Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 Owners Club

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

hmmm, i wouldnt skirmish with one( maybe once for teh lulz) just want it for the looks, would consider skirmishing a non motorised one unless i was doing FSG which i would do with an mp5, im not the kind of person who confines a certain gun to a certain role,except for in milsim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

hes not making one as far as i know.

lol

forgot where i seen the mp5 C mags

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

vtec wrote: »
    Their noisey, heavy and carry way too much ammunition, its not very realistic when you can hold your finger on a trigger for 2000rounds without letting up and not exactly fair to the lads your playing against.,

They're just disadvantaging themselves in most cases. As they lay down thousands of bbs they act like a beacon on their own position. Neil and co just pick them off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

thats providing snipers are close enough, and not forgetting the sniper would usually know where everyone is anyway, just a matter of getting close enough for a shot un noticed. then theres the fact that ya cont really get a shot off if someone is hosing your cover down with plastic rain.,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ep1k-w1n

those excuses wouldnt cut it out in iraq.
    "those guys are cheating, they have extra ammo, and they really know how to lay it down"

hi cap mags hold unrealistic amounts of ammo and rattle like hell, as do the box mags attached to a SAW or M60, so why not push it to the limit?

i think maybe some people are possible jealous of drum mags.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

ep1k-w1n wrote: »
    "those guys are cheating, they have extra ammo, and they really know how to lay it down"

hi cap mags hold unrealistic amounts of ammo and rattle like hell, as do the box mags attached to a SAW or M60, so why not push it to the limit?

Are you suggesting we have drum-mag envy?

I might suggest that people toting drums on an MP5 are just kids playing te old mini-maxi game. No soul.

... but then, it would only be a counter suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Box mags in airsoft are stupid, they hold 10 times the amount a real box mag would.

M249 for example, in airsoft the mags hold 2-3000 bb's in real life they're 200

round boxes, ya cant hold your finger down on that, because when them

boxes are dry, your dead, no going back to the safe zone in war for a 5.56

belt. If you have to use a box mag in airsoft, your game strategy is fatally

flawed, no excuse, you arent even getting the enjoyment yourself of manouveres,mag

changes under fire etc your just sitting in a ditch firing at non moving targets.

As for hi-caps, even with hi-caps the mag will have to be changed at some point, which

takes time, giving the enemy a chance against you, with a boxmag you have essentially a

days worth of ammo ya can just lay down, burst after burst after burst, no mag changes,

winding, or aiming really.

I might suggest that people toting drums on an MP5 are just kids playing te old mini-maxi game. No soul.

Hive, have to make sure we get a pic of him with it. I can think of the perfect "Lolcatz" style slogan:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jealous? Mate the last time there was an argument on these boards about the validity of drum mags in games (which I am vehemently against) I ended up selling a drum mag I had lying around from a time when I tried it out (because I won't argue unless I know what I'm on about) to the guy I was arguing against. Can't be jealous of something I got rid of...

If you want to use the comparison to the real soldiers, fine. Lets.
    Your box mag will hold circa 3000 rounds of ammunition. Thats about 2700 rounds more than an average soldier would carry with them in a standard loadout. If you want to compare an MP5/M4 with a box mag to a SAW (which is a laughable prospect) and say you want as many rounds as them. Grand, get a midcap. The box mags they use hold between 100 and 200 rounds depending on the type. They usually carry 2-3 of them.
    Armour pieces don't even take 3000 rounds into a fight with them...

I actually have a SAW, and I happily use 120 round midcap magazines in it when I take it out. This isn't because I don't have a box mag, one came with it. I just refuse to use it because it's outlandish. I use a bunch of midcaps, which are more fun than you could believe in a SAW.

That said, each to their own. I look forward to proving to you how one well placed shot is worth ten drum mags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ep1k-w1n

im too young to know what that game is, was it on the sinclair?
    who needs sole when you can just "BOOOOM HEADSHOT" n00bz.
    once i win then i dont care about solul.
    pure pwnage is where its at.
    Blay wrote: »
    Box mags in airsoft are stupid, they hold 10 times the amount a real box mag would.

M249 for example, in airsoft the mags hold 2-3000 bb's in real life they're 200

round boxes, ya cant hold your finger down on that, because when them

boxes are dry, your dead, no going back to the safe zone in war for a 5.56

belt. If you have to use a box mag in airsoft, your game strategy is fatally

flawed, no excuse, you arent even getting the enjoyment yourself of manouveres,mag

changes under fire etc your just sitting in a ditch firing at non moving targets

so do all airsoft mags cept 4 low/real capz, so if youre not usin them you cant say whats allowed or frowned on.

i cant wait to play my first game at HRTA and wipe the floor with my "tommy gun"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

so do all airsoft mags cept 4 low/real capz, so if youre not usin them you cant say whats allowed or frowned on.

i cant wait to play my first game at HRTA and wipe the floor with my "tommy gun"

I edited my post to address that point, which really is a redundant one, also I assume from

what you've said you have never skirmished so you have never played against a box mag and

seen how frustrating it is, we pretty much all do and frankly it destroys a game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Mini-maxi - for young gamers who think they know it all, is where you minimise all traits to gain the maximum effect of others.

Or to put it bluntly, you are playing counter strike or quake on the airsoft field when everyone else is trying to play Battlefield or Delta Force.

I haz 10 thousand bulletzez an mi e-willy is bigaa dan youz!! kthxbye:D

I haz 10 thousand bulletzez an mi e-willy is bigaa dan youz!! kthxbye:D

Ep1k Fa1l = pwned :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

You are the "n00b" people will be saying that too. Particularly if your idea of rhetoric is leet speak.

I use low and real cap mags as it happens. In all of my rifles. So that, by your logic, qualifies me rather nicely to say what will be frowned upon by the general airsofting community, and an MP5 with a box mag is one of those things.

I can't wait for you to realise just how wrong you are...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats a ridiculous point, your taking real life as an example and yet you support the idea of 2000rd mags? thats a contradiction in terms. not only do they have to reload every few mins in real life but they also cant just hold their fingers on the trigger for 2000rds even if they could feed that many, the barrel will need to cool down., hence giving the enemy opertunity to return fire, now that doesnt apply to airsoft so you never need to take your finger off the trigger, hence having an unfair advantage over fellow players.

Hicap mags do hold more than a real cap would but they also need to be changed like a regular mag, you'll find most players that play regularly often switch to midcap magazines.,
    jealous? yeah thats very intelligent, if i wanted a box mag i could buy one right now., infact,with what ive spent on airsoft kit in the last 4-5 days i could've bought 10 box mags. but why would I?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

So what you're saying is, you've never actually played airsoft, and yet you're somehow absolutely, incontrovertibly, 100% certain that more ammo per clip will make you good at the game, even when told differently by some of the most experienced skirmishers in the country?

ep1k f41l

gerrowadat wrote: »
    So what you're saying is, you've never actually played airsoft, and yet you're somehow absolutely, incontrovertibly, 100% certain that more ammo per clip will make you good at the game, even when told differently by some of the most experienced skirmishers in the country?

ep1k f41l

Nail on the head.

Actually, I hope I dont run into the OP or I might actually put a nail through his skull.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nail on the head.

Actually, I hope I dont run into the OP or I might actually put a nail through his skull.

Did you ACTUALLY post that?

*Rereads*

Yes, yes you did.

You've been here long enough to know that personal abuse isn't accepted. Personal THREATS? I don't even know where to start with that.

Banned for the moment. I'm going to have to discuss this with the other moderators.

Anyway, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement