Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[guide] Firefox for small screens (EEE, Wind, 4211, Aspire One etc)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/521
    Permanently hide content from web pages using the Context Menu. Simply, click and "Remove it Permanently". Now includes previewing of items before removal, support for IFrame as well as lots of advanced features to make it easy for anyone to remove annoying content from web pages.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That should come in handy. Cheers, capn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Not to be insolent, but what's that got over AdBlock Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I guess adblock just blocks it from view, this removes it for ever? I'd like to know also :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Adblock will just remove images and flash objects. This lets you remove any html from the page. So for example you can remove the quick reply box from the bottom of this page, adblock can't do that.

• Advertisement

Oh, sweet. Goodbye Announcements box.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/521
    Permanently hide content from web pages using the Context Menu. Simply, click and "Remove it Permanently". Now includes previewing of items before removal, support for IFrame as well as lots of advanced features to make it easy for anyone to remove annoying content from web pages.
    That's worked a charm, capn'. Only thing is it still loads all the items then removes them once the page is finished loading which is really annoying.. Is there any way to stop it loading the item in the first place?

It accidentally my quote Post Reply box T_T

You can undo the last one. Just right click and "undo last RIP".

I know.. but it wasn't the last one I had done and I couldn't figure out which. Hmmph.

• Advertisement

Yeah I did that. The only way I can think to undo it is to remove each one you added one by one until it comes back.

Yeah I did that. The only way I can think to undo it is to remove each one you added one by one until it comes back.

Aha. I had it set to remove the Announcement table at the top, but it had just removed all similar items too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Another decent addon that is very useful, Hide MenuBar.

Advertisement