Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOCOM beta

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

my code says its already been redeemed the maximum number of times! i never even entered it! for some reason i cant get through to the Sony customer support either! The number doesn't seem to work yet I have rang it before... anyone got the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

i got that email aswell. where do u enter the code?

you go to account management > transactions> then enter code

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Got a code this morning as well.

I'd rather eat my own spine than play a game like this... so if anyone wants my code then let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

yea im just getting The code you entered may not be correct or may be no longer valid.

• Advertisement

could i have it please? the one i got doesnt work! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

could i have it please? the one i got doesnt work! :(

PM Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I got an email from sony today also and it says the code has been redeemed the maximum number of times even though i just entered it for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jerudo

Does anyone here have a spare Beta key? Or a key to share with me?:confused:

I've been looking for a code for a while now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Niall0 wrote: »
    I got an email from sony today also and it says the code has been redeemed the maximum number of times even though i just entered it for the first time.

Same as myself. This seems to be almost as big a debacle than the MGO beta :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Well I got a code there on Monday but I didn't activate it until just now. However I used the PC PlayStation Store to input the code, has anyone else tried that? Because it worked for me (currently downloading it on my PS3).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

screw sony screw their betas time to get a 360 now..damn sony have got on my nerves this past while...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

screw sony screw their betas time to get a 360 now..damn sony have got on my nerves this past while...

..because of beta's?

I don't think you're getting the point of a beta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

..because of beta's?

I don't think you're getting the point of a beta :)

basically lol..ah ye good point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Just to add something to the 'two different versions' of SOCOM argument that was going on a while ago, check out these screenshots:

1: These screenshots were released last week and show a game that looks like what we're all playing in the Beta - crummy textures!

2: The next day Kotaku updated with new screenshots, with Sony saying that the other screenshots were old (most likely from an older build.)

Just thought I'd post this to add credence to what prodigal_son was saying. You can clearly see from the new screenshots that what we're playing is not the latest graphical build.

My impressions so far? I'm completely new to SOCOM so I liked that this was easy to pick up and play, controls are pretty solid, it's quite fun. The vibration was very responsive I found, which I like. I was surprised to see almost everyone on the server I was on had a headset - I'll have to get one so! The laggy menu's are kind of off-putting, as is the fact that I respawned after joining a match and it crashed my PS3. Hopefully we'll be seeing patches every weekend as they deal with problems and refine everything.

Advertisement