Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS3 Randomly Turning On and Going into Remote Play

Options
  • 05-09-2008 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

A strange one for you. Just tonight while I've been watching TV the P3 has turned itself on twice and gone into Remote Play mode. Now I do have it set to allow Remote Play but the only registered device is my PSP.

Has anyone had this issue happen to them? I'm a little reluctant to leave the PS3 in standby mode if it's likely to repeatedly turn itself on. Has anyone heard of this happening, what's the solution?

EDIT: It's just done it again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I did some more googling and found the following:

You need to set up the PS3 to turn on remotely (via the internet) for this to work (it's in the options for remote play). My router interferes with the process, so my PS3 ends up turning itself on at random intervals... This is apparently common for some (wireless) routers.

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1312928&postcount=2

So it seems it's a router issue. I don't have the foggiest how I might sort it out. Does anyone have any directions they can point me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

used to happen to me so just turned off remote play

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

The psp can also switch istself on and off, which may be causing the ps3 to turn on... The PSP will turn itself off though so you may not notice it as the cause.

But yeah, It happens me too.. I havent tried it on latest firmwares though.

Advertisement