Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirai 32" LCD TV €375 in Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Tesco tralee still have them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is any left in Dundrum or Nutgrove or is this offer over?

Was a few in Dundrum last weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

They are now 369.99 in Xtravision.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Picked one up in Clarehall last night. There were about 4 left. I'm quite happy with it. Haven't fired up the 360 on it yet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ibook

Passed through Tesco Jervis this evening, there were none left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Don't know if this post is of any use to anyone but there were a couple of these telly's at this price in Tesco in Portlaoise as of 7 o' clock this evening. I was tempted but there's not much point buying one I reckon if, like me, you're on Chorus analogue as it would probably look totally sh!te on it! :rolleyes:

Still, though, for anyone in the area who's got Sky or Chorus Digital or wants one for playing their 360/PS3 on, or for anyone who might be passing through Portlaoise, I just thought I'd mention it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭podge3

I was tempted but there's not much point buying one I reckon if, like me, you're on Chorus analogue as it would probably look totally sh!te on it! :rolleyes:
    I'm using this TV on Chorus(UPC) analogue and the picture is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

podge3 wrote: »
    I'm using this TV on Chorus(UPC) analogue and the picture is fine.

Chorus digital is just as sh!tty as analogue. Chorus are the worst company ever!
    Have you seen UPC's logo? It's made with http://cooltext.com/ I wonder if they owe royalties on that?

Sorry for that off topic rant...

ibook wrote: »
    Passed through Tesco Jervis this evening, there were none left.

Tesco Galway got at least 9 on the shelves, maybe 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

My brother got this tv yesterday. It's pretty good but im no expert. PS3 looks great on it. He got it in Xtravision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've had that TV for a month now and it's great. Use if just for Xbox/PS3 and DVDs and it's a very impressive piece of kit for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Got one in Tullamore yesterday, good few in stock, Wexford did too when I was there Wednesday. Anyone know the Remote Code for Sky Remote though, none n the interweb seem to work...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Sky have a help page under system setup or something that has almost all TVs listed. Try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

there is the link to it on their website.

http://www.mirai.eu/Europe/ProductDetails&product_id=75&cat_id=43

its at the low end of the lcd tv scale but its a good price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Did try it, first, didn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

rejkin wrote: »
    HD is great on the xbox and on upscaled dvd's
    This HD ready yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

At least 6 or 7 of these left in Tesco, Castlebar yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'm using it with my 360 set to 1080i and it looks great. The 1080p setting doesn't work too well.

Dvds look fine too. These are non-upscaled ones I've been trying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

dvd's dont come upscaled, your dvd player if it is capable will upscale a standard dvd.

if you want HD videos, you will need a hd dvd player, or a bluray player

hd dvd -> xbox 360 hd dvd drive / toshiba make them
    bluray -> sony ps3 / sony standalone bluray players

hd dvd and bluray are two different formats and highly superior to standard dvds

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Got one of these in Galway yesterday connected a wii cant seem to get a good picture anyone have a wiii on this ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

thay are no good last year got a samsung s4 32inch for 750 and its the bast evar xbox in 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got one in Xtra Vision last Friday and have to say it's excellent for the price. I don't think you'd really notice 1080P on a tv this size, certainly not worth almost twice the price.

Tesco Galway got at least 9 on the shelves, maybe 16.

All gone now from Galway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

BrendanD wrote: »
    Got one of these in Galway yesterday connected a wii cant seem to get a good picture anyone have a wiii on this ?

wii isnt HD so its not going to look great on anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Sorted out the problem , you have to go in to tv settings and select Ireland as the country works fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

If you get the Wii compnent cables, it will improve the games that are compatible with component cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

xbox36016 wrote: »
    thay are no good last year got a samsung s4 32inch for 750 and its the bast evar xbox in 1080p

What are you on about? They are no good because you got a Samsung? They are a great TV for the price. I work in Xtravision and sold about 30/40 of these myself and 6 to my family and friends and no one has a bad word to say about them. I bought the 32" and 22" models and I have had no problem with them, I use them with X-Box 360 and Sky Digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

jenno86 wrote: »
    What are you on about? They are no good because you got a Samsung? They are a great TV for the price. I work in Xtravision and sold about 30/40 of these myself and 6 to my family and friends and no one has a bad word to say about them. I bought the 32" and 22" models and I have had no problem with them, I use them with X-Box 360 and Sky Digital.
    Is it true the xtravision is an older model than tescos and some functions do not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

I think the tesco ones are the older model, they only have 8w speakers. Xtravision have 10w speakers!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

jenno86 wrote: »

Hey Jenno... just wondering if you've ever seen the 32" Mirai used as a pc monitor. I'm tempted to replace my ancient crt tv and crt monitor with one all round and really big TV solution to be used with xbox360, ps3 and as my pc monitor. It would really help me with space issues and I know the Mirai has a pc input but i'm wondering if its good enough to use for everyday PC use.

Advertisement