Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2009 pre-orders???

Options
  • 15-09-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Anyone know of a reliable place to get a pre-order with the hope of getting it early 15/16th Oct perhaps?

I know gamesnash was on here last year saying they'd be sending them out early to the first batch of pre-orders, but i've been checking their site and nothing there yet with only a month to go.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

We will be taking pre orders for PES 09 from monday morning and will be dispatching on the 15th / 16th for delivery on or just before release day Friday 17th October. Will post a link here when they're live on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

Whats price you selling it for on the site?

Our final cost price will not be confirmed until later this week but we expect retail to be:

PS3 and XBOX 360 €57.99
    Wii €44.99
    PS2 and PSP €28.99

don't shoot me if thats wrong but its 95% likely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

it is available for around €37.50 delivered on videogamesplus.ca.

Final retails confirmed

PS3 €52.99
    X360 €52.99
    PS2 €28.99
    PSP €33.99
    PC €28.99

all prices above include free standard delivery with An Post

Wii due next year and DS no release date yet set.

http://gamesnash.ie/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=pro+evolution+2009

is a direct link to the search page for PES 09 and has links to all formats from there.

Apologies about the PSP price being higher than anticipated but the PS3 and XBOX 360 are lower :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,183 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Final retails confirmed

PS3 €52.99
    X360 €52.99
    PS2 €28.99
    PSP €33.99
    PC €28.99

all prices above include free standard delivery with An Post

Wii due next year and DS no release date yet set.

http://gamesnash.ie/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=pro+evolution+2009

is a direct link to the search page for PES 09 and has links to all formats from there.

Apologies about the PSP price being higher than anticipated but the PS3 and XBOX 360 are lower :)

have mine ordered - better be in the first batch to go out - by express post too!:D:D

Tauren wrote: »
    have mine ordered - better be in the first batch to go out - by express post too!:D:D

Guaranteed first batch.
    Guaranteed release day delivery at latest. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

bennyob wrote: »
    it is available for around €37.50 delivered on videogamesplus.ca.

It's not out in North America until November 12th, so unless you want to wait a month you'll need to buy it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

If only I knew they had a working online this year id pre-order it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BigPapaPado

PES 2009 is only coming out on PS3, XBOX 360 & PC. Wii next year. This is direct from konami's head of marketing.

• Advertisement

PES 2009 is only coming out on PS3, XBOX 360 & PC. Wii next year. This is direct from konami's head of marketing.

Somebody has released a PS2 version without telling him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

cool, just put my order in too:)

hopefully in the first batch with you tauren

Thanks for the order - in regards to batches etc it's a case of picking in the order that the game was ordered with priority been given to the express posts. Anyone ordering now should easily be in the first dispatch so no need to worry here :)

cool, and just in case there is an issue (i've had it happen before with sites that i.p. check for fraud), our work servers are in london so it might look like my order came from there even though i'm in dublin;)

Ha - funny you said that - your order is flagged alright by Worldpay for that very reason.

Ha - funny you said that - your order is flagged alright by Worldpay for that very reason.

:) same thing happened buying a cable from the uk. hope my explanation suffices, but feel free to call me if needs be

the only real advantage is that i get to use the bbc iplayer in work

There's no hassles - it's reasonably common but we do check them out as a policy. The guys were just about to start digging on you but it's held off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Just ordered mine for the pc, I've read a couple of previews its supposed to be back on track after last years disaster. fingers crossed online will actually work!

:eek: phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Sorry to hijack a little, I am ordering PES from yourselves anyway, but if I order Fifa09 at this stage too, is that on/before guaranteed release day delivery too?

Thought I may as well ask before placing an order for them both. :D

Thanks. ;)

Edit: oh and that would be to D13.

• Advertisement

To be fair the thread got hijacked earlier :D

Same story with all pre orders - we ship them before release day and would expect them to land on or before release day itself. If you want to guarantee it express post it.

( We generally dispatch the pre orders on same day - but in cases of major releases like GTA4 for example there was that many to be shipped that we gave the express posts priority. That said majority of the time they go off on the same collection - it's up to An Post after that. Usually they arrive on time - with express post they guarantee it )

Being in Dublin though if I was you I'd take the gamble ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Is normal an post shipping insured? ie if it doesnt arrive I will be covered? (sorry its my first order)

tw0nk wrote: »
    Is normal an post shipping insured? ie if it doesnt arrive I will be covered? (sorry its my first order)

No unfortunately not - however should a package fail to arrive the retailer is responsible for it. That said with normal post a delay of 30 days from reporting a missing package is to be expected as there has to be time given to see if it turns up.

Registered and or Express post are trackable to it means should an item disappear it can be confirmed disappeared straight away and a replacement sorted without delay.

Ah Im gonna order it with an post shipping, Il take the chance, great price by the way, looking forward to it now!

can I trade in my ps3 pro evo 2008 against it? Never mind, I read through your website and filled in the form, thanks!

Yeah you can trade in anything you like against it - PES 2008 is dropping value wise now though with PES 2009 around the corner. Trade in lads are quoting €16.00 for it at the moment.

thats cool, something is better than nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Is there really any point in pre-ordering? Like, they aren't gonna go all on pre's, there'll be plenty in supply.

Well to be honest I can't see there being a shortage of them. Advantage of pre ordering online is getting it a) cheaper and b) not having to make the trek to the shop to buy it.

If you're planning on buying it off the high street then slap in a pre order to game and get yourself double reward points. That extra 50 cent is well worth it. ;):D

That's damn bitchy I know !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Well I'm not a big online shopper... so to the shops!

Advertisement