Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Years! :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

I knew nobody in my first year at the start and I got along just fiiiiiiiiine.

I got over my sociophobia by constantly making outrageous comments. Then frequent invitations to parties followed. That advice may work only for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grodge

Tuireann wrote: »
    I'm Tuireann, doing DT105 Arch Tech up in oul Bolton street! the place to be :P

Congrads, you have just signed away the next three years of your life to a huge workload, late nights and rushed stressed deadlines.:eek::eek:

Ah no, you should enjoy it. But i must warn you, this course needs to be approached with a disciplined work ethic. Make sure you dont fall behind. Besides, when you complete a project you should enjoy the fact that you have applied a person touch to a design.:D

Remember that there are no steadfast rules to designing something. Just go with an idea, present it to studio staff and let them comment and advise you. You are there to make mistakes and learn from them.

:mad:Dont let yourself become a CAD monkey.:mad:

Grodge (Arch Tech defector):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

So didn't see this thread :P

I'm John doing Food/Pharm. Tech in Cathal Brugha St.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

whitey47 wrote: »
    Hey! Im Robbie doing DT025 Engineering, i know nobody doin th same course.. Anyone out der n th same boat as me..?? :)

So in the same boat..

I'm gonna be freaking out monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Leane00

Leanne

doing int biz and german kevin st and aungier st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Im also DT025. Cant wait to get started. But this maths test thing is kinda worrying looking!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

gaz d wrote: »
    Hey im gavin doing transport technology in bolton st.

Starting the same course meself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Tuireann

grodge wrote: »
    Congrads, you have just signed away the next three years of your life to a huge workload, late nights and rushed stressed deadlines.:eek::eek:

Ah no, you should enjoy it. But i must warn you, this course needs to be approached with a disciplined work ethic. Make sure you dont fall behind. Besides, when you complete a project you should enjoy the fact that you have applied a person touch to a design.:D

Remember that there are no steadfast rules to designing something. Just go with an idea, present it to studio staff and let them comment and advise you. You are there to make mistakes and learn from them.

:mad:Dont let yourself become a CAD monkey.:mad:

Grodge (Arch Tech defector):pac:

Sounds delightful haha dont falll behind? ****...im gna miss like the 1st 2 days cause of debs! not a good start lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭claret

Ahh ya, Fun Fun!! Its all ahead of us! Wed 17th is fast approachin..! Did you see ther having a table quiz for us on thurs evening... Bit random ain't it..?!
    a table quiz? They have to organise different events to help everyone get to know each other i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Ahh ya, Fun Fun!! Its all ahead of us! Wed 17th is fast approachin..! Did you see ther having a table quiz for us on thurs evening... Bit random ain't it..?!

Dammit I work in the evenings :(

Imma miss 7th of October then 10-17th of October :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rob-bob

I'm Rob. Starting Product Design

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Diploma in Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ken_cleary

Kenn, startin DT222 physics tech:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 youhippybastard

dt104 bolton street!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Corky Boy

claret wrote: »
    I'm in the same rocky boat as you whitey47. It kind of adds to the anticipation and excitement though, knowing you're gonna be like a deer caught in headlights your first day :P

hey i'm in the same course as yas both,guess dat makes 3 of us in dat rocky boat 2,how many people r in our course dus any1 know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 whitey47

Turnip2000 wrote: »
    Im also DT025. Cant wait to get started. But this maths test thing is kinda worrying looking!:o

Do we all hav to do a maths test..? Sh1te i thought if we got an honour it was good enuf..??

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Corky Boy wrote: »
    hey I'm in the same course as yas both,guess dat makes 3 of us in dat rocky boat 2,how many people r in our course dus any1 know?

80 I think I read somewhere?
    Do we all hav to do a maths test..? Sh1te i thought if we got an honour it was good enuf..??

In orderto get the course you needed an honour.....so im guessing that everybody wil be doing this "Diagnostic" or whatever the hell it is. Anyone able to shed some light onto what exactly we're in for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Corky Boy

Turnip2000 wrote: »
    In orderto get the course you needed an honour.....so im guessing that everybody wil be doing this "Diagnostic" or whatever the hell it is. Anyone able to shed some light onto what exactly we're in for?
    i think its 2 seperate us in2 different groups 4 the year dependin on our maths ability as i heard this course has alot of maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 The-Artstar

Dt 557.....

After a year of deferring am finally starting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laswan14

darragh.....doin dt104! whoop whoop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sobmeister

Hi I'm Stephen, DT025 Engineering

What's this about a maths test?? Oh cr*p!!:(

http://www.bebo.com/ob_180

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 whitey47

Corky Boy wrote: »
    i think its 2 seperate us in2 different groups 4 the year dependin on our maths ability as i heard this course has alot of maths
    Ah fcuk it!! yeah this course has a lot of maths i tnk, but this test cant be 2 tough surely on our first few days like.. It BETTER NOT NEWAY!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Welcome to all the newbies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cmb

oh cool, a few others doing DT025 here as well. my name's ciara. yea i presume the maths test is for srting out classes. i think there was 80 people doing the course last year but there's 95 this year. i really cant wait to start. don't know anyone either. are you other engineers from dublin or are u moving up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sobmeister

cmb wrote: »
    oh cool, a few others doing DT025 here as well. my name's ciara. yea i presume the maths test is for srting out classes. i think there was 80 people doing the course last year but there's 95 this year. i really cant wait to start. don't know anyone either. are you other engineers from dublin or are u moving up?

Hi Ciara, well I live in Meath so will be commuting in on a dail basis, easier I reckon than trying to get accomodation especially when there's a bus service there! You moving up yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Stephen,DT228 computer science:D
    Sobmeister wrote: »
    Hi I'm Stephen, DT025 Engineering

What's this about a maths test?? Oh cr*p!!:(

http://www.bebo.com/ob_180

lucky were not donig the same course then:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gitsy

Chris McCann startin 007;)

Automotive Management Technology..

Tell me im not the only one:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gitsy

gaz d wrote: »
    Hey im gavin doing transport technology in bolton st.

ps anyone else not 18 starting?

how u get dat course:eek:

i didn get offered it, wz only freaked lik

007:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Richiekinsy

Richie, civil engineering DT004, Bolton Street

any1 else doing this course?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cmb

Sobmeister wrote: »
    Hi Ciara, well I live in Meath so will be commuting in on a dail basis, easier I reckon than trying to get accomodation especially when there's a bus service there! You moving up yourself?

no i'm from Dublin so hopefully only about 45 mins on bus. just wondering where people from our class will be from. oh excitement. starting tomorrow!

Advertisement