Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage advise for a first time buyer

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alliejo

spockety wrote: »
    Interesting user name :D

Why are you scouting for FTBs?
    are you looking for some ftb leads ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

cheers, all went well, no problems. We still need the full 8 %, but we'll get that somehow...but definitely no problem getting a 92 % mortgage...

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

galah wrote: »
    So what used to be 8 % is now about 5 % of the mortgage deposit....

Any opinions on that?

I got approved last week for a mortgage and have been offered 95% of the mortgage. I already had 2% deposit paid so just have to pay the 3% now so yeah, it is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

As true as I'm sitting here, AIB said a 100% (yes you read correct - based on my bro's profession) FTB mortgage of 400k on a 35 year term would have been possible based on our combined income (me and my bro) - assuming no other debt and significant outgoings.

This was back in mid 2008. I just chucked to myself. Myself and the bro earned a combined income of 60k gross.

I'd love to go back and see what would be offered now.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

is this insanity? one poster offered 95, another 100%. Is this the celtic Tiger happening again? Haven't property prices further to fall? Are they being set up for negative equity?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

That was 100% in mid 2008, they don't exist anymore.

Interesting about the 95%, care to elaborate ChewChew? Bullet proof highpaying job and/or huge deposit?

It don't say on any of the banks websites that they offer 95%, wonder who does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

gurramok wrote: »
    Interesting about the 95%, care to elaborate ChewChew? Bullet proof highpaying job and/or huge deposit?

cant be a hugh deposit if its a 95% mortgage. the deposit could only be 5% :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alliejo

Guys if you're looking to see how much you could potentially get use this site https://www.mortgages.ie/index.cfm/spKey/home.apply_online
    Yeah I found them good too... they will go through everything with you

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

gurramok wrote: »

It don't say on any of the banks websites that they offer 95%, wonder who does.
    House is €200k. Bank giving me €190k and I already have €4k paid!

Advertisement