES
    Dave - NO

So 11/12....that the final number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 sockdolage

Myself and Peadar are in.

Daryl - NO

Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael - Yes
    Simon - NO
    Lepo -YES
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Dave (PHB) -
    Mick McEvilly - YES

Larry -
    Derek -NO
    Peter - YES
    Gav - YES
    Mark - YES
    Conor -
    Iain - YES
    Robbie - YES
    Kenny -
    Peader - YES

Art - YES
    Dave - NO

• Advertisement

IS kick off at 7 or are we meeting then? I'll be heading straight from work. I'll send a text if I think I'm going to be late. What bus is it again? 15?

Kick off at 7 and the 15 will leave ya right outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'm out. gonna be working late again

Updated Squad. looking decent. gav just rang me, he is bringing a mate to fill in goals. i played a full 90 minutes out field on sat, so i should be ok to play outfield in this. also, theres a lad from the sat team that i play with, who is interested in playing and is coming tonight. his name is ciaran and he played against us in the first game and scored a hat trick.

Gavs Mate (GK) - YES

Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael - YES
    Lepo -YES
    Keith - YES
    Cathal - YES
    Mick McEvilly - YES
    Art - YES
    Peader - YES
    Peter - YES
    Gav - YES
    Mark - YES
    Conor - YES
    Robbie - YES
    Ciaran - YES
    Kenny -
    Larry - YES
    Dave (PHB) -

Derek -NO
    Iain - NO
    Simon - NO
    Dave - NO
    Daryl - NO

White T shirts or do we have jerseys?

white t shirts. not using te jersies until the league kick offs in 2 weeks time.

Great work on getting Ciaran to come out..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gavs Mate (GK) - YES

Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Michael - YES
    Lepo -YES
    Keith - YES
    Cathal - YES
    Mick McEvilly - YES
    Art - YES
    Peader - YES
    Peter - YES
    Gav - YES
    Mark - YES
    Conor - YES
    Robbie - YES
    Ciaran - YES
    Kenny -
    Larry - YES
    Dave (PHB) - NO

Derek -NO
    Iain - NO
    Simon - NO
    Dave - NO
    Daryl - NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Gavs Mate (GK) - YES

Ed - YES
    Dan - YES
    Cathal - YES

Michael - YES
    Keith - YES
    Mick McEvilly - YES

Mark - YES
    Robbie - YES
    Conor - YES

Lepo -YES
    Peader - YES
    Gav - YES
    Larry - YES

Peter - YES

Ciaran - YES
    Art - YES

• Advertisement

f*ckin superb performance. this was a great result and even tho they got a late equaliser, a draw was a fair result. their only threat was in the air and from set pieces which highlights the importance of defending and attacking set pieces. we didnt track their center half for the goal, he made a late run and was not followed from the edge of the D, disappointing, but something to learn from. you have to say also, the quality of delivery from their corners was top notch. we got 2 great goals, the first a smart finish from gav, the second a fantastic ball from Cieran who put Art through to konck it home.

theres nothing but positives from tonight. clayton was brilliant in goals, the back 4 was suberb with keith excellent at RB. we more than matched them in midfield and we created chances up front. we made about 9 changes throughout the game, which can disprupt things, but this was a chance to try things also, against good opposition.

we worked very hard and it paid off. well done and lets make it 7 friendlies undefeated next week.

Advertisement